IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

10 hours ago, mr_me said:

It was a crazy bet, the CEO had all the cards, it was easy for him to know and show when they had the license.  How could anyone outside possibly know.

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

He's a good guy, he made a bet and honoured it.

For someone that at least tries to stick to the facts... Maybe Tony had magical powers, maybe it was a lucky guess (or more probably what he wanted to see happening). Who cares? Is it that hard to admit he won his bet? ? Like said above, he was banned for talking politics, which is indeed against the rules.

9 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

J Allard had no material role on the Amico.

However, he did have an ethereal role.  He performed a seance, used a crystal ball, and spoke with ghosts with developers who passed into the netherworld to add an additional 600 years of experience to the company.  ? ? ? 

Do you think Allard's contribution to Amico will be part of the intangible cultural heritage some day? ?️

8 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

I have no idea what his deal was, I just wanted to use the word "voluntold" in a sentence ;-) 

I think the right word is he was "voluntaskedafriendlymodtobanhisass" to leave. ? (just kidding, in that case he really broke the rules)

6 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I've always imagined that lil' dude who played Doogie Howser's best friend playing the TT role

I've said it at least twice before, my pick remains Ralph Macchio (on his knees, Hobbit-style).

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

P.S.  It's quite amazing how quickly toddlers can figure out modern tech.  I think too many people underestimate what kids can grasp when it comes to technology. When my Niece was around 3 yrs old she had no trouble using a mouse and keyboard to navigate Windows to find her games and play them.

I remember getting stuffed by a 3 year old who could whizz around on Crash Bandicoot on a PS1.

When I got our first Nintendogs Nintendo DSes (my post asking if the DS was worth buying is around here somewhere), mine got stolen by 3 year old daughter. Didn't take her long to figure out the game just by working out what the icons did. 4 year old Grandson has had his own tablet since he was 2. Kids that age pick things up really quickly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

For someone that at least tries to stick to the facts... Maybe Tony had magical powers, maybe it was a lucky guess (or more probably what he wanted to see happening). Who cares? Is it that hard to admit he won his bet? ? Like said above, he was banned for talking politics, which is indeed against the rules

Looks he was kicked out of the q&a thread which is not uncommon.  But that didn't ban him, as he posted in the atari 2600 section after that before getting banned from atariage.  The bet was in neither of those topics, it was in a different Amico thread.  As you know people blocked from the q&a thread are free to post in other amico topics.  From what I remember, the ceo produced the contract as evidence.

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

Yeah, and I was indeed mistaken when I said he was banned because of the bet. But still, he won it. ?

who cares family guy GIF

The bet is pointless and was verified by people who continually lied for and ran interference for TT. Kind of like listening to them swone at the idea of playing the console and jaw dropping at graphics that my kids free mobile games have had for a decade now.

The real story is that this was a monumental failure. Worse than Chameleon, and unfair to VCS and the Ouya. Especially the Ouya. They couldn't even get 10,000 people to order the thing. It is going to take someone to blow more money and not produce a simple android in a box console.

The product failed, their marketing failed (yes it started), and their PR failed. The only thing they succeeded as was blowing smoke up people's buttons and not delivering. Thus it is the biggest scam in gaming history and something that can be a Guinness World Record.

They have lost so hard they are incapable of telling the people, whose money they refuse to give back, their plan forward. That's because they can't. There were never haters. There were normal people who could make simple observations. The only haters were the company that lied and ran off with money.

Now where's my morning coffee? ?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

So not to change the subject, but to speculate a little.

If Covid never happened, would the Amico had made it to market, and how well would it have done?  No supply chain issues, no missed dates... Would it have hit the mark or still followed the same path it did today?

So was it a bust from day one, or was it really because of Covid.  It's hard to get Raspberry Pi4's now, I can't imagine the Amico ever being produced as a new product.

What they should do is sell the games to another system and run IE as a software only company making Intellivision titles for other systems. 

I think Covid actually helped them. It allowed them to buy two more years to raise and then misappropriate money. They weren’t ready for the initial launch. Software wasn’t finished. If Covid hadn’t happened they would have been held accountable far earlier. The Playdate, the VCS, and 2(!) Evercade consoles were all released in that time. None of them had raised millions through fundraising nor did they get money from the German government. Also the Polymega came out, and those things were manufactured in MYANMAR during the pandemic (and I lived in Myanmar for years so can attest to how nuts that is).  Covid allowed them to hide their incompetence behind a smokescreen for years.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

I think Covid actually helped them. It allowed them to buy two more years to raise and then misappropriate money. They weren’t ready for the initial launch. Software wasn’t finished. If Covid hadn’t happened they would have been held accountable far earlier. The Playdate, the VCS, and 2(!) Evercade consoles were all released in that time. None of them had raised millions through fundraising nor did they get money from the German government. Also the Polymega came out, and those things were manufactured in MYANMAR during the pandemic (and I lived in Myanmar for years so can attest to how nuts that is).  Covid allowed them to hide their incompetence behind a smokescreen for years.

I agree with this. People are still falling for that tripe even though parts are there they just refuse to spend money on them.

It still shows they are incompetent in making plans. They've had two extra years and still can't say how they will do it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Also a couple hundred thousand of free Gov covid money. (PPP loan) 

This says 16 employees. Thats only 12k per employee. Maybe 2 months per employee if that. 

4CD2F494-E516-427D-A895-408EBABD04D1.jpeg

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hwlngmad said:

Definitely the title of the documentary and/or book of this whole charade, if not already mentioned, needs to be "Cornholed: The Intellivision Amico Story."  Trust me, it would sell.

Man I’m still pissed at what they did to Cornhole. I was in record in that deleted thread (wish they’d bring it back so I could read through that madness again) saying I’d buy an Amico just for Cornhole. But holy crap they messed that game up.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Man I’m still pissed at what they did to Cornhole. I was in record in that deleted thread (wish they’d bring it back so I could read through that madness again) saying I’d buy an Amico just for Cornhole. But holy crap they messed that game up.

Didnt they the change control scheme from aim/swing to button press/waggle? 

Then downgrade GFX to help reduce lag?

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

The bet is pointless and was verified by people who continually lied for and ran interference for TT. Kind of like listening to them swone at the idea of playing the console and jaw dropping at graphics that my kids free mobile games have had for a decade now.

The real story is that this was a monumental failure. Worse than Chameleon, and unfair to VCS and the Ouya. Especially the Ouya. They couldn't even get 10,000 people to order the thing. It is going to take someone to blow more money and not produce a simple android in a box console.

The product failed, their marketing failed (yes it started), and their PR failed. The only thing they succeeded as was blowing smoke up people's buttons and not delivering. Thus it is the biggest scam in gaming history and something that can be a Guinness World Record.

They have lost so hard they are incapable of telling the people, whose money they refuse to give back, their plan forward. That's because they can't. There were never haters. There were normal people who could make simple observations. The only haters were the company that lied and ran off with money.

Now where's my morning coffee? ?

I still can't believe a company managed to screw up worse than the Chameleon.  While the Chameleon didn't get as far into development as Amico did, that project at least didn't take a bunch of people's money.  

The fact that the VCS actually shipped to retail and the Amico might never get past those few prototypes made is pretty sad. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Don't forget stole graphics and art items and placed them in game!

THEY WERE JUST PLACEHOLDERS! DON'T YOU KNOW ALL COMPANIES STEAL OTHER PEOPLE'S ASSETS TO USE IN PROMOTIONAL TRAILERS!

THEY SHOWED NINTENDO THE STAR FOX TEXT IN MOON PATROL AND THEY LOVED IT BECAUSE NINTENDO IS WATCHING WHAT THEY ARE DOING VERY CLOSELY!

hAtEr!

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Haha 8

18 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I still can't believe a company managed to screw up worse than the Chameleon.  While the Chameleon didn't get as far into development as Amico did, that project at least didn't take a bunch of people's money.  

The fact that the VCS actually shipped to retail and the Amico might never get past those few prototypes made is pretty sad. 

It is pretty easy to believe.

It would be interesting to know how many of the Republic investors know the name Intv vs who don't.

If you remove the name Intellivision it would have had less legs. If it was just The Amico people would have blasted it as a dumb android box that plays shovelware from the ehop they can purchase for a buck.

I really don't see why those same people don't talk about how other consoles shovelware makes their jaw drop, minds explode, or turns their brains to Swiss cheese. ?

46 minutes ago, Rev said:

Yup. And TT and I had a good discussion on here about it where he assured me they were making it better, and they would be doing a deep dive on it soon. Then, we never saw new footage. That was like 2 years ago.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rev said:

My understanding is that the original version was hardcoded to aim at the hole, and throwing from directly in front.  The new version allowed you to move your body position left/right, and aim anywhere on the board.  (They both use a throw motion to determine force/velocity and trueness to direction.)

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

What was "the bet" that you guys are talking about?  And who won what?

From memory, before the Amico MLB press release, the CEO was talking about the license.  Tonytgd was saying that at that time, they don't have the license.  And they bet on it.  If Tonytgd was wrong, he was to leave the Amico section.  It was a fun bet.

2 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Don't forget stole graphics and art items and placed them in game! (That one's easy to forget since it appears they did that with....most of their games.)

Most of their games?  The games were programmed by independent developers but they are still the company's games.  In both cases they aren't gameplay related and easy to fix.

Edited by mr_me

18 minutes ago, mr_me said:

My understanding is that the original version was hardcoded to aim at the hole, and throwing from directly in front.  The new version allowed you to move your body position left/right, and aim anywhere on the board. 

From memory, before the Amico MLB press release, the CEO was talking about the license.  Tonytgd was saying that at that time, they don't have the license.  And they bet on it.  If Tonytgd was wrong, he was to leave the Amico section.  It was a fun bet.

Most of their games?  The games were programmed by independent developers but they are still the company's games.  In both cases they aren't gameplay related and easy to fix.

Correct, the new control version sucked.   Glad we agree. 

• Haha 2

At least with this Wii shovelware Cornhole game, you had the throwing motion. 

Amico Cornhole, new control do you swing ever? 

These drunken podcasters seem to think Amico Cornhole was ruined: 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

If it was just The Amico people would have blasted it as a dumb android box that plays shovelware from the ehop they can purchase for a buck.

People did blast it for that even though it had the INTV name attached to it!  It wouldn't be the first time.  There isn't one system out there that doesn't have it's share of shovelware once they get so many titles released.  It's bound to happen...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

People did blast it for that even though it had the INTV name attached to it!  It wouldn't be the first time.  There isn't one system out there that doesn't have it's share of shovelware once they get so many titles released.  It's bound to happen...

The Wii library has a TON of shovelware crap games. 

But when an individual points that out and badmouths and hates on Nintendo, you dont get shut down, doxxed, banned, labeled as a hater for doing so.  

Someone who I will not name PM’d me here and cursed me out and was put on mod preview, because I was slightly critical of Amico. 

I (we) can criticize other gaming companies, but yet still like, purchase, and play those systems.

Edited by Rev
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

It is pretty easy to believe.

It would be interesting to know how many of the Republic investors know the name Intv vs who don't.

If you remove the name Intellivision it would have had less legs. If it was just The Amico people would have blasted it as a dumb android box that plays shovelware from the ehop they can purchase for a buck.

I really don't see why those same people don't talk about how other consoles shovelware makes their jaw drop, minds explode, or turns their brains to Swiss cheese. ?

I think it’s safe to say that without the Intellivision mark, the AtariAge demographic would have found it a lot less interesting, regardless of what was inside or who was running it. The extent to which some people ascribe feelings to names and symbols can be mind-boggling. 

Present company included.

This was me: 

In my defense, at least it was a finished product that was available to buy (and return) in stores. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1