IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

12 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

Will that arrive before or after Super Bomberman R2? 😄

I can't wait for the cross platform play with the exception of Amico. Because their exclusive features is by not having features.

Or games...

Or a console.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I think Tommy and them have a chance to beat Switch since it plateaued.

See... you just keep proving him right.  In that video, he literally said it's NOT GOING TO SELL 102 MILLION.  And if these articles that keep popping up are to be believed, seems like it's definitely NOT 102 million.  

image.thumb.png.e972594fa79c52fc356b1aef998abbea.png

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I guess Tommy's ego is so big he counts himself as two people. 😏

Shame on you @Tommy Tallarico for destroying it. You also forgot to mention all the investors who you took food off the table from. Don't forget them.

Amen.  It is all-around shameful how Intellivision has a whole has been dragged through the mud because of this debacle.  Thank God Keith Robinson is no longer around to see this sh*t show.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hwlngmad said:

Amen.  It is all-around shameful how Intellivision has a whole has been dragged through the mud because of this debacle.  Thank God Keith Robinson is no longer around to see this sh*t show.

Just like with the calls for Nolan Bushnell to head up Atari again (something I haven't heard post Fred Chesnais, confirming to me that this latest version of Atari "gets it" well enough), it's unclear if Keith Robinson would have been the right choice to lead and/or make further decisions (although I have no reason to doubt his ethics versus the Amico regime). Because of the debt, SOMETHING drastic would have had to have been done with him here or not. History may have played out the same, with perhaps Robinson being a more amiable spokesperson of sorts to balance out the Tallarico bombasticness. At the very least, Robinson's genuine affection (i.e., with no other overriding motivation like "cashing out") for the IP is without question.

( and I know that's not what you were implying, but I think it's an important point to make)

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Just like with the calls for Nolan Bushnell to head up Atari again (something I haven't heard post Fred Chesnais, confirming to me that this latest version of Atari "gets it" well enough), it's unclear if Keith Robinson would have been the right choice to lead and/or make further decisions (although I have no reason to doubt his ethics versus the Amico regime). Because of the debt, SOMETHING drastic would have had to have been done with him here or not. History may have played out the same, with perhaps Robinson being a more amiable spokesperson of sorts to balance out the Tallarico bombasticness. At the very least, Robinson's genuine affection (i.e., with no other overriding motivation like "cashing out") for the IP is without question.

( and I know that's not what you were implying, but I think it's an important point to make)

I agree it is important point to make, but I appreciate you understand what I am implying as well.

• Like 1

For what it's worth,  these buyers of company names,  who then try to convince you that they were with them in the 80's...are often Bad News...

Nutari had the Chenais debacle...

NuColeco  had the Chris Cardillo @$$holery...UMmm management...

(Nu) Intellivision engaged in all manner of TommyFoolery...Ended up taking a big Tallarico...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I guess Tommy's ego is so big he counts himself as two people. 😏

Shame on you @Tommy Tallarico for destroying it. You also forgot to mention all the investors who you took food off the table from. Don't forget them.

Strange how Tommy seems to have no problem using young musicians for his VLG shows that he can get away with not paying. You'd think after all these rants Mr Moral Superiority would be sure to make sure everyone is paid fairly.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Why was Intellivision so in debt? They didn't get stuck with having to buy back their plug n plays or something did they? Was it Piko or someone suggesting they were $500,000 in debt before Tommy and the Tallamicos bought it?

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

He mentions "sixty families who work for Intellivision directly" though. Does that mean Intellivision used child labor??!? 😱

Well they...

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

No,  the adults over there just act like children!  :lolblue:

Aw man you beat me to it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Why was Intellivision so in debt? They didn't get stuck with having to buy back their plug n plays or something did they? Was it Piko or someone suggesting they were $500,000 in debt before Tommy and the Tallamicos bought it?

I don't know the details and it wouldn't be my place to discuss them if I did. I just can confirm knowledge of the general situation at the time. I can speculate that perhaps it was some past investment they made that didn't pay off, such as the Intellivision DS collection, and ongoing staff/retail space that couldn't be covered by revenue anymore leading to an increase in debt, but I honestly don't know. I do agree that $500k seems awfully high, but these things can definitely spiral.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I don't know the details and it wouldn't be my place to discuss them if I did. I just can confirm knowledge of the general situation at the time. I can speculate that perhaps it was some past investment they made that didn't pay off, such as the Intellivision DS collection, and ongoing staff/retail space that couldn't be covered by revenue anymore leading to an increase in debt, but I honestly don't know. I do agree that $500k seems awfully high, but these things can definitely spiral.

Good thing Tommy and them came by and got that $17 million stored up in their company piggy bank. It'd suck if they blew all their money and didn't refund people.