IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

The only reason people were confused about the system is because their actions didn't match what they were saying. Even in their statement of facts they admit their primary focus was retro.

Now that you posted that, I do remember verifying on the website that they were releasing the the classic games before I sent the $100.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Good ol Slopes, the guy who's main focus is scammers but refused to take responsibility for his starstruck Tommy commercial. 

Yeah, it isn't like there were signs when talking to him that Tommy was full of crap....

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx5_LLiac7AizVzfoHhqQvRjCFUFcKsoe9

For a guy that was all ASK ME HARD QUESTIONS DEBATE ME! He sure got flustered by easy ones that weren't a part of his script.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Yeah, it isn't like there were signs when talking to him that Tommy was full of crap....

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx5_LLiac7AizVzfoHhqQvRjCFUFcKsoe9

For a guy that was all ASK ME HARD QUESTIONS DEBATE ME! He sure got flustered by easy ones that weren't a part of his script.

He's in such fanboy mode he makes it very clear, Im not asking this, please don't be mad at me, but "people in the chat are asking"

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

EWJ footage not a real game per Doug.

The EWJ “gameplay footage” was always fake. It had static/stationary backgrounds with a little animated Jim running.   Nothing about it looked like it was running on an Amico and being controlled with a controller.   EWJ was a con job to snag extra preorders. 

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I will have to respectfully disagree on these two points.   

I wouldn't call Tommy's behavior as "passionate" in a way that was actually positive.  He was mosly just b.s.'n people and making exaggerating claims to hype up INTV fans. It was just disingenuous behavior on his part and I smelled it a mile away.  He thought his name meant more than it really is and that by sheer will alone he could make the Amico successful.  

I also don't believe the Amico was a decent idea/product.  It felt like they were going backwards in the worst way possible.  Making all these arbitrarily restrictions and acting like it is a positive thing.  No online play, no physical face buttons or proper D-Pad on the controller, E10 rating limit, etc..   

The idea was poorly conceived and the person in charge of this project got in way over his head.   I will repeat what I said years ago that for whatever reason upset him. "Just because he found success creating music for video games, does not mean he has any idea how to release an actual console."   Time has shown who was correct. 

It certainly wasn’t much of a “secret” then or now, Tommy Tallarico had no business acumen.

You possessed a great amount of healthy skepticism and rational thinking.

Funny that enraged him….

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

He's in such fanboy mode he makes it very clear, Im not asking this, please don't be mad at me, but "people in the chat are asking"

I think he used the verbage, haters, at one point too. Total lack of looking into anything in favor of peeing pants with excitement.

6 minutes ago, Pink said:

7mbsejpkaoba1.png

Oh okay

Alrighty then... 

🤡🤡🤡

You would think when testing a product for QA you'd want extensive notes of what you did and for how long.

I still think that was a more elaborate way to make them shut up. Also Amico Forever is a stream in which you can talk about Amico never. :P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rev said:

The EWJ “gameplay footage” was always fake. It had static/stationary backgrounds with a little animated Jim running.   Nothing about it looked like it was running on an Amico and being controlled with a controller.   EWJ was a con job to snag extra preorders. 

I don't remember them saying it was gameplay. I understood it to be a test animation. Why couldn't the test animation be running on a game engine like Unity. Other than some preliminary design, they said low level development wouldn't even start until after the system releases.  That's why the guy in the video said it's not reflective of what the game would be. It would be unfortunate if people preordered the system for this game because, even if the system came out they would have waited a while after that for this game. 

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

I don't remember them saying it was gameplay.

Well looks like @MrBeefy just debunked you 😂

Anyways the original video if anyone is interested who hasn't already seen it. The one that Tommy/Intellivison uploaded to YouTube appears to be gone but fortunately others have reuploaded it as well and those are still up.

The original Earthworm Jim's didn't even sell a million copies on either the Sega Genesis or SNES (Although they very well of may sold over a million combined between both platforms) Don't get me wrong, it was definitely quite successful and spawned a cartoon and numerous other crap at the time, but it was no Donkey Kong Country, Mario, Sonic, etc.

And now over 2 decades later this was supposed to be one of the big heavy hitting, system selling Amico games that'll appeal to the 3 billion casual gamers in the world...?

Edited by Pink
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Screenshot_20230113_103014_Facebook.thumb.jpg.bbe5bd593a21330d58e3ff41c33554e7.jpg

Where did Jim's head go? :P

Screenshot_20230113_103713_Facebook.thumb.jpg.527478664f71c9b48df4462eac0af233.jpg

That's not the game... but that's gameplay? Just can't help himself.

Yep, it was basically a cartoon animation from the looks of it.  

Too bad, it would of been a nice game and system seller, unless it was just a family shovelware party game and not a 2d platformer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pink said:

Well looks like @MrBeefy just debunked you 😂

Anyways the original video if anyone is interested who hasn't already seen it. The one that Tommy/Intellivison uploaded to YouTube appears to be gone but fortunately others have reuploaded it as well and those are still up.

The original Earthworm Jim's didn't even sell a million copies on either the Sega Genesis or SNES (Although they very well of may sold over a million combined between both platforms) Don't get me wrong, it was definitely quite successful and spawned a cartoon and numerous other crap at the time, but it was no Donkey Kong Country, Mario, Sonic, etc.

And now over 2 decades later this was supposed to be one of the big heavy hitting, system selling Amico games that'll appeal to the 3 billion casual gamers in the world...?

That's fine. If that was a youtube comment I surely didn't see it.  Still, it could be a controllable character in the Unity game engine, e.g. a test animation. But as the guy in the video said that's a long way away from a playable level and not reflective of any game design.

Licenses do help sell product but that impact is limited to each license's reach and most likely proportional to its cost.  They never had the money to spend on huge licenses.  Don't remember them referring to earthworm jim as a heavy hitting system seller either.  Fans of the original games may have.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

That's fine. If that was a youtube comment I surely didn't see it.  Still, it could be a controllable character in the Unity game engine, e.g. a test animation. But as the guy in the video said that's a long way away from a playable level and not reflective of any game design.

Licenses do help sell product but that impact is limited to each license's reach and most likely proportional to its cost.  They never had the money to spend on huge licenses.  Don't remember them referring to earthworm jim as a heavy hitting system seller either.  Fans of the original games may have.

What Amico titles in your opinion are heavy system sellers?

Didnt have the money for licenses?  Guess they spent too much of the 17 million crowdfunded money on furniture eh?

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Rev said:

What Amico titles in your opinion are heavy system sellers?

Roblox. 

Don't even give me that crap about how it's not gonna be on the system.  Ask Tommy and he'll tell ya that <Roblox creator here> is a dear, personal friend of his and they worked hand in hand to build Roblox around the "oof" sound and they're currently in talks to make it happen.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

Just stop.  You were wrong.  It's was never presented as a "test animation" whatever that is. Just admit you got it wrong and move on for once.  You're arguing in bad faith and it's getting old.  Also, let's not pretend that they didn't push the announcement of Earthworm Jim to lots of media outlets.  In fact, it's the only game announcement they made that was widely covered by the gaming media and non-gaming media alike.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bojay1997 said:

Just stop.  You were wrong.  It's was never presented as a "test animation" whatever that is. Just admit you got it wrong and move on for once.  You're arguing in bad faith and it's getting old.  Also, let's not pretend that they didn't push the announcement of Earthworm Jim to lots of media outlets.  In fact, it's the only game announcement they made that was widely covered by the gaming media and non-gaming media alike.    

You can say anything you want if it starts with “I dont remember”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

Roblox. 

Don't even give me that crap about how it's not gonna be on the system.  Ask Tommy and he'll tell ya that <Roblox creator here> is a dear, personal friend of his and they worked hand in hand to build Roblox around the "oof" sound and they're currently in talks to make it happen.

I dont remember them NOT saying it wouldnt be on Amico.  So Roblox confirmed!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, bojay1997 said:

I’m gonna guess Mr Me would never admit he was wrong with anything Amico related. 

Mr Beefy showed the proof, Tom said it was gameplay and all he can say is “I don’t remember” Coming from a man who knows the excruciating details of this sordid project, he’s not interested in confirming Tommy is a liar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2