IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

8 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

That’s an interesting take from someone who arrived here yesterday and decided to pay for a subscription. You say “exercise his free speech rights,” I say “exploited the goodwill of a community to enrich himself and his investment scam.” 

Most sites have rules about excessive self-promotion, because nobody wants to be confused between actual community discussion and advertisements. 

@Tommy Tallarico was given an excess of benefit of the doubt, when what would have been a lot more appropriate was “buyer beware.” 

You know how that story turned out, right? 

Of course I know how that story turned out, Tommy is a fraud and people lost they're money, but that's just it, that's one scam out of who knows how many successfull crowdfunding campaigns,  if it where up to Pat and Ian system's like the Polymega or indeed even  the VCS would never have been allowed  to go to crowdfunding and eventually be released, the moment any problem would arise during production they would immediately demand that the project's be shut down and they're creators be silenced from social media unable to defend themselves.

That seems like a straw man argument. I don’t think anyone ever implied Amico shouldn’t be allowed to try and break in.

My issue was with Tallarico’s nearly 8,000 posts where he made obviously false promises, insulted the intelligence of the entire community, and subverted the good intentions of a moderator team who should have noticed the warning signs long before action was taken. 

You’re new here, and most of Tallarico’s poison has been buried and hidden, so maybe you don’t have the full story. It was a very strange time. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

if it where up to Pat and Ian system's like the Polymega or indeed even  the VCS would never have been allowed  to go to crowdfunding and eventually be released, the moment any problem would arise during production they would immediately demand that the project's be shut down and they're creators be silenced from social media unable to defend themselves.

Eh, but it's not up to them, so we can file that notion under W for "Who Gives a Crap"

Or C if you're one of those "Crap, Who Gives a" type or organizers.

Either way, they're entitled to have and share their opinions, whether right or wrong.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

That seems like a straw man argument. I don’t think anyone ever implied Amico shouldn’t be allowed to try and break in.

My issue was with Tallarico’s nearly 8,000 posts where he made obviously false promises, insulted the intelligence of the entire community, and subverted the good intentions of a moderator team who should have noticed the warning signs long before action was taken. 

You’re new here, and most of Tallarico’s poison has been buried and hidden, so maybe you don’t have the full story. It was a very strange time. 

Long before I joining Atari age I remember watching Pat's videos where he constantly shit on this site just because the owner allowed Tommy to have a platform to speak on, at the time I kinda agreed with Pat  (because it was obvious that Tommy was a snake) but then seeing how Pat also went after the Polymega and the VCS I started to understand that he just hates underdogs in general, as long as mighty Nintendo is on top nothing else matters to him, if it we're up to him all crowdfunding would be viewed as a potential scam and be banned immediately, I mean just take a look at his most recent video shitting on the 2600+, the amount of lies and hate he spews towards a product that isn't even out yet is unbelievable.

13 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Eh, but it's not up to them, so we can file that notion under W for "Who Gives a Crap"

Or C if you're one of those "Crap, Who Gives a" type or organizers.

Either way, they're entitled to have and share their opinions, whether right or wrong.

Now I don't want anyone here to think I'm defending Tommy, I just believe people should generally be given a chance to prove themselves before being branded as a fraud ( which is something Pat and Ian love to accuse others of being most of the time without evidence to back it up ).

• Confused 3

18 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

you can't throw a rock without hitting a YouTuber that's looking for clicks from drama or being upset about something.  I wouldn't give it much credence.

Yup I probably shouldn't have brought up those two drama whores into this conversation, now I'm afraid some people might actually be thinking  that I'm defending Tommy Talarico of all people , I just wanted to vent about Pat's latest abortion of a video where he just goes after the 2600+  relentlessly like if it was as bad as a tiger handheld, not gonna lie i was basically thunderstruck the whole time I watched it.

41 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

Yup I probably shouldn't have brought up those two drama whores into this conversation, now I'm afraid some people might actually be thinking  that I'm defending Tommy Talarico of all people , I just wanted to vent about Pat's latest abortion of a video where he just goes after the 2600+  relentlessly like if it was as bad as a tiger handheld, not gonna lie i was basically thunderstruck the whole time I watched it.

Maybe… don’t watch it? Any real company or CEO wouldn’t care what random Youtubers say anyway. If a YouTuber can tank your company, it’s a shitty company. Did you come here just to vent about these dudes? Last I checked they didn’t steal money from people and travel the world while not paying it back.

Oh God I get it… are you about to steer us towards a “legitimate” crowd funded scam?

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Maybe… don’t watch it? Any real company or CEO wouldn’t care what random Youtubers say anyway. If a YouTuber can tank your company, it’s a shitty company. Did you come here just to vent about these dudes? Last I checked they didn’t steal money from people and travel the world while not paying it back.

Oh God I get it… are you about to steer us towards a “legitimate” crowd funded scam?

Okay I'm officially leaving this conversation before I'm accused of being something I'm not and/or be judged because of a dumb misunderstanding, have a nice day.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

Oh jeez 

please don’t suggest any association between me and SmashJT

I like NSG though. 😃

Do they call you SmashJT fans Smashed Taters or just Smashers?

4 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

Now I don't want anyone here to think I'm defending Tommy, I just believe people should generally be given a chance to prove themselves before being branded as a fraud ( which is something Pat and Ian love to accuse others of being most of the time without evidence to back it up ).

He was given a chance for years. 🙄 You would have enjoyed the Amico Fun Times thread.

2 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

The irony being that GIF was made by the guy Tommy called a snowflake. 🙂

:D

34 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

It's a shame that Tommy didn't listen to people telling him that two YouTubers wouldn't affect his console it of was any good.

Narrator: I wasn't any good, because it was never made. And even then highly unlikely.

26 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

Okay I'm officially leaving this conversation before I'm accused of being something I'm not and/or be judged because of a dumb misunderstanding, have a nice day.

Nah you don't go. Tommy asks you to PLEASE LEAVE my (Tommy) thread before I (Tommy) have you removed. You gaming racist! There I said it, you literal gaming racist. FREE SPEECH!!!!

:D

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

Dude you came in hot getting upset with random folks insulting TT… read the room. In other news, who do you think we are allowed to criticize?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, jerseystyle said:

Dude you came in hot getting upset with random folks insulting TT… read the room. In other news, who do you think we are allowed to criticize?

Huh no insulting Tommy was like the best thing Pat ever did in his career, everything else is pure mediocrity, I probably should have posted my frustrations with the CU podcast in some other place, placing it in the Amico topic section was a bad idea ( really just wanted to see what other people thought about his rant against the 2600+, that's all ).

Just now, JPF997 said:

Huh no insulting Tommy was like the best thing Pat ever did in his career, everything else is pure mediocrity, I probably should have posted my frustrations with the CU podcast in some other place, placing it in the Amico topic section was a bad idea ( really just wanted to see what other people thought about his rant against the 2600+, that's all ).

Pat would argue otherwise but from my experience, he simply does not like and takes any opportunity to crap on anything that came before the NES, he has had some really bad takes in the past, but I just find him obnoxious overall. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

I'm pretty sure he's a little dense. Missed something that was pretty obviously a joke and just assumed I was like older than dirt. But hey! Maybe he can burn an Ultimate NES guidebook like some Amicolyte burned a CUPodcast t-shirt as a effigy for their High lord and savior from gaming racism Tommy Tallarico.

Also, I'm pretty sure Pat likes the ColecoVision as I believe he owned one.

I get why people associate him with Nintendo fanboyism. To act like the entirety of the CUPodcast is anti-old stuff is flat wrong though, as Ian shows way more interest in that stuff.

I listened to his 2600+ coverage and it seemed fair. I see no reason why it won't be a fancier Retron77 at a more premium price.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I'm pretty sure he's a little dense. Missed something that was pretty obviously a joke and just assumed I was like older than dirt. But hey! Maybe he can burn an Ultimate NES guidebook like some Amicolyte burned a CUPodcast t-shirt as a effigy for their High lord and savior from gaming racism Tommy Tallarico.

Also, I'm pretty sure Pat likes the ColecoVision as I believe he owned one.

I get why people associate him with Nintendo fanboyism. To act like the entirety of the CUPodcast is anti-old stuff is flat wrong though, as Ian shows way more interest in that stuff.

I listened to his 2600+ coverage and it seemed fair. I see no reason why it won't be a fancier Retron77 at a more premium price.

His 2600+ coverage seemed fair ? How about him completely forgetting that the system support's 7800 games (until of course it's time to bitch about the console not having a 7800 controller included in the box ), how  about coming up with conspiracy theories like assuming that every game currently marked as untested is secretly unplayable and that Atari is purposely not telling costumers that until it's to late, I could go on but hopefully you get the point, to say Pat's coverage is fair is a flat out lie and you know it.

Just now, JPF997 said:

His 2600+ seemed fair ? How about completely forgetting that the system support's 7800 games ( until of course it's time to bitch about not having a 7800 controller included in the box ), how  about coming up with conspiracy theorie like assuming that every game currently marked as untested is secretly unplayable and that Atari is purposely not telling costumers that until it's to late, I could go on but hopefully you get the point, to say Pat's coverage is fair is a flat out lie and you know it.

I have tested many of the games that are marked as "Untested", and quite a few of them work.  

..Al

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Albert said:

I have tested many of the games that are marked as "Untested", and quite a few of them work.  

..Al

I just knew it would all turn out all right, thanks for confirming it Al, also it seems like I accidentally inserted myself in a conversation I wanted no part in ( here on the Amico sub ), rookie mistake, I'll try to be more careful about where I post my critiques next time.

1 minute ago, JPF997 said:

I just knew it would all turn out all right, thanks for confirming it Al, also it seems like I accidentally inserted myself in a conversation I wanted no part in ( here on the Amico sub ), rookie mistake, I'll try to be more careful about where I post my critiques next time.

To be fair, some of the games definitely don't work, but you certainly can't equate "Untested" as meaning "Won't work" based on my testing so far. 

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JPF997 said:

the amount of lies and hate he spews towards a product that isn't even out yet is unbelievable.

3 hours ago, JPF997 said:

Pat and Ian love to accuse others of being most of the time without evidence to back it up ).

2 hours ago, JPF997 said:

Can you cite a single “lie” from CUPodcast about Intellivision Amico? 

I followed their coverage pretty closely and apart from some early misunderstandings about the unit price (which turned out to be true), their coverage seemed factual to me. It looks especially smart, almost prescient, in hindsight. 

Perhaps you were just not a fan of their personal style, or their opinions? 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Albert said:

To be fair, some of the games definitely don't work, but you certainly can't equate "Untested" as meaning "Won't work" based on my testing so far. 

..Al

In another thread (which is probably a better place to discuss this), someone pointed out the overlap between 2600+ and Hyperkin Retron77 compatibility, implying they used similar SOCs and/or hardware. 

Filling in the holes in the compatibility list should go a long way towards satisfying the skeptics. 

Since we’re already off topic, do you have an opinion about the build quality of the 2600+? Will it feel a bit more premium than the Flashbacks, for example? The other minis since the NES Mini have raised expectations for quality. 

Just now, Flojomojo said:

In another thread (which is probably a better place to discuss this), someone pointed out the overlap between 2600+ and Hyperkin Retron77 compatibility, implying they used similar SOCs and/or hardware.

Agreed, I will probably create an Atari 2600+ forum, since there's already quite a bit of discussion about the console, and it's not even out yet.  I can't speak to the possible similarity between the hardware, since I have no knowledge of that at this time.

1 minute ago, Flojomojo said:

Filling in the holes in the compatibility list should go a long way towards satisfying the skeptics. 

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Since we’re already off topic, do you have an opinion about the build quality of the 2600+? Will it feel a bit more premium than the Flashbacks, for example? The other minis since the NES Mini have raised expectations for quality. 

It feels nice and solid, the switches feel good (the metal switches even have the fine ribbing on them, which is a really nice detail), the controllers fit well into the controller jacks, and I love the lit up Atari logo when you power it on (similar to the VCS).  Could maybe use a bit more weight, but I'm used to how heavy regular 2600s are (and especially the "Heavy Sixers").  Feels a lot better than a 2600 Jr., though.  It's strange seeing a USB-C port on something that resembles a classic 2600 system.

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, Albert said:

..Al

What about the games they claim are tested working which they couldn't possibly have actually tested? The light gun-only 7800 games (not the ones that can use a joystick, the ones that only use the gun) are marked as working despite the fact that there aren't any HDMI displays that are compatible with a 7800 light gun. To me that calls into question the entire list. Are there other games marked tested that technically emulate correctly but can't be played due to the hardware limitations? Are all possible difficulty and b/w switch variations accounted for?

Edited by famicommander
  • Like 2