IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

7 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

The perfect face for any Amico talk (and anything that comes out of Tommy's mouth)

P2Fc7Ua.gif

That must be from whenever he stuck the controller down his pants for the vibration from playing Missile Command.    At least I think that's what he said he played when he sticks the controller down his pants.  Can't really remember.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

That must be from whenever he stuck the controller down his pants for the vibration from playing Missile Command.    At least I think that's what he said he played when he sticks the controller down his pants.  Can't really remember.

I don't think Tommy knows much about optics. That was worse than him grabbing his moobies when talking to Saggy. Hey kid you know about Custers Revenge right? 😬

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Which engineers are you talking about? I’ve never mentioned names but I will say I’m not including Allard because he wasn’t involved (another lie). Who, specifically, came out on a public forum and spoke provable truths which have been independently verified? Because if you’d like I could name those who did the opposite of that.

There are the two electrical/electronics engineers that talked about passing rf emissions testing in their office lunch video from July 2021 (you'll see them just before halfway through the video).  The third would be a firmware engineer answering questions on reddit in 2022, reddit link a few pages back.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

There are the two electrical/electronics engineers that talked about passing rf emissions testing in their office lunch video from July 2021 (you'll see them just before halfway through the video).  The third would be a firmware engineer answering questions on reddit in 2022, reddit link a few pages back.

So how many Nigerian princes are you friends with… 5? 6?

• Haha 6

15 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

On 3/28/2023 at 5:32 AM, mr_me said:

The only thing I'm disappointed in is the behaviour of a few Atariage users.

It's pretty funny & real telling as to what your stance is on this entire thing if you've never once been disappointed in Tommy's behavior at any point in time throughout this entire saga.

Edited by Pink
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

So how many Nigerian princes are you friends with… 5? 6?

I'm not the one who brought the engineer's comments on reddit to this conversation.  I learned about him here.  Some suggested he's contradicting the other engineers.  I'm saying he's not.  They are all saying they passed fcc related tests and they are all saying they had not gotten certification.  Whether you believe what they are saying is another matter.

2 hours ago, Pink said:

It's pretty funny & real telling as to what your stance is on this entire thing if you've never once been disappointed in Tommy's behavior at any point in time throughout this entire saga.

It's not.  That's because that comment was in response to someone suggesting I was disappointed with the system not releasing.  Applying it to everything else including the former CEO who has been silent for a very long time is taking it out of context.

Let's guess Phil's "update"...

"We have spent the last few months testing the consoles and are now at a point where we are ready for the next step. I am now working on a production solution and will be making a further update in the next few weeks."

Then at some point at the end of the year someone will remind him that he's not said anything for six months and we'll loop back round again.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

They are all saying they passed fcc related tests and they are all saying they had not gotten certification.  Whether you believe what they are saying is another matter.

HOLY SHIT THAT’S WHAT I’VE BEEN SAYING FOR TWO GODDAMN YEARS! THEY ALL LIED. THEY CONTINUE TO LIE. 

The fact that you use that lunch tour video as proof of anything other then hubris and sycophancy is baffling. 

Play me out, Lahey…

image.gif.c11cc79853b75b7c7993512238a57ca6.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

"We have spent the last few months testing the consoles and are now at a point where we are ready for the next step. I am now working on a production solution and will be making a further update in the next few weeks."

Then at some point at the end of the year someone will remind him that he's not said anything for six months and we'll loop back round again.

Well at this point in time and money they've spent, they should have been able to accidently make something. It's ridiculous that they haven't made anything yet. $17 million and they can't crap out a basic android board? Come on. I mean that speaks to the sheer amount of ineptitude/mismanagement if they don't. They did really Tallarico the project up. So maybe there isn't any coming back from that?

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

HOLY SHIT THAT’S WHAT I’VE BEEN SAYING FOR TWO GODDAMN YEARS! THEY ALL LIED. THEY CONTINUE TO LIE. 

The fact that you use that lunch tour video as proof of anything other then hubris and sycophancy is baffling. 

Play me out, Lahey…

Psst... but the engineer said they passed... so your opinion on the fact they have no FCC certs is questionable. Have you heard about you lord and savior of footbath gaming called Amico? When you accept it as the glorious return of Intellivision you can abandon all reasonable thought and enjoy a nice game of Farkle. That will be $100. Don't worry I will keep it safe and you can get it back anytime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Screenshot_20230425_182239_Discord.thumb.jpg.b5b689aef8ef7bb3a5aec34aba4f5f63.jpg

Can someone pinpoint where within this timeline of past statements the above would most closely fall under? Because the two statements we've seen this month seem more closely aligned to the ones from April 2020 than they do to the announcements from 2022. 😕

April 2020: As of today... April 6, 2020 we are still on track to launch a limited number by 10.10.2020. Our "tooling" phase has already started... The machine’s like 98% done hardware-wise. We can go into tooling automatically because the shape and form is 100% done, but there are a few [small] hardware things or firmware stuff. But it’s the components that screws us.

February 2021: The company is built. The product is built. The games are being built. We have the manufacturing ready to go. The money in place for manufacturing. The retailers, the purchase orders, the pre-orders. The rocket ship is built, folks, and we are on the launch pad headed for the stars. we just need a little more fuel to get there.

November 2021: The entire team at Intellivision is excited to announce that we've completed our pre-production and started our formal production of Amico consoles - we are focusing on our initial launch units that will ship to our first customers as soon as possible.

February 2022: The hardware is ready to go, ready to ship. 100% complete. Around 15 games finished.

March 2022: We are in negotiations with potential investors/acquirers...I hope you enjoy this “Unboxing” video of John Alvarado and friends revealing Amico’s finished packaging and highlighting some unique features of Amico controllers and games. 

June 2022: We have begun a test production run of Amico that includes every aspect of the product including packaging...These units should be completed in the next few weeks.

August 2022: The error manifested on the next reboot in a way that looked like a controller bug.  With that resolved, the path is clear to finish the pilot run in the next few weeks.

January 2023: I hope to update public but tests of final hardware have gone well. Once we have a production solution I will make an announcement.

April 2023: We have been working on finishing the console, firmware and content...we have not abandoned the company or project, just limited on the number of people working on the project. I plan to come out with a more complete updated after current round of discussions and release some video showing where we stand.

April 2023: I and a small team of engineers worked all last year to produce the pilot units and are continuing to work with internal and external testers to improve the games and the system.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, MattPilz said:

Can someone pinpoint where within this timeline of past statements the above would most closely fall under? Because the two statements we've seen this month seem more closely aligned to the ones from April 2020 than they do to the announcements from 2022. 😕

April 2020: As of today... April 6, 2020 we are still on track to launch a limited number by 10.10.2020. Our "tooling" phase has already started... The machine’s like 98% done hardware-wise. We can go into tooling automatically because the shape and form is 100% done, but there are a few [small] hardware things or firmware stuff. But it’s the components that screws us.

February 2021: The company is built. The product is built. The games are being built. We have the manufacturing ready to go. The money in place for manufacturing. The retailers, the purchase orders, the pre-orders. The rocket ship is built, folks, and we are on the launch pad headed for the stars. we just need a little more fuel to get there.

November 2021: The entire team at Intellivision is excited to announce that we've completed our pre-production and started our formal production of Amico consoles - we are focusing on our initial launch units that will ship to our first customers as soon as possible.

February 2022: The hardware is ready to go, ready to ship. 100% complete. Around 15 games finished.

March 2022: We are in negotiations with potential investors/acquirers...I hope you enjoy this “Unboxing” video of John Alvarado and friends revealing Amico’s finished packaging and highlighting some unique features of Amico controllers and games. 

June 2022: We have begun a test production run of Amico that includes every aspect of the product including packaging...These units should be completed in the next few weeks.

August 2022: The error manifested on the next reboot in a way that looked like a controller bug.  With that resolved, the path is clear to finish the pilot run in the next few weeks.

January 2023: I hope to update public but tests of final hardware have gone well. Once we have a production solution I will make an announcement.

April 2023: We have been working on finishing the console, firmware and content...we have not abandoned the company or project, just limited on the number of people working on the project. I plan to come out with a more complete updated after current round of discussions and release some video showing where we stand.

April 2023: I and a small team of engineers worked all last year to produce the pilot units and are continuing to work with internal and external testers to improve the games and the system.

It's almost like they say they are done. Then walk it back when it's time to produce. Thus giving them room to "finalize this product". Then they walk it back up to its ready. Until it is time to make them at which point they walk it back. It has been effective at hooking idiots. I mean did you read how some people didn't have the capacity to understand what being on the launchpad meant?

Then you got the school of truly lost where they say something therefore it is so. So they've been making consoles since November 2021. They've been holding out on those FCC certs they've talked about to surprise us at the last minute.

You could ask @kevtristo translate. Or you can ask mr_me who is fluent in Amicrapese of non-knowing.

Now, on a slightly serious note. I did here a rumor that there might actually be a legit announcement soon. Now that being said, even the source of that rumor thinks its just as possible that they are kicking the can yet again. Personally I see no reason to believe it until I see it. They've proven themselves to be non-starters.

Like I said earlier, they should have been able to get something out. I really hope they release it soon. I want to see them reach that demographic they want who doesn't know about them. Maybe they can have one non-bs moment and actually do something.

We could all start guessing what the announcement would be.

"We have been hard at work securing everything we need for manufacturing. During QA testing we found a bug in the firmware that caused a delay in manufacturing. We are currently working on a few deals that will bring in revenue to help secure lines at the manufacturer. No one wants this to happen more than us here at IE. We can't wait to get Amicos into everyone's household to bring people together again!" - Phil

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

The video of people talking can be used as evidence of what they said.  It's so people can see what they said without interpretation.  In this case it's to show that the engineer answering questions the following year doesn't contradict what those engineers said, and that they didn't say they have certifications as some are suggesting. It's not evidence that what they are saying is true.  It was also referenced because you asked who these engineers are.

11 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Play me out, Lahey…

The Best of Phil Collins - Video

"I got my boys, I got my Amico money, I need a BAM!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

He will say enough to make the Amicolytes think there might still be a possibility it will release.  There will be a lot of "We are working hard" and "In Talks" thrown in, but we all know its just more kicking the can down the road. 

Edited by SegaSnatcher
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SegaSnatcher said:

He will say enough to make the Amicolytes think there might still be a possibility it will release.  There will be a lot of "We are working hard" and "In Talks" thrown in, but we all know its just more kicking the can down the road. 

I think this is the most likely outcome, but I do wish they'd get off their butts and make and deliver them. I want to watch my wife abandon the Switch in favor of Amico.

That way I could get more playing time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, MattPilz said:

Mr_Me, since your position is everything these guys said is true and should be considered gospel (since you use their statements to make your points) please explain to me how all of these official statements can be true at the same time.

• Thanks 1