IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

2 hours ago, JPF997 said:

His 2600+ coverage seemed fair ? How about him completely forgetting that the system support's 7800 games (until of course it's time to bitch about the console not having a 7800 controller included in the box ), how  about coming up with conspiracy theories like assuming that every game currently marked as untested is secretly unplayable and that Atari is purposely not telling costumers that until it's to late, I could go on but hopefully you get the point, to say Pat's coverage is fair is a flat out lie and you know it.

You know what’s not fair? STEALING MONEY. Why do you care so much what a YouTuber is doing? You might not like him but he didn’t STEAL MONEY. Do you see the difference or are you waiting for your Lambo ride?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Albert said:

Agreed, I will probably create an Atari 2600+ forum, since there's already quite a bit of discussion about the console, and it's not even out yet.  I can't speak to the possible similarity between the hardware, since I have no knowledge of that at this time.

Agreed.

It feels nice and solid, the switches feel good (the metal switches even have the fine ribbing on them, which is a really nice detail), the controllers fit well into the controller jacks, and I love the lit up Atari logo when you power it on (similar to the VCS).  Could maybe use a bit more weight, but I'm used to how heavy regular 2600s are (and especially the "Heavy Sixers").  Feels a lot better than a 2600 Jr., though.  It's strange seeing a USB-C port on something that resembles a classic 2600 system.

..Al

Yeah if you are use to the old consoles anything is going to feel light and cheap. I love my Jr but it is quite light feeling.

I'd be more interested in the feel of the joystick or paddle controllers as opposed to the console.

2 hours ago, famicommander said:

What about the games they claim are tested working which they couldn't possibly have actually tested? The light gun-only 7800 games (not the ones that can use a joystick, the ones that only use the gun) are marked as working despite the fact that there aren't any HDMI displays that are compatible with a 7800 light gun. To me that calls into question the entire list. Are there other games marked tested that technically emulate correctly but can't be played due to the hardware limitations? Are all possible difficulty and b/w switch variations accounted for?

Can't at least one of them be played with joysticks? Or am I thinking of 2600 Sentinel?

A smart consumer should go in with the knowledge that untested games might not work. ESPECIALLY if some of those games are ones that are deal breakers for the person buying it. I guess I'm a little more forgiving on these type of products. I really think in some way people ought to be happy these things are getting made.

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Can you cite a single “lie” from CUPodcast about Intellivision Amico? 

I followed their coverage pretty closely and apart from some early misunderstandings about the unit price (which turned out to be true), their coverage seemed factual to me. It looks especially smart, almost prescient, in hindsight. 

Perhaps you were just not a fan of their personal style, or their opinions? 

My guess he struggles with differentiating between knowing when something is stated as fact vs opinion or gut instinct.

Actually Pat still got the price wrong. His initial mishap happens to be more generous and lower than what it became. 🤣 That was the one stupid thing these nuts hold onto, yet ignore how he quickly corrected it. They forgot that Pat also said if anyone could do it Tommy could! I don't hear them screaming LIES and MISINFORMATION over that.

Pat had an inside person, and that isn't surprising because people talk. Like I said before, I knew an employee who was chewed out for talking to people. Felt kind of bad for the guy. He had a terrible boss. 😅

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Can't at least one of them be played with joysticks? Or am I thinking of 2600 Sentinel?

A smart consumer should go in with the knowledge that untested games might not work. ESPECIALLY if some of those games are ones that are deal breakers for the person buying it. I guess I'm a little more forgiving on these type of products. I really think in some way people ought to be happy these things are getting made.

Again, there are some 7800 light gun games that work with joysticks (Crossbow and Alien Brigade) and some that only work with the lightgun. The problem is that all of them are marked as tested and working, when we know that's literally not possible. The ones that are light gun only (Barnyard, Sentinel, Meltdown) literally cannot function on an HDMI device. 

And no, we shouldn't just be happy these things are getting made. It's 2023. If the company wants to call itself "Atari" it shouldn't be too much to ask that it has the same compatibility with 2600 games as a 1977 Sunnyvale Sixer or even a 7800. We expect shoddy garbage from AtGames or Hyperkin or MyArcade but if Atari wants to market this as a real Atari device that comes with real Atari scrutiny. 

Edited by famicommander
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, famicommander said:

Again, there are some 7800 light gun games that work with joysticks (Crossbow and Alien Brigade) and some that only work with the lightgun. The problem is that all of them are marked as tested and working, when we know that's literally not possible. The ones that are light gun only (Barnyard, Sentinel, Meltdown) literally cannot function on an HDMI device. 

And no, we shouldn't just be happy these things are getting made. It's 2023. If the company wants to call itself "Atari" it shouldn't be too much to ask that it has the same compatibility with 2600 games as a 1977 Sunnyvale Sixer or even a 7800. We expect shoddy garbage from AtGames or Hyperkin or MyArcade but if Atari wants to market this as a real Atari device that comes with real Atari scrutiny. 

Lmao it's emulation with a cart dumper. People need to stop acting like this is some hardware recreation of the 2600 or 7800. The whole idea of carts with a product like this or Retron77 is dumb when you could have an SD card do the same thing.

Considering it's not FPGA. I'd rather it just distribute games digitally and sell them to me that way instead of trying to fool me that a more expensive cart is necessary.

Besides not all 2600s have the same compatibility anyways. :P

It just needs to play Astroblast and all will be right in the world. 

1 minute ago, MrBeefy said:

Lmao it's emulation with a cart dumper. People need to stop acting like this is some hardware recreation of the 2600 or 7800. The whole idea of carts with a product like this or Retron77 is dumb when you could have an SD card do the same thing.

But that's literally what the device is. And it doesn't do it as well as devices released 40 years ago.

So what's the point? If your argument is that people should just buy Atari 50 or one of the Atari collections on Evercade or simply download Stella on their PC or Steamdeck I'd probably be inclined to agree with you. But they're going through the effort of releasing a device that takes cartridges in 2023, so they might as well do it right. The kind of people who still have a stack of carts in 2023 are the kind of people who care that the compatibility isn't up to par. They sought out the enthusiast audience and then recoiled at enthusiast expectations.

• Like 4

A "hardware recreation" would be one that recreated the consoles at the logic level, most likely using an FPGA. When someone can do that well enough to work with one cartridge, it's going to work with pretty much all of them.

Whatever the 2600+ is, it's definitely not that, and the problems arise from trying to create a ROM dumper without an encyclopedic knowledge of bank switching schemes and an exhaustive collection of cartridges to test on.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JPF997 said:

Yup I probably shouldn't have brought up those two drama whores into this conversation, now I'm afraid some people might actually be thinking  that I'm defending Tommy Talarico of all people , I just wanted to vent about Pat's latest abortion of a video where he just goes after the 2600+  relentlessly like if it was as bad as a tiger handheld, not gonna lie i was basically thunderstruck the whole time I watched it.

why would you vent 1) about the 2600+ in an Amico thread and 2) about P&I in the first place?  What do you want us to say to you?

New to AA, but apparently not new to the drama.  Way to go!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, famicommander said:

They sought out the enthusiast audience and then recoiled at enthusiast expectations.

Perfectly said.

This "middle of the road" stuff is terrible.   The enthusiast is disappointed because they know how things should play and it offers little to nothing, and the newly introduced audience just comes away with a sour opinion of the entire gen of gaming thinking "these are awful... how'd you ever play this crap?"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, digdugnate said:

why would you vent 1) about the 2600+ in an Amico thread and 2) about P&I in the first place?  What do you want us to say to you?

New to AA, but apparently not new to the drama.  Way to go!

No, see, TT explained this… it was all Pat and Ian’s fault. Once this guy can convince us that they are terrible people (he should’ve also made fun of Pat’s hair for full effect) then the Amico can be released and he’ll get his promised TT picnic. 

But instead, he had to ride the Lambo alone, and now Pat and Ian will destroy the Atari 2600+, just like they did the VCS(which released) or the Polymega (which released). 

Why can’t y’all just understand his righteous anger? 

Or maybe this is yet another shill following whatever weird posting schedule they have set up in their underground lair.

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Faux Lambo. Lambeaux? Probably a Pontiac Fiero with a skin. 

Whatever it is, the burden of proof is on @Tommy Tallarico if he wants to be thought of as anything but a fraud and a liar. 

https://tommytallarico.com

OMG- through it all, it NEVER occurred to me that his car was fake. That’s the best news I’ve heard today! For people who wonder why I’m still talking about this, here’s the reason: his entire life is one ridiculous lie. Brilliant. Has anyone told SmashJT yet? It’s like paying for a hooker with Chuck E Cheese coins. So good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I really REALLY have avoided commenting on almost all of this, but... there's this really strange trend in recent years that seems to be accelerating: 

1. Someone or some group (let's call them A) says a bunch of terrible things. Or obnoxious things. Or flat out lies. Or any combination of the above.

2. People (call them B) call A out on their BS/nonsense/bad behaviour.

3. A, and a bunch of A's defenders, go into histrionics about "free speech!".

4. Shortly thereafter - and often at the same time - A and A's defenders start complaining that B shouldn't even be saying these things in the first place.

Am I the only one that notices the irony? It astounds me how little this is ever mentioned. Free speech is either absolute or it isn't. If there's any claim to Tommy's posts here being "free speech", then literally everything Pat and Ian have ever said should and MUST be allowed, and hell, encouraged. Anything else is pure hypocrisy.

Sorry, but this supposed free speech absolutism from people who want to stifle other speech really grinds my gears. Free speech is not about protecting and encouraging things you agree with. It's about tolerating and accepting that which you do not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

52 minutes ago, freewheel said:

I really REALLY have avoided commenting on almost all of this, but... there's this really strange trend in recent years that seems to be accelerating: 

1. Someone or some group (let's call them A) says a bunch of terrible things. Or obnoxious things. Or flat out lies. Or any combination of the above.

2. People (call them B) call A out on their BS/nonsense/bad behaviour.

3. A, and a bunch of A's defenders, go into histrionics about "free speech!".

4. Shortly thereafter - and often at the same time - A and A's defenders start complaining that B shouldn't even be saying these things in the first place.

Am I the only one that notices the irony? It astounds me how little this is ever mentioned. Free speech is either absolute or it isn't. If there's any claim to Tommy's posts here being "free speech", then literally everything Pat and Ian have ever said should and MUST be allowed, and hell, encouraged. Anything else is pure hypocrisy.

Sorry, but this supposed free speech absolutism from people who want to stifle other speech really grinds my gears. Free speech is not about protecting and encouraging things you agree with. It's about tolerating and accepting that which you do not.

Yes! That’s why they always end up “othering” people… saying things like “this isn’t for you” or “you’re obviously not a TRUE gamer” etc. because then it becomes easier to be a hypocritical scumbag: it’s not hypocrisy if they aren’t part of the group anyways. I think it’s why TT very quickly talked as if he was somehow in in charge of AA. He would often say things on other sites like “join us at AA, we’ve got a great group” or telling people they shouldn’t be posting in HIS forums.

It’s crazy to me that we still have random folks coming in, telling us to stop talking about this, then leaving again after not contributing in any other way to these forums.  Or like the latest shill, trying to get us to join up on a hater crusade, I guess. I’d love to know their motivation.

• Like 6

@jerseystyle the flip side of that is toxic positivity, trying to silence people by suggesting they're trying to tear down or destroy something beautiful, and that the Intellivision Amico/Fyre Festival/Tiger King Park are just trying to bring light to the world, and you must have a terribly sad life for not appreciating the vision. 

Only one side is actively trying to separate fools from their money, of course. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

@jerseystyle the flip side of that is toxic positivity, trying to silence people by suggesting they're trying to tear down or destroy something beautiful, and that the Intellivision Amico/Fyre Festival/Tiger King Park are just trying to bring light to the world, and you must have a terribly sad life for not appreciating the vision. 

Only one side is actively trying to separate fools from their money, of course. 

100%!

It’s so telling when people respond to criticism by attacking that person on a personal level. Like people making fun of Ian’s stutter, or comparing incomes. I was told by someone that I’m a lonely basement dweller and don’t even game… both of which are so untrue as to be laughable. They said this about me because I said that the VCS was not going to be competitive with the Switch. Good times :)

• Like 6

I remember something  I learned in college about conmen, cultists, and those who gaslight etc.,  whereby they talk fast,  and if some of their facts get by you before your brain has a chance to verify,  it may register as "true".  Now it's a lot easier (in this day and age) if it's saved on a video on the internet or if it's in written form, but I think of Tommy whenever I think of that...

It's like,  "Hey Professor!  I have an example!"

• Haha 4

Another thing a conman does is,  He will start with something true;  That way your brain begins to trust him,  even though he may follow with lies.  

Separately perhaps,  I remember Tommy would often act like his console was already out;  In his mind it was so close he could taste it,...Might as well will it into existence (all The Secret style),  You know,  Why not just pretend it's already out?...And the Amico Cultists would eat it up.  They'd be like "Take that,  Haters!  LMAO that you said it would never release!"  Oh man!   This is gonna be Great!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Yes! That’s why they always end up “othering” people… saying things like “this isn’t for you” or “you’re obviously not a TRUE gamer” etc. because then it becomes easier to be a hypocritical scumbag: it’s not hypocrisy if they aren’t part of the group anyways. I think it’s why TT very quickly talked as if he was somehow in in charge of AA. He would often say things on other sites like “join us at AA, we’ve got a great group” or telling people they shouldn’t be posting in HIS forums.

It’s crazy to me that we still have random folks coming in, telling us to stop talking about this, then leaving again after not contributing in any other way to these forums.  Or like the latest shill, trying to get us to join up on a hater crusade, I guess. I’d love to know their motivation.

He got royally pissed when I pointed out he was acting like he was representing AA with saying WE with his behavior. He tried a false equivalency to the taco thread. He acted like he ran the place. I just recognize I'm a goofy user and don't run the taco stand.

But I'm his target demographic and think little of the Intellivision name. So Not Asteroids doesn't excite me. SHUT HIM DOWN! 🤪

7 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

100%!

It’s so telling when people respond to criticism by attacking that person on a personal level. Like people making fun of Ian’s stutter, or comparing incomes. I was told by someone that I’m a lonely basement dweller and don’t even game… both of which are so untrue as to be laughable. They said this about me because I said that the VCS was not going to be competitive with the Switch. Good times :)

I got some of those, said I was a wife beater, scary that I work with kids, wanting to spread pictures of my kid, target my job, say my wife isn't real, etc 🙄. All because I wanted his little footbath to do well but didn't jump into the Kool Aid pool. I'd love to know what he was saying about me and others behind the scenes to jaybird3rd. I know they talked via PMs because jaybird3rd said as much.

The Amicolytes are still holding onto the cult mindset. A cool dude and channel, Lukes Awakening, stopped YT because some pro Amico people basically said we can't be friends with you because of people who hang around your chats and comment on videos. Basically those of us who were labeled as haters had no issue with him being a fan of Amico or having pro-Amico friends, while the Amicolytes can't separate that out. To them the vaporware console is more important than people.

It was a shame too because Luke didn't say bad crap about anyone. I hope he comes back regularly. Junior Beefy likes his Godzilla toys. 😂

3 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

All I wanted was to play some updated Imagic games….

You just have to wait a little longer. Almost ready!

3 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

All I got was comedy 

The only thing IE was good at was being one big joke.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 11:12 AM, Flojomojo said:

Faux Lambo. Lambeaux? Probably a Pontiac Fiero with a skin. 

Whatever it is, the burden of proof is on @Tommy Tallarico if he wants to be thought of as anything but a fraud and a liar. 

https://tommytallarico.com

Wait a minute...you don't think TT learned from one of Youtube's biggest scam artists?  Or was it the other way around?