IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

7 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Not necessarily (note: been involved in these sort of rentals before). No one wants to rent used office furniture, or buy it for that matter. So, once rented, the price always drops pretty drastically. By renting it to TT, that seriously impacts the price, and that loss is made up by the rental cost. Do the argument of inflated value probably wouldn’t hold. I do agree they might settle, as something is better than nothing.

What if the sum Amur would settle for is so high that Tommy would be bankrupt anyway? Then he might try court and see how it goes.

7 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

You know how they say a new car loses a big chunk of its value the moment you drive it off the lot? This kind of furniture has to be the same way, but more so. It comes in unassembled flat packs which are easy to move, but once assembled is meant to be used and age in place. The leasing company did Intellivision a favor by repossessing it and crediting back the amount they could fetch in an open auction— at a time when real-world demand for office furniture must have been at an all-time market low. There’s still a nationwide glut of office space even now, a few years post-pandemic. 

not to mention a lot of it was semi-custom, teal seats and stuff on the chairs (OMG gotta colour-coordinate everything so the chairs match the walls!)  selling used office equipment in a down market where everyone is working at home is one thing; selling teal office furniture is quite another;  black/grey/white would sell much easier since it would go with a lot of things.  teal just goes with teal and maybe orange but no one's going to have that kind of thing except tommy.  Also when selling at an auction, you take what you can get if you truly want to unload it.  it was definitely a buyer's market there.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

You know how they say a new car loses a big chunk of its value the moment you drive it off the lot? This kind of furniture has to be the same way, but more so. It comes in unassembled flat packs which are easy to move, but once assembled is meant to be used and age in place. The leasing company did Intellivision a favor by repossessing it and crediting back the amount they could fetch in an open auction— at a time when real-world demand for office furniture must have been at an all-time market low. There’s still a nationwide glut of office space even now, a few years post-pandemic. 

It’s not the leasing company’s fault that Tommy Tallarico bought a bunch of pumpkins the day after Halloween, and unloaded them right around Christmas. That wouldn’t be his first Homer Simpsonism, either. 

Season 3 Spinning GIF by The Simpsons

I do agree that when reselling, you will never come close to recouping your original investment in a new item.

However, the claim that Intellivisions leased items all lost a bit over 96% of their value in about a year is a figure that should still raise some eyebrows.

Even considering Covid and a soft market for used furnishings, the lease company selling everything for around three cents on the dollar would have me strongly questioning if there was any backroom shenanigans going on like the lease company only having one bid/tender on the lot which happens to be a subsidiary, or something similarly dodgy.

You could have listed the items on a local Kijiji or Craigslist and still managed considerably more then 3%.

Part of Intellivisions problem is they had to have the best of the best. But I find it impossible to believe the resale market for high end items like a hardly used 450-600$ Bodi chair is maxed out at around 15$.

Edited by Tavi

1 hour ago, Tavi said:

You could have listed the items on a local Kijiji or Craigslist and still managed considerably more then 3%.

Part of Intellivisions problem is they had to have the best of the best. But I find it impossible to believe the resale market for high end items like a hardly used 450-600$ Bodi chair is maxed out at around 15$.

It would’ve taken FOREVER to sell these items on Craigslist. You would’ve needed to hire an employee to do that. No judge would have called that a reasonable ask. 

And you’re right- you could sell an individual 600 dollar chair for more than 15 dollars. But you have DOZENS of chairs. Only a company would buy all of them, and they’d want new items. The issue is the quantity. I would bet the auction winner was a warehouse that will sit in this stuff for years and sell a piece at a time to NGOs.

Ive been involved in these deals a few times (as a renter). There isn’t anything sketchy on Amur’s part here. All of it is straightforward. TT is just a thieving scumbag. Remember: HE decided to fully furnish MULTIPLE empty offices with CUSTOM furniture. Even at the time, in his thread, I questioned the need for that expense. He told me I didn’t know what I was talking about. Well, here we are :)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tavi said:

Even considering Covid and a soft market for used furnishings, the lease company selling everything for around three cents on the dollar would have me strongly questioning if there was any backroom shenanigans going on like the lease company only having one bid/tender on the lot which happens to be a subsidiary, or something similarly dodgy.

Hopefully there's something in their contract that says something like "If deadbeat renter suddenly decides he doesn't wanna pay, we, the company, will take it upon ourselves to go above and beyond to ensure we can get most of that money back without any extra bother to him, up to and including Craig's List, eBay, yard sales, panhandling, Go Fund Me, and having Corky in accounting start an Only Fans"

2 hours ago, Tavi said:

Considering the core of their product was build on very weak, end of life tech, and most of their games looked like they were programmed by a student over the weekend, I don't think "best of the best" really mattered to them.   Appearances were what mattered.  They wanted, more than anything it seems, to be viewed as a big deal Fortune 500 type of company.  Keep in mind this led by the same person who posed with a wax statue of the Dalai Lama as evidence of "I met him him and he liked my music" and had celebrity photos photoshopped to have them wearing "Tommy Tallerico" shirts.  So it makes sense that mentality was there regarding optics for the company.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

@mr_me it’s hard to prove because the thread was removed but at least one employee was “outed” after posting internal only pictures. He had behaved as though he were just another interested fan. I think that might have been the former NASA affiliated person. There were plenty of other people who were more enthusiastic than the facts should have suggested. An admin with IP logs could probably find some interesting threads to pull on. 

It’s mostly moot now, though — the only question that really matters is “is it out yet?” and nobody needs to have a big debate about that. That’s what was so weird about @Tommy Tallarico‘s belligerent attitude. He was here to sell something, but unwilling to let his work speak for itself. 

That's the engineer I was talking about, answering technical questions. It was the ceo at the time that told us who he is. There were thousands of people that preordered a system, when preordering was optional to get a system. It wasn't surprising that a few of them came to a forum where the ceo was answering questions.

18 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Isn’t it a tad disingenuous for you to ask for evidence after YEARS of saying “it’s true because random IE guy said it?”  

Is there any evidence that I said that.  And asking questions is a good way to learn.  Are you referring to the engineers that spoke in videos, we know who they are and what their role at the company was.

21 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

LOL, deep cut 

Tommy Tallarico personally signed a lease on the Amico office furniture, then defaulted on it. It will probably be settled, or he will lose, because he is obviously in the wrong. 

“Formal manufacturing” haha

@mr_me it’s hard to prove because the thread was removed but at least one employee was “outed” after posting internal only pictures. He had behaved as though he were just another interested fan. I think that might have been the former NASA affiliated person. There were plenty of other people who were more enthusiastic than the facts should have suggested. An admin with IP logs could probably find some interesting threads to pull on. 

It’s mostly moot now, though — the only question that really matters is “is it out yet?” and nobody needs to have a big debate about that. That’s what was so weird about @Tommy Tallarico‘s belligerent attitude. He was here to sell something, but unwilling to let his work speak for itself. 

I have evidence that an employee was astroturfing for the company. I never outed them because they already had gotten their butt reamed by Teets for talking to anyone considered a hater. Plus they also at one point had some medical stuff going on. They chose a bad company to work for, but it wasn't their fault nothing was done. I also kind of felt bad they had to deal with Teets.

20 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Isn’t it a tad disingenuous for you to ask for evidence after YEARS of saying “it’s true because random IE guy said it?”  

image0.gif.0e0b91f219719f52c3e111cd688b4ec8.gif

Screenshot_20240128_135256_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ac9f7bb77847b803f9362353a3a3c9ed.jpg

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2024 at 7:26 PM, MrBeefy said:

For anyone interested in the DATA of those who posted in the Q&A thread I have some data points here.

It's a pretty even number of AA regulars vs not AA regulars who posted there who are in the top 40 of posters.

top40posters-1-1-1.thumb.png.49a7063906fbd7c844324a59dac0c0ed.png

I miss @CurlyQ photoshopped antics. He was one of the best parts of that thread. I really wanted Tommy to succeed at the start-first pitch of his passion console. I was so excited to tell my coworkers about it. Hey an old classmate of mine bought the Intelly name and is making a new console!!! Well, egg on my face years later. When they announced the physical games would be a RFID card I was done. Glad I didn't give one cent to them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zeptari said:

I miss @CurlyQ photoshopped antics. He was one of the best parts of that thread. I really wanted Tommy to succeed at the start-first pitch of his passion console. I was so excited to tell my coworkers about it. Hey an old classmate of mine bought the Intelly name and is making a new console!!! Well, egg on my face years later. When they announced the physical games would be a RFID card I was done. Glad I didn't give one cent to them.

I wonder of CurlyQ is active in the Amico discord under a different name. Examples from said user:

Backpackmico.png

finnigan_fox_card_game.png

IMG_0575.jpg

amicojammie_budget.png

amicohomejammie.png

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0572-2-wm-116810.60000002384_watermarked.jpg

amicocap.png

amico_nom_noms.png

amicomote.png

IMG_0514.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I have evidence that an employee was astroturfing for the company. I never outed them because they already had gotten their butt reamed by Teets for talking to anyone considered a hater. Plus they also at one point had some medical stuff going on. They chose a bad company to work for, but it wasn't their fault nothing was done. I also kind of felt bad they had to deal with Teets.

What site was that on? Atariage or a different forum.

4 hours ago, Zeptari said:

I think most everyone wanted them to succeed. There is a difference between wanting them too and thinking they will. Tommy very early on had issues with anyone who questioned the smallest of things.

I went from hardcore for it, to I'm going to laugh so freaking hard when this thing tanks. And that isn't even from a want of it to fail, but seeing everyone be so stupid thinking it would. I mean some of the data that Tommy linked too here actually went against the idea of the console being succesful.

I really don't know why anyone bought their RFID cards. It was obvious they were done at that point. Not to mention Tommy and the company continually lied about it and slowly changed it from physical games, to media, to product.

3 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

I wonder of CurlyQ is active in the Amico discord under a different name. Examples from said user:

Backpackmico.png

finnigan_fox_card_game.png

IMG_0575.jpg

amicojammie_budget.png

amicohomejammie.png

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0572-2-wm-116810.60000002384_watermarked.jpg

amicocap.png

amico_nom_noms.png

amicomote.png

IMG_0514.jpg

I know he was on their FB group. Don't know if he still is. I'd have to know the username to know if these are him, however, I agree they don't look like his. Those are quite ugly.

18 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

What if the sum Amur would settle for is so high that Tommy would be bankrupt anyway? Then he might try court and see how it goes.

It's "just" $100K if Tommy Tallarico just pays it, and less if he gets his accomplices to help him out. If he fights in court, add legal fees on top of that. He has a big house and at least one Ferrari car, which he could liquidate to pay his debts. 

14 hours ago, Tavi said:

I do agree that when reselling, you will never come close to recouping your original investment in a new item.

However, the claim that Intellivisions leased items all lost a bit over 96% of their value in about a year is a figure that should still raise some eyebrows.

There are costs to storing these items, too. The leasing company was under no obligation to do what would make the most money for their deadbeat client, that's not their business and it's not the contract they signed. 

If Tommy went to court and told a jury that he's broke, maybe they would cut him some slack out of pity, but it's not the fault of the furniture company if Tommy overpaid for something. That's 100% on him, his fault and liability. 

According to this, the judge set a bench trial for Nov 12, 2024. No jury for Tommy, he won't get to work that charisma on them!

• Like 1

I've been through a few office furniture cleanouts over the years and you can't give the stuff away. Well, some of it you can, I suppose, as we usually had a free-for-all where the employees would help themselves to anything that was still in good condition for fitting out their home offices. The rest would just end up in a landfill though; the idea that you could sell it for a significant amount of money didn't seem to be on anyone's radar.

I suppose that would be for stuff that was 5-10 years old, where the Intellivision furniture was only about a couple of years. Still, the bulk of the depreciation takes place as soon as it comes out of the packaging.

• Like 3

On 1/28/2024 at 8:53 AM, kevtris said:

selling used office equipment in a down market where everyone is working at home is one thing; selling teal office furniture is quite another;  black/grey/white would sell much easier since it would go with a lot of things.  teal just goes with teal and maybe orange but no one's going to have that kind of thing except Tommy.  

This just triggered a long-forgotten memory of my first professional job. The chairs in the office boardroom were vividly Teal! I do not know who choose them; they were there when I started ca. 2000. Our Executive Director loved the colour, but her judgement in many things was questionable. 

Now I wonder what happened to that furniture. Long after I left, the organization first relocated to a smaller office and then it entirely ceased to exist. 

18 hours ago, mr_me said:

What site was that on? Atariage or a different forum.

The robot uprising is upon us!!!  It is getting more aggressive.....to be fair we WERE warned about this, now it is becoming a reality. 

Seriously though, thank you AI for entertaining us all this time, where ever would we be without your thoughtful and intelligent inisght into the Amico Entertainment World??!!!  Now all we need to do is get you some personality .exe and you may actually be worth putting up with!!!

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I can add that an employee should be able to comment on a public forum as long as their comments are genuine.  And sharing company information could put them in breach of confidentiality.

And it continues.......Do you really think you are adding valuable or useful information?  This is a genuine question!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I wouldn't comment if it wasn't.

Well we all know that isnt true, you are litererally adding nothing of value to any of this and you havent since the beginning other than what appears to be shilling for Intellivision and TT.  Hell you make comments disputing what people that are in the industry say (ie: Kevtris)!  So again, other than just planting words on a screen, what exactly are you adding that is useful!!  You are entertaining and everyone has a great laugh at you, but at the end of the day, you literally are adding nothing to any of this except repeating multiple things over and over and acting as one of the last defenders of this debacle!!!!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lawdawg710 said:

Well we all know that isnt true, you are litererally adding nothing of value to any of this and you havent since the beginning other than what appears to be shilling for Intellivision and TT.  Hell you make comments disputing what people that are in the industry say (ie: Kevtris)!  So again, other than just planting words on a screen, what exactly are you adding that is useful!!  You are entertaining and everyone has a great laugh at you, but at the end of the day, you literally are adding nothing to any of this except repeating multiple things over and over and acting as one of the last defenders of this debacle!!!!

Where have I disputed Kevtris. I've said before, some other people here like to argue things that aren't being argued. In the last example someone pointed out that an employee got in trouble for talking to certain people. So I added that sharing confidential information could be a problem with their employer. I don't see that as defending this failed company but adding relevant information. You might already know this but there are lots of people that read the forums.

Just now, mr_me said:

Where have I disputed Kevtris. I've said before, some other people here like to argue things that aren't being argued. In the last example someone pointed out that an employee got in trouble for talking to certain people. So I added that sharing confidential information could be a problem with their employer. I don't see that as defending this failed company but adding relevant information. You might already know this but there are lots of people that read the forums.

You LITERALLY were going back and forth with people over the stupid FCC certs (or lack of).  You have not added anything that no one else doesn't already know.  You may think you are giving useful information, but again, you are adding NOTHING that the people here do not know.  You can say what you want, but the fact is you have absolutely defended IE in the past as well as people involved with IE.  You almost have seemed to go out of your way to do so also adding in other things that were not even being discussed.

So again, I ask, what are YOU adding to this discussion that is useful?  Because you are truly not giving any actual information on any of this!!  And I have all day to go round and round with you if you want, you can litererally say nothing that will change my mind nor the minds of anyone else for that matter!!!  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lawdawg710 said:

You ...

On the contrary, I pointed out that there are two parts to fcc compliance.  The company claimed to have one part, and the fcc database screenshot that people like to repeatedly show is for the other part that their engineers are not claiming.  Maybe you know this but don't see how you speak for everyone else, and again don't see it as defending anything but clarity. In some cases I may have fell for some trolling and should have ignored certain posts. I can tell you that this conversation you've initiated isn't adding anything to the discussion.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mr_me said:

On the contrary, I pointed out that there are two parts to fcc compliance.  The company claimed to have one part, and the fcc database screenshot that people like to repeatedly show is for the other part that their engineers are not claiming.  Maybe you know this but don't see how you speak for everyone else, and again don't see it as defending anything but clarity. In some cases I may have fell for some trolling and should have ignored certain posts. I can tell you that this conversation you've initiated isn't adding anything to the discussion.

I speak for me and again, WHAT ARE YOU ADDING THAT IS USEFUL TO THIS CONVERSATION????  And what I am adding is a serious question, to which you are not even answering!!  I think we can all see where this is going!!  The only clarity is that your programers have failed to make you a full AI program and you seem stuck on only a few things!!  And trust me, if I was trolling, I would be more subtle in how I approached this!!!  

1 hour ago, lawdawg710 said:

I speak...

We just went over a couple examples. Comments aren't for any one user. When I see a comment that I don't think is helpful I just put my own that is, I don't harass the other user.