IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

13 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Well, you do realize that several people here complained that Berzerk Recharged didn't retain that "game breaking play mechanic", right? 😅

🤣

Well,  it's a subtle difference.  In Berzerk or Frenzy (Not the Recharged versions,  those don't count),  You move wherever you want and aim and shoot,  and when you shoot, you stop moving,...which only makes sense.  In Night Stalker you have to stop and THEN you can shoot....I know...WhaaaAAaaAAAa???

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

For Astroblast, yes this is correct.

And although Dark Cavern is based off of Night Stalker,  I would respectfully,...highly disagree.

TBH,  I've only played Night Stalker on comps and Evercade etc. (Not on an actual Intellivision).  So,  if I get part of this wrong,  I need one of my Intellivisionary friends to wap me upside the head and knock some sense into me. 

While Dark Cavern is Perfect in my humble estimation,  I couldn't figure out Night Stalker for the life of me...It just never seemed to play right,  so finally I broke down and read the manual,  Wherein I discovered my problem.  The man Cannot move and shoot at the same time! A largely game breaking play mechanic if you ask me.  Then there's the ammo.  In Night Stalker you grab the weapon to get 6 shots, and unless you happen to be standing where the weapon reappears, You ONLY have 6 shots!  (I get that constantly scrounging ammo is one of the play mechanics,  but that doesn't mean I have to like it...)

Now fixing one of the main problems,  the homebrew Dungeon Stalker for Atari 7800 allows you to move and fire properly, and each pouch of arrows (your "weapon" in this one) has a random number of shots (up to 10 if memory serves)...Much Better and a Highly Fun game!  But it's still no Dark Cavern;   Which not only allows you to move and shoot like God intended, but IIRC starts you off with 20 shots, you get the gun right off for 10 more,  and if you want to hide out in the maze a while (without getting killed) you can scavenge up to 99 shots!;  Plenty of ammo before you start your war!

With Intellivision Night Stalker you can shoot in any direction while running by using both controllers.  In emulation you can do this by cross mapping the button assignment.  The Intellivision keypad uses the same signal pins as the side action buttons and disc so the keypad interferes with those functions.  With a single button version like Dark Cavern you'd have to momentarily move towards the enemy, shoot and then move in the direction you want.  In Berzerk you also have to push the the joystick towards the enemy to fire and then push in the direction you want to move.  With the Intellivision controller you just momentarily release the disc, shoot in any direction, and continue moving in the direction you want.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

🤣

Well,  it's a subtle difference.  In Berzerk or Frenzy (Not the Recharged versions,  those don't count),  You move wherever you want and aim and shoot,  and when you shoot, you stop moving,...which only makes sense.  In Night Stalker you have to stop and THEN you can shoot....I know...WhaaaAAaaAAAa???

If you say so but I didn't notice it when playing on the Evercade.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 10:08 AM, Razzie.P said:

I'd play Duck Cavern!!!  

image.png.a437a7bf69c62c854a5374963bec8ae6.png

image.png.92ddd6afce3af6f1663ccdebffa55284.png

image.png.da37ea7b2e13047182ab0e2f1f6a0dc2.png

I've played this some. It's usually cheap, and is okay for the price. I probably got it for less than $2.

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/blazing-beaks-switch/

And yes it has local co-op up to 4 players. Which doesn't exist according to industry frauds.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 8:21 AM, jerseystyle said:

Y’all see the latest video from Mullis, where he encourages random internet commenters to make fun of his autistic son, in real time, while the kid sits next to him, because the kid noticed controller lag during an Astrosmash session? 

Intellivision- bringing family together.

The one complaining isn't the one with ASD. Either way it doesn't look good on his part. Especially when he elbows him to try and get him to hush up.

Both of his sons have talked about issues with the games. I think he is in too deep to accept the L and listen to what his kids are saying.

This console has shown lag on multiple occasions with the same men claiming that there isn't. They've lied about it in the past. It's just sad to see a parent do that and this wasn't the first time in exhibiting this type of behavior.

He will probably whine and use his kids as a shield claiming harassment. When really everyone likes his kids. Nice thing about kids is often they say unfiltered things. For those wondering here is SmashJT covering it.

Man these Amico games are really selling like hot cakes. Cue up an Amico thread saying it's a miracle the Switch outsold Amico.

• Haha 5

Mullis is not a good or nice person at all. Any sane company would shudder at the thought of him being any kind of source of "authority" for their product.

But of course Phil Adam hangs in his chat instead of responding to all the investors they took money from.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Mullis is not a good or nice person at all. Any sane company would shudder at the thought of him being any kind of source of "authority" for their product.

But of course Phil Adam hangs in his chat instead of responding to all the investors they took money from.

Well if you remember Tommy claimed they had a influencer with like a million subscribers who was going to promote the product?

They couldn't get anyone better than Mullis and company. They needed low sub easily influenced guys with bad judgement and willing to lie to stay in Tommy's good graces.

RetroBro has admitted later to knowingly pushing something for Intellivision that was a lie.

• Like 1

The larger the influencer the larger the fee. They even had an agreement with an agent with such connections. They budgeted for it but never had the inventory to sell.  Now they neither have the money or product.

----------

The son in the video seems to be complaining about something more than lag.  Looks like he figured it out, the direction pad is on a spring and he may not have been pressing through the dead zone.

5 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Well if you remember Tommy claimed they had a influencer with like a million subscribers who was going to promote the product?

They couldn't get anyone better than Mullis and company. They needed low sub easily influenced guys with bad judgement and willing to lie to stay in Tommy's good graces.

RetroBro has admitted later to knowingly pushing something for Intellivision that was a lie.

10 - 15 million! 😄

lfonoOH.png

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, mr_me said:

The larger the influencer the larger the fee. They even had an agreement with an agent with such connections. They budgeted for it but never had the inventory to sell.  Now they neither have the money or product.

----------

The son in the video seems to be complaining about something more than lag.  Looks like he figured it out, the direction pad is on a spring and he may not have been pressing through the dead zone.

PLEASE, don’t defend abuse. Worship TT all you want, but this was gross. Don’t let Amico trump your morality. He allowed people to make fun of his son, IN REAL TIME, because he made a negative comment about a game. The CEO was involved. This was disgusting and anyone involved should be ashamed.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, mr_me said:

Some agreement! Or maybe, just maybe, Tallarico was talking out of his ass hat the whole time?

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

PLEASE, don’t defend abuse. Worship TT all you want, but this was gross. Don’t let Amico trump your morality. He allowed people to make fun of his son, IN REAL TIME, because he made a negative comment about a game. The CEO was involved. This was disgusting and anyone involved should be ashamed.  

The son, at one point said it's not moving, which is a different problem than lag.  That's what I'm talking about.

31 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Some agreement! Or maybe, just maybe, Tallarico was talking out of his ass hat the whole time?

No, the agent himself talked on video about what he can do.  Besides, what would it take to get a million plus influencer, $50k?  

8 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

10 - 15 million! 😄

lfonoOH.png

Here he says "we are talking" which means at best they sent an email. 

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

He specifically says "we made two deals with two big YTers". 

He talked the same way about that investor, who wasn't actually an investor. That was a potential investor which is very different.

If they made a deal they spent money, and he even said you'd see more on that in March of 2021? For those who have forgotten we are well past that point.

Simplest explanation was he was full of crap and not honest about the situation. But you still have some fool's who think they are on the launchpad and ready to launch with their FCC certs.

Oh wait I haven't checked that in awhile.

Well look at that and color me surprised. They have totally exceeded my expectation! I'm going to have to eat my words now.

Screenshot_20231115_210708_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a444390558f05dbea595fd07af1e2ef9.jpg

Not really...

Edit: Speaking of fools I remember some of those same fools commenting here about how IE was totally done and I was wrong about their games, OS, and backend not being done and ready to go. 

Screenshot_20231115_211339_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a1c9c74f5f69022afb355082a13258ed.jpg

Small reminder to those idiots. The year is 2023 and it still isn't ready. 🤣

ezgif.com-add-text.gif.5f9f75cedd7df361d81993e47a046505.gif

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The son, at one point said it's not moving, which is a different problem than lag.  That's what I'm talking about.

No, the agent himself talked on video about what he can do.  Besides, what would it take to get a million plus influencer, $50k?  

Yeah and I’m talking about the time IE and its CEO allowed a kid to be abused in real time because he had feedback about their game. This was disgusting and anyone who still supports them is morally bankrupt. Why are you still trying to thread the needle here?  What’s your redline? 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

He specifically says "we made two deals with two big YTers". 

He talked the same way about that investor, who wasn't actually an investor. That was a potential investor which is very different.

If they made a deal they spent money, and he even said you'd see more on that in March of 2021? For those who have forgotten we are well past that point.

Simplest explanation was he was full of crap and not honest about the situation. But you still have some fool's who think they are on the launchpad and ready to launch with their FCC certs.

Oh wait I haven't checked that in awhile.

Well look at that and color me surprised. They have totally exceeded my expectation! I'm going to have to eat my words now.

Screenshot_20231115_210708_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a444390558f05dbea595fd07af1e2ef9.jpg

Not really...

Edit: Speaking of fools I remember some of those same fools commenting here about how IE was totally done and I was wrong about their games, OS, and backend not being done and ready to go. 

Screenshot_20231115_211339_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a1c9c74f5f69022afb355082a13258ed.jpg

I remember the CFO, in an interview talking about having a couple of VC investors lined up prior to the pandemic that fell through.  It didn't close, they lost those investors. In 2021 they burned through quite a bit of money, they could have wasted some on influencers but they wouldn't need the large influencers unless they had a large number of consoles in inventory to move which of course never happened.

According to an fcc document someone posted in this thread, if they passed FCC irradiated emission testing as they claimed, it doesn't show up in that database.  Fcc intentional wifi/bluetooth power level certification does and they can do that prior to production, but that production had been put on hold indefinitely.

If they had a system with some built in-games that can be pushed os updates, then a release was possible. They claimed last year that the backend was functional for a while, and they supposedly have had units in the field working with those systems as well.

Edited by mr_me
  • Thanks 1

Thanks again for the 156th time to re-iterate what they said. I for one was totally lost on what was said but now I can see how this totally changes the situation. It is vital that we know for the 156th time what they said, so we can discuss it further on round 157.

And what's that about FCC? I hear they passed it yes? Can't quite remember. Maybe someone here could post some insight on what the situation is, preferably in a way that totally skirts around the scammy and disqusting parts and only focuses on what was said. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, mr_me said:

I have no idea what it would cost to pay off a big YouTuber to say nice things about a vaporware scam. But you said it was budgeted. Since it was (obviously) never spent, what happened to that money? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I have no idea what it would cost to pay off a big YouTuber to say nice things about a vaporware scam. But you said it was budgeted. Since it was (obviously) never spent, what happened to that money?

In general, much of that cash they had in 2021 was wasted on overhead.  Fifty plus employees and no revenue, it was a matter of time before the money was gone. [Should also mention money lost in a manufacturing contract that went bad.] Overall I don't even think they raised all the money they talked about, so many million for this and so many million for that, it came to about twenty to twenty-five million.  Their funding was a few million short. Fees for a large influencer are relatively small overall.

Edited by mr_me