IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

4 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Yeah I've seen some of his articles and reviews in the past. Not bad for a 12 year old writing on his blog after a long day at school, but for a grown adult who boasts about his journalism and criticizes others... well I don't want to be negative so I won't say anything 🤭

This is the Amico Fun Times Threa. PLEASE LEAVE!

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

This was posted a few hours ago (I first saw it on the Reddit thread):

It seems to imply that now BBG now owns all of the (remaining) rights to the Intellivision catalog and will be coming out with some type of FPGA-based system.

Despicable Me Lol GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

It seems to imply that now BBG now owns all of the (remaining) rights to the Intellivision catalog and will be coming out with some type of FPGA-based system.

image.gif.b2d292b28fd5e589e131368823a51b00.gif

But wait! Mr_Me will tell us why this was always the plan, and Creamhoven hasn’t blamed us yet. This can’t be the end!

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Matt_B said:

I have my doubts. It's not like these people occupy the same reality as the rest of us.

Still, if there is to be an FPGA Intellivision, I'd reckon that Analogue should be the ones to do the engineering for it.

William's been talking about an fpga Intellivision for a while. We don't know what BBG Entertainment thinks about it let alone putting money in to it.  (And there already is an fpga Intellivision in the Mister fpga.)

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

It will be very amusing to see a different INTV console released that isn't the Amico nor by the current Intellivision namesake owner(s).

The Amico would have been a console by a company named Intellivision but it wouldn't have been an Intellivision console as being discussed here.  It didn't need any Intellivision IP.

Edited by mr_me
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

When will people learn to stop announcing stuff so early? It's like this guy didn't learn a damn thing after watching the Amico trainwreck for the last 5 yrs. 

Already off to a bad start.  I swear it is like the INTV brand is cursed at this point. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

When will people learn to stop announcing stuff so early? It's like this guy didn't learn a damn thing after watching the Amico trainwreck for the last 5 yrs. 

Already off to a bad start.  I swear it is like the INTV brand is cursed at this point. 

Early or not, I will watch and see if it materializes. 

I will be “on board” up to the point of a pre-order or crowdfunding. 

Never again! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

William's been talking about an fpga Intellivision for a while. We don't know what BBG Entertainment thinks about it let alone putting money in to it.  (And there already is an fpga Intellivision in the Mister fpga.)

The Amico would have been a console by a company named Intellivision but it wouldn't have been an Intellivision console as being discussed here.  It didn't need any Intellivision IP.

Yes! I knew it.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Rev said:

Early or not, I will watch and see if it materializes. 

I will be “on board” up to the point of a pre-order or crowdfunding. 

Never again! 

I'm already getting huge Mike Kennedy vibes from this guy, just waiting for him to announce his "highly skilled" lead designer who posts a video of them awkwardly trying to demonstrate their "expertise" in hardware design. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Absolutely. That video would make sense if the guy was from BBG at least, but it's just wishful thinking all over again.

That being said, I can understand that Intellivision fans would be interested in an FPGA clone (that reads carts). After all, the original systems are getting old. But I think it's too soon; the technology is still quite expensive (and yet incredibly cheap compared to professional FPGA stuff). I enjoy what Analogue is doing but it's far from being a mainstream company like Nvidia or something. We won't see the FPGA equivalent of Atari Flashbacks until a few years, imho.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Absolutely. That video would make sense if the guy was from BBG at least, but it's just wishful thinking all over again.

That being said, I can understand that Intellivision fans would be interested in an FPGA clone (that reads carts). After all, the original systems are getting old. But I think it's too soon; the technology is still quite expensive (and yet incredibly cheap compared to professional FPGA stuff). I enjoy what Analogue is doing but it's far from being a mainstream company like Nvidia or something. We won't see the FPGA equivalent of Atari Flashbacks until a few years, imho.

Yeah, there are Intellivision cores for pretty much every FPGA device out there. I've seen them in action on the Spectrum Next and Analogue Pocket for a couple more examples. They just work by injecting the games into RAM and mimicking the inputs though, which only goes so far on devices designed to recreate a particular subset of computers or handhelds that are very different to the Intellivision itself.

Something that reads cards and interfaces with existing peripherals certainly needs a lot more work to get into production. Analogue probably could do it, but someone would need to make it worth their while. There are plenty more consoles that sold in the tens of millions that I'd suspect that they'd otherwise be inclined to do first.

From anyone else though, I'd remain skeptical at least until a prototype is demonstrated to knowledgeable and impartial observers.

13 hours ago, mr_me said:

YES!!  Thank you.......you never fail to disappoint with your nonsensical blabber!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I'm already getting huge Mike Kennedy vibes from this guy, just waiting for him to announce his "highly skilled" lead designer who posts a video of them awkwardly trying to demonstrate their "expertise" in hardware design. 

I wouldn't trust Slick Willy any further than I can throw him.  There are many reasons for this that I won't go into here because I know Elektronite has plenty of fans here, but in this classic Intellivision fan's opinion he's a scumbag. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Matt_B said:

Yeah, there are Intellivision cores for pretty much every FPGA device out there. I've seen them in action on the Spectrum Next and Analogue Pocket for a couple more examples. They just work by injecting the games into RAM and mimicking the inputs though, which only goes so far on devices designed to recreate a particular subset of computers or handhelds that are very different to the Intellivision itself.

Something that reads cards and interfaces with existing peripherals certainly needs a lot more work to get into production. Analogue probably could do it, but someone would need to make it worth their while. There are plenty more consoles that sold in the tens of millions that I'd suspect that they'd otherwise be inclined to do first.

From anyone else though, I'd remain skeptical at least until a prototype is demonstrated to knowledgeable and impartial observers.

The Spectrum Next Intellivision fpga is a port of the Mister Intellivision fpga.  These guys could do the same.  The Intellivision fpga on Analogue systems is proprietary.  If the fpga is running at the frequency of an Intellivision than supporting a cartridge interface is a matter of connecting the io pins in fpga.  That requires less fpga space, and less support system programming than emulating the cartridge in fpga, which they are doing anyway to support rom files.  

Edited by mr_me
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

Is it over yet? :lol:

Well it's basically been over since late 2019-early 2020. BUT Phil has yet to say anything. My guess is he and his friends didn't want people to know they sold, and had an influx of money.

That way they could pay themselves, and maybe pay some loans off without people requesting refunds.

3 hours ago, Matt_B said:

Wouldn't the simpler solution be to design a USB controller and use existing FPGA?

This announcement seems way ahead of itself. They at least aren't asking for money upfront yet or anything. I think it's healthy to remain skeptical of these types of projects.

Considering it sounds like they don't have much figured out in the way of development, I doubt it goes anywhere.

Maybe they can ask @kevtris for help! 🤣

• Haha 1

The YouTube channel issued a clarification. Basically, he misspoke about who owns what, etc. It's nothing new in terms of ownership or usage of the games from what we knew previously. Basically, BBG just has rights and partial ownership, not full ownership. However, there's more talk of the plug and play and FPGA consoles, which are moving forward (I started the video at that point):

And of course the previous Intellivision III talk was also not clear, as it of course would not automatically upgrade a game's audio-visuals without it being programmed for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

5 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

The YouTube channel issued a clarification. Basically, he misspoke about who owns what, etc. It's nothing new in terms of ownership or usage of the games from what we knew previously. Basically, BBG just has rights and partial ownership, not full ownership. However, there's more talk of the plug and play and FPGA consoles, which are moving forward (I started the video at that point):

And of course the previous Intellivision III talk was also not clear, as it of course would not automatically upgrade a game's audio-visuals without it being programmed for it.

I appreciate your coverage of this Bill and letting us know about it.  However, as my wife always says, "ver para creer".  We will see what happens, but until something tangible is produced that you can legitimately order and/or has been reviewed in some (reasonably professional) manner then I think we can chalk it up to being other Intellivision-related vaporware product(s) until proven wrong.

• Like 4