IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

FWIW,

I think of it in this way.  Without the benefit of hindsight;  Really try to remember what it was like when Tommy first came on the scene.  (Up to that point),  We'd had the hobbyist everyman, trying but failing (and getting caught in lies) Mike Kennedy,  the Corporate D-Bag,  where the more you learn, the more you just hate the guy Fred Chesnais,  The fake wannabe celebrity begging,  "Please like me,  Please Please...I'm 'kinda' famous" No really I rap...(Lesser pseudo Kevin Federline) Chris Cardillo (PS:  "Buy my pirated GI Joe figures...Pleeeease!")...And then comes Tommy...

At first and compared to such company, he seemed reasonable.  He'd actually been in the industry and worked on popular games...And he had lots of answers...It wasn't until later when one analyzed what he was saying, and his background lies came into focus,  that we realized he was an everflowing wellspring of streaming crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

It goes to show you there are those with big, huge egos, bigger than the size of Cleveland*

The way TT had to have everything with his name with big letters on it..."Produced by TT;" "Music by TT" ; "Created by TT"

And the rest of those were credited in teeny-tiny, microscopic font that went so fast you had to slow the replay by 1000%.

*Tiny Toons Joke when Plucky Duck said his ego is the size of Cleveland.

That's the "font" equivalent to sitting on 2 stacked  chairs when playing a board game.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

FWIW,

I think of it in this way.  Without the benefit of hindsight;  Really try to remember what it was like when Tommy first came on the scene.  (Up to that point),  We'd had the hobbyist everyman, trying but failing (and getting caught in lies) Mike Kennedy,  the Corporate D-Bag,  where the more you learn, the more you just hate the guy Fred Chesnais,  The fake wannabe celebrity begging,  "Please like me,  Please Please...I'm 'kinda' famous" No really I rap...(Lesser pseudo Kevin Federline) Chris Cardillo (PS:  "Buy my pirated GI Joe figures...Pleeeease!")...And then comes Tommy...

At first and compared to such company, he seemed reasonable.  He'd actually been in the industry and worked on popular games...And he had lots of answers...It wasn't until later when one analyzed what he was saying, and his background lies came into focus,  that we realized he was an everflowing wellspring of streaming crap.

for me, though, i thought he started out with the whole sideshow carny mentality and trying to SELL stuff to folks without saying he was.  It became clear really quickly that he wanted to OWN that space and nothing but good stuff about him was going to be tolerated.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

The instant he started asking for money (which was pretty early on) was when he lost all credibility with me. 

I’m also highly suspicious of anyone who says they aren’t competing with the market leader, especially if what they’re offering is the same kind of thing, only worse. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

The instant he started asking for money (which was pretty early on) was when he lost all credibility with me. 

I’m also highly suspicious of anyone who says they aren’t competing with the market leader, especially if what they’re offering is the same kind of thing, only worse. 

get out of my head (and into my car)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Lord Mushroom said:

If I came across my favourite actress (whoever that is) on the street, I would take a quite long look at her as I was seeing her from the front. Some time after she passed, I would stop walking, turn around and look at her some more. :) I would be too afraid and polite to bother her. If she smiled at me when I first looked at her, I would give her a thumbs up.

So you would indeed act differently than with a regular person. 😉

5 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

But yeah, that whole notion of "if you say you don't fangirl over someone, then I don't believe you" is silly.

Did I say "fangirl over someone"? No, I didn't. I just said most of us tend to behave differently in presence of famous people, sometimes in a very subtle, unconscious way. You even admitted you sometimes felt excitement next to a celebrity you like, during a show for instance.

Look, personally, when there are famous people, I actually tend to keep distance to avoid bothering them. Because I hate people asking for selfies and autographs. Is that fangirling??

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Did I say "fangirl over someone"? No, I didn't. 

Nope.  MrBeefy did, and I was replying to his bit.  🤣

48 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

You even admitted you sometimes felt excitement next to a celebrity you like, during a show for instance.

Well, yeah, but not because I'm "next to a celebrity."    The excitement comes from the event.  It'd be really odd if I didn't feel any excitement over attending an event like that.   And of course the celebrity would be there or it wouldn't be much of an event.  Like "I went to that Tom Waits show but Tom wasn't there. 

54 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Look, personally, when there are famous people, I actually tend to keep distance to avoid bothering them. Because I hate people asking for selfies and autographs. Is that fangirling??

I don't think it is.  Sure doesn't sound like it to me.  Nope.  But some others might post a "I don't believe you" meme over a statement like that. You know how some folks get.

• Like 1

The thing about celebrities is that, whatever they are to you, you're a complete stranger to them. So, it's probably for the best if you treat them like that and leave them alone.

One thing I'll say for Tommy is that he was pretty successful and making his fans feel as though he wasn't a complete stranger, but a friend. At least that's my rationale for how he made so many of them follow him down the rabbit hole.

11 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

And Mr Beefy actually lied, since he asked his favorite wrestlers for autographs, so unless he's very strange, he surely doesn't act with celebrities like he does with regular persons. 😝

Personally, I kinda hope that's the case.  I like to believe he just walks around randomly asking people for autographs and they're all like "dafuq...?" while signing some napkin or something.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I gave him/them the benefit of the doubt that they'd produce something, even if far less than the promises would have people believe.  That benefit diminished consistently though, but I don't think I gave up completely until they released that "unboxing" video.   I got a bit nauseous watching that because it was so obvious that they were trying so hard to convince people of something that just wasn't true at all.

• Like 2

Yeah, when it started out, I thought it was going to be Ouya 2.0. The hardware would come out, fail to sell, and get sold off at deep discounts to be modded as a slightly upmarket alternative to a Raspberry Pi. Meanwhile, the software sales would be miserable and everything even vaguely worthwhile would end up being ported to other platforms.

That turned out to be an overly generous prediction, although I got that last bit right. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

FWIW,

@SegaSnatcher was pretty early to question things. I don't remember if it was him, but I'm pretty sure someone asked how experience with bleeps and bloops made him qualified to know jack about hardware. DON'T UNDERESTIMATE HIM!

There were a chunk of people who at the end of 2019 saw red flags and predicted a delay. I think most of us gave them too much credit for too long. The project was dead in 2019. Games came to a halt amd hardware wasn't finished as stated.

Them going into a bigger office was because they were either dumb, or needed to bleed money. Even of the excuse was to attract a buyer, theove was dumb. They needed to drastically drop their spending a refocus. They didn't. I mean can anyone really say what any of the employees did? We saw little to no progress and beer drinking on the job.

The Utah office looked as though it was only inhabited for that one tour.

4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

And Mr Beefy actually lied, since he asked his favorite wrestlers for autographs, so unless he's very strange, he surely doesn't act with celebrities like he does with regular persons. 😝

Not a lie you just can't seem to grasp a simple concept. Even if you like a celeb they aren't a dieity, nor better than you. They might be better than you in one aspect but that does not make them a better person. Is that really that hard to grasp? That or you really need to work on your self esteem if you think any remotely famous person no matter how big or small is better than you. Have a little more respect for yourself. Sheesh.

4 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Personally, I kinda hope that's the case.  I like to believe he just walks around randomly asking people for autographs and they're all like "dafuq...?" while signing some napkin or something.

That's how the wife ended up becoming my wife. Tricked her into signing her name on a document. Hey sign this, thanks hope you like the last name Beefy. Sucker!

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Not a lie you just can't seem to grasp a simple concept. Even if you like a celeb they aren't a dieity, nor better than you. They might be better than you in one aspect but that does not make them a better person. Is that really that hard to grasp? That or you really need to work on your self esteem if you think any remotely famous person no matter how big or small is better than you. Have a little more respect for yourself. Sheesh.

No, it's you that can't seem to grasp what I said. I'm not saying we act differently towards famous people because they're superior or better than us. Just because they're more famous, period. Although I find hard to believe you don't think your favorite wrestlers ever achieved something special. 🤔

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Then it's unplayable because we were clearly told they can't be played without a certain controller.

There's a grain of truth even in something like this because we know that these games aren't optimized for each platform they're appearing on, with mismatched controls, among other things. It's all minimal effort stuff, but the fact that it released at all makes it leagues better than the hardware efforts.

6 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Compiled by him. It's an important distinction in the game description.

Props to BBG for changing it from the original, which once said “composed”

https://web.archive.org/web/20230525012730/https://store.steampowered.com/app/2430580/Astrosmash/
image.thumb.png.b4c518f4343dc8df8cba02656b32738b.png

I wonder how it was decided to change that? And why mention the oofmeister at all?

Here is the current revision:

image.thumb.png.9b84cc3a470ae897702b6ae9727a62a5.png

• Like 2