IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

16 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

He's trying to argue that their only marketing done in the retro world is not who it is for. Reality, they marketed it to retro. Retro they haven't marketed it in any realms as much as retro. Reality they pimped their old retro IPs. Reality, look at this old trailer, retro themed and presented at a retro gaming convention. 

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, it's a duck!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Even the employees are showing they are bonkers.

Screenshot_20230105_144753_Discord.thumb.jpg.136a459a50030f2072386774b29bc74e.jpg

He's trying to argue that their only marketing done in the retro world is not who it is for. Reality, they marketed it to retro. Retro they haven't marketed it in any realms as much as retro. Reality they pimped their old retro IPs. Reality, look at this old trailer, retro themed and presented at a retro gaming convention. 

He's saying it's not a retro gaming console because it doesn't have the old, classic, vintage games that retro gamers typically play.  When we talk about retro video games we are usually talking about the old games, not modern remakes taking some of the old names and themes.  If people want to play 1980 Missile Command or 1982 Moon Patrol, they won't find them on Amico.  You can say the modern remakes are retro video games but it's not what most people think of.

11 hours ago, MattPilz said:

Which is why I was surprised to find Tommy signed separate from the company as a personal guarantor for the six figure, five year office equipment lease even without a product and at a time when the company was already so overwhelmed by debts. This allowed the company to sue Tommy as a distinct party even if Intellivision has no funding or assets, to recover their debts owed. And if this was done for one furniture lease of one office location, I imagine we will learn there were similar contracts with other vendors as well.

The Utah office probably came furnished. Iirc they share office space in that building.

3 hours ago, Pink said:

The SNES Mario Kart is most definitely the hardcore & skill based one of the series. Although I don't want to derail this topic.

B2DnKr5.png

Oh the irony. Maybe Tommy should listen to himself and admit that he himself, doesn't always hit a homerun every single time, nor does he "always win" like some of his "friends" such as DJC love to claim. Heck, were all human. We all make mistakes. We all mess up, and blunder, and falter at times. And that's A-ok!

I don't think that talk is derailing. It is an example of the salesman making up shit to make his product sound good. 

I made the mistake of liking the idea of the console and thought it would actually come out. I was big wrong on that. I rectified my mistake by buying a Switch and realized even more how very wrong he is.

3 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, it's a duck!

NO IT ISN'T A DUCK ITS AN INDUSTRY DISRUPTING SUBURBAN SOCCER MOM MAGNET! 

They were a vendor at mom 2.0. What else did they do? They had a blurb in AARP which also had other game consoles. And I mean it was the tiniest of blurbs.

One non-retro thing they did was try to sell it to a mom blogger. That wasn't trying to market it to the wider denographic. "Retro is in," So I don't think you can argue that the AARP supports the it was marketed as more than a retro console. https://www.aarp.org/home-family/personal-technology/info-2021/classic-gaming-consoles.html

After all how many retro intellivision are now old enough to get AARP? :P

It really makes you wonder what they paid any of the marketing team to do? Some of it was astroturfing I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, rayik said:

What TT said here that turned out to be true. 

1182391602_amico-doingitwrong.thumb.png.5a6ea1a263dca482e0c798f9cf203e4d.png

Ha ha. Yeah the only time he seems to ever be correct is when he's acting like a smartass about getting stuff wrong. Which he did. For years. I mean he failed for 4 straight years. Maybe there's a record he could buy for himself.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

He's saying it's not a retro gaming console because it doesn't have the old, classic, vintage games that retro gamers typically play.  

He said no such thing. Even the mascot is a blocky looking person. You are making stuff up and are so wrong. Go look for those FCC certs while sorting through pictures of my kid with your friends.

6 hours ago, mr_me said:

It's not much different than making a personal loan.  All the outstanding personal loans from other board members as well, plus their equity investments are at risk.

Whether it's class action or small claims court, arguments are the same.  If the company hadn't paid refunds on request for about two years until they got into financial trouble, you might have a case.  You'd have to look at who said what after that but the number of preorders affected would be much smaller by that time.

There's no discovery in small claims court.  As such, the plaintiffs wouldn't have access to IE's internal decision making, etc.  That's just one reason why the venue could make a significant difference.  

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

There's no discovery in small claims court.  As such, the plaintiffs wouldn't have access to IE's internal decision making, etc.  That's just one reason why the venue could make a significant difference.  

Either they lied numerous times publicly. Those lies came from the CEO himself.

Last I checked the company hasn't gone bankrupt so there isn't reason for them to not refund. That is why it would be mordant for people to report them now before they do file for bankruptcy. There will be even less reason for them to give refunds after they file.

Screenshot_20230106_124523_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4b1bded43f0f4788a3e8121da7fa224f.jpg

Here is a quick link for anyone wanting to do so. https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/1126-1000099037

5 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

He said no such thing. Even the mascot is a blocky looking person. You are making stuff up and are so wrong. Go look for those FCC certs while sorting through pictures of my kid with your friends.

The games proposed to be released with the Amico don't include any of the classic video games that retro gamers remember playing.  The Amico games that have the retro names are different games.  I'm not making that up, he mentioned facts, that's one of the facts.

In that last sentence you managed to commit personal mischaracterisation, false accusations, and harassment.

5 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Last I checked the company hasn't gone bankrupt so there isn't reason for them to not refund. That is why it would be mordant for people to report them now before they do file for bankruptcy. There will be even less reason for them to give refunds after they file

We were talking about suing the person rather than the company.  The case against the company is straightforward, the evidence is clear as it is.  They owe deposit refunds to anyone that asked for one.  It was on the company web site about preorders going back to 2020 and they said so in an email earlier this year.  Getting the courts involved in collection can force them to file for bankruptcy or some other action.

Can't believe the Amico dram continues.  So glad I got my refund and moved on months ago.  The last official statement made by Phil left me so underwhelmed I had enough.  Deep down I still root for the Amico to come out but I'm just not seeing it happening.

Edited by Mik's Arcade
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mik's Arcade said:

Can't believe the Amico dram continues.  So glad I got my refund and moved on months ago.  The last official statement made by Phil left me so underwhelmed I had enough.  Deep down I still root for the Amico to come out but I'm just not seeing it happening.

Sadly it wont be over until it either releases or company files bankruptcy. Even then it wont be over!  The Amico has become more than a machine, it became about a man. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

The games proposed to be released with the Amico don't include any of the classic video games that retro gamers remember playing.  The Amico games that have the retro names are different games.  I'm not making that up, he mentioned facts, that's one of the facts.

In that last sentence you managed to commit personal mischaracterisation, false accusations, and harassment.

We were talking about suing the person rather than the company.  The case against the company is straightforward, the evidence is clear as it is.  They owe deposit refunds to anyone that asked for one.  It was on the company web site about preorders going back to 2020 and they said so in an email earlier this year.  Getting the courts involved in collection can force them to file for bankruptcy or some other action.

Do you have time to define scam, pretty please?   

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Well, another one retail partner for Amico may not be around much longer. With no more BB&B where will Amico be sold?   I doubt Gamestop will take them back.  Best Buy, Walmart and Target?    Or Big Lots and Ollies. 

9B75ACEB-CA22-4BD7-82A8-79AEC57EA9EB.jpeg

If they do end up liquidating for good and closing every store down permanently, maybe someone will buy the name and continue to operate a website like what happened with Circuit City when they went under and also Montgomery Ward. So there is still hope that Bed Bath & Beyond can sell Amicos even though it'll never come out at this point!!! 

www.circuitcity.com

www.wards.com

Edited by Pink
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mr_me said:

Early on Tommy did say it would come with all the retro games included. Guido didn't provide any facts. It is wishful thinking. Their actions don't match their words which has been a continual issue for the company. They can say it isn't a retro console, but that is how they marketed it and even mentioned marketing it to retro in their pitch deck.

Also it isn't a mischaracterization of you. I asked you point blank if you approve of people/your friends exploiting my child's pictures. You didn't say no. So you approve of it. You get upset at people making fun of a console but approve of exploiting pictures of kids to get people to not make fun of a console. That means you approve of child exploitation. Simple as that. Your inability to say you disapprove of children's pictures being used against someone is why you have been labeled that. That's your own fault.

9 hours ago, Mik's Arcade said:

I would still like to see it come out, but it's very unlikely. Without it coming out you will now have people saying how it would have beat the Switch, Xbox, etc if only not for Covid or some other excuse. They will ignore that other products came out, and will ignore that it wasn't a good enough idea to be saved by an investor.

Now we will see, "Amico would have outsold the Switch if it had released" threads. 

6 hours ago, Rev said:

Sadly it wont be over until it either releases or company files bankruptcy. Even then it wont be over!  The Amico has become more than a machine, it became about a man. 

That guy made it about himself. He said he knew better than everyone. He was right when he said he should have hired @SegaSnatcher. The only thing he proved he knew how to do was run his mouth as much as he ran his product into the dirt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rev said:

I'm at least hoping the games can be released on other systems.  They had quite a lot of titles I wanted to play

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mik's Arcade said:

I'm at least hoping the games can be released on other systems.  They had quite a lot of titles I wanted to play

They had two I was interested in.  The rest of it was low quality mobile games level crap.  
From my understanding they never had "quite a lot of titles."  Maybe 5 or 6 (being generous) were anything more than a tech demo. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Last I checked the company hasn't gone bankrupt so there isn't reason for them to not refund. That is why it would be mordant for people to report them now before they do file for bankruptcy. There will be even less reason for them to give refunds after they file.

Screenshot_20230106_124523_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4b1bded43f0f4788a3e8121da7fa224f.jpg

Here is a quick link for anyone wanting to do so. https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/1126-1000099037

Wow, that grade is way too generous! 🤡

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Early on Tommy did say it would come with all the retro games included. Guido didn't provide any facts. It is wishful thinking. Their actions don't match their words which has been a continual issue for the company. They can say it isn't a retro console, but that is how they marketed it and even mentioned marketing it to retro in their pitch deck.

When the system was introduced as a family console in 2018 there was no mention of it including any of the old games, some reimagined games yes.  Retro gamers of course asked about the old classics, because that's what they're interested in.  The response was that they'd simply be included, which was later changed to not being available until after the system is established in the market.

Guido mentioned facts nonspecifically, so any fact supporting what he is saying is one of those facts.  And I understand that the reimagined games can be considered retro but it's not what people think of.  Any video game system can have emulated retro games, so eventually having these games in its library wouldn't necessarily make it a retro console either.

They can market a family gaming system to retro gamers because they also have family and friends who likely don't want to play the old games with them.  And some retro gamers might be interested in the reimagined classics as well because of the retro themes even if they aren't the classic games they remember.  It could be that the system fails with the intended market of families and casual gamers, but that wouldn't make it a retro console either.

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Also it isn't a mis...

More false accusations, the logic is ridiculous.  Saying it's a false accusation does answer the question, it means the statement is wrong.  In addition, it was already said that I don't know those people or communicate with them, yet it's intentionally repeated.  There's little I can do to stop this harassment, engaging often makes it worse. People can ridicule the system all they want, if people behave poorly in public and choose to show themselves to the world that way, that's their problem.

10 hours ago, Rev said:

Do you have time to define scam, pretty please?  

I did comment with things that might get the company in trouble but you weren't paying attention.  Either way, there's no need to repeatedly harass with the same question over and over again.

Edited by mr_me

5 hours ago, Pink said:

If they do end up liquidating for good and closing every store down permanently, maybe someone will buy the name and continue to operate a website like what happened with Circuit City when they went under and also Montgomery Ward. So there is still hope that Bed Bath & Beyond can sell Amicos even though it'll never come out at this point!!! 

www.circuitcity.com

www.wards.com

Maybe they just decide to sell off the Amico shells so they can re-invent themselves and go for the older crowd... BED PANS AND BEYOND!!! 🤣

image.jpeg.6e6afa7815244bec54d3f2c3744998b8.jpeg

That kind of looks like the Amico with the "top down!" See Tommy's influence really came from his Ferrari! 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mik's Arcade said:

Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain are allegedly getting released on at least Nintendo Switch by Limited Run Games by the developer. 

• Like 4