IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

6 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

The Pandemic board game can be bought for less than $30 on Amazon...

oboDKqn.png

The idea that having some version of that on an Android box console that costs $300 would be some "really ENORMOUS" deal is hilarious.

There have been electronic versions of it, too. I have old App Store purchases from 2012 and 2017 but they’ve been dropped from support, probably because there weren’t enough players to sustain development, even with the large audience on iPad. There’s a clue there about its actual market appeal. 

Then again, is that the appeal to the Amico guys? Bring back the old? 

The 2017 game has the same art as this, delisted on Steam. https://store.steampowered.com/app/622440/Pandemic_The_Board_Game/

Also, considering the real world turmoil caused by the real life pandemic, maybe it’s not in the best of taste to make a game of it? Then again, one can still play Plague, Inc. 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/plague-inc/id525818839

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Hey, hey, hey! Guess what they probably should have before they manufacture those controllers? Anyone want to take a guess?

A large group of people who are happy they finally got their refunds?

People who know what they're doing?

Games that are actually fun to play?

A console?

• Haha 6

13 hours ago, Shawn said:

A class action lawsuit? Bankruptcy filings? Both?

11 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

A well read copy of The Secret?

Eleventy Billion Bucks?

More vacations?   

11 hours ago, Stephen said:

They have already been FCC certified right?  That's what we've been told over and over again.  I mean they almost had it right?

6 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

A large group of people who are happy they finally got their refunds?

People who know what they're doing?

Games that are actually fun to play?

A console?

All great guesses! They just need a little fuel and it's going to be one heck of a ride!

image0.gif.99748ef9cfbb899c2330993f098c8034.gif

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

The Pandemic board game can be bought for less than $30 on Amazon...

oboDKqn.png

The idea that having some version of that on an Android box console that costs $300 would be some "really ENORMOUS" deal is hilarious.

My family and I played this over Christmas break in 2019, the board game.

We failed.

:(

(I honestly still feel at least a twinge of guilt over this)  (ridiculousness or not, your emotions are not necessarily good at the "cause and effect" logic system)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hydro Thunder said:

My family and I played this over Christmas break in 2019, the board game.

We failed.

:(

(I honestly still feel at least a twinge of guilt over this)  (ridiculousness or not, your emotions are not necessarily good at the "cause and effect" logic system)

I don't think we've ever lost when playing it. I think more players can make it more complicated. I remember it seemed like it was much easier of a co-op game than Forbidden Desert.

I have not played Pandemic Legacy, which each playthrough has consequences for the next playthrough.

Edited by MrBeefy
Added
  • Like 1

Alvarado is pathetic:

Discord User 1:
So I just caught up and read there is a road map. and dissapointed to see there is no PLan for the console in 2024 
So is it just done then for now?
I know @John Alvarado said we shouldnt ask but just talking amongst fans here if thats permitted

Discord User 2
The plan is to raise money to release the console. Between Amico Home and possibly the controllers, this might attract investors.

John Alvarado:
Intellivision has not given up on the console, and your thread is off topic for this discord.

Discord User 1:

im sorry. its just public chat so i though it was ok

John Alvarado:
#11. No negative questions/investigation of Intellivision business past, present, or future. Keep discussions on the current products.
#14. ... Please keep the chat constructive and avoid drama and predictions of doom.
You are welcome to post here. But statements like " i assume INtellivision has given up on the console which is a real bummer" are not welcome, especially when the Roadmap description explains the situation regarding the console and explicitly says we intend to keep going to deliver the console.
I was quoting the rule, which happens to mention drama, but  I was not accusing you of drama.  The part that applies is "predictions of doom" (i.e. saying the console is not happening).   Again, you are welcome and encouraged to post here as long as it is constructive.  Constructive criticism of current product is OK too, if it is in the spirit of improving the products.  Thank you for being a Founders pre-order customer.  I appreciate your support. 

• Haha 6

42 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

Alvarado is pathetic:

Discord User 1:
So I just caught up and read there is a road map. and dissapointed to see there is no PLan for the console in 2024 
So is it just done then for now?
I know @John Alvarado said we shouldnt ask but just talking amongst fans here if thats permitted

Discord User 2
The plan is to raise money to release the console. Between Amico Home and possibly the controllers, this might attract investors.

John Alvarado:
Intellivision has not given up on the console, and your thread is off topic for this discord.

Discord User 1:

im sorry. its just public chat so i though it was ok

John Alvarado:
#11. No negative questions/investigation of Intellivision business past, present, or future. Keep discussions on the current products.
#14. ... Please keep the chat constructive and avoid drama and predictions of doom.
You are welcome to post here. But statements like " i assume INtellivision has given up on the console which is a real bummer" are not welcome, especially when the Roadmap description explains the situation regarding the console and explicitly says we intend to keep going to deliver the console.
I was quoting the rule, which happens to mention drama, but  I was not accusing you of drama.  The part that applies is "predictions of doom" (i.e. saying the console is not happening).   Again, you are welcome and encouraged to post here as long as it is constructive.  Constructive criticism of current product is OK too, if it is in the spirit of improving the products.  Thank you for being a Founders pre-order customer.  I appreciate your support. 

The roadmap literally shows them having done nothing in over a year for the console. The last thing they did was in 2022.

Intellivision never released any Pilot videos. It has been a year and two months since they've done anything remotely showing any intention of making a console. This roadmap shows they have no intention of making any progress for two years and one month.

John needs to learn that the intentions are written right there. Giving them any money at this point, be it games on Home or a future controller, is just encouraging them to not make a console and not refund anyone with an outstanding order. Fool's and their money are easily departed.

They could submit for FCC certs. That should be simple enough. 😉

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 8:41 AM, MrBeefy said:

All great guesses! They just need a little fuel and it's going to be one heck of a ride!

image0.gif.99748ef9cfbb899c2330993f098c8034.gif

Just got to ask....where in hell is this gif from??  Maybe I read about it hundreds of posts / long ago, but that's too freaking funny and fitting to not ask.  I don't care if it's shopped either.  Still way too perfect!!

Tommy Trasharico indeed!

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2023 at 6:29 PM, MrBeefy said:

What did you do there exactly? Was it working on getting the jzintv emulator on board?

A variety of things.  Initially I helped get the first website and social media accounts going (when it was essentially just Tommy, myself, Bill Fisher and Emily Rosenthal).  I was also involved in the brainstorming and planning meetings for hardware and software designs.  I helped with the early promotion and shows (PRGE 2018 and E3).  Eventually I was dealing with developers who were doing new versions of the old Intellivision games (VP Production: Retro).  I was also testing game builds and hardware.  And yes, working to get the old games playable on the console under JzIntv.  I also worked with Evercade on their Intellivision collections, sourcing all the game assets and materials, and assisting them with troubleshooting, testing etc.  And I handled most of the IT needs, as far as acquiring hardware for employees, setting up and managing email and G Suite accounts, and tracking IT assets.  I was also maintaining and updating the current website for a while.  There was a lot more, but as the company grew and others came onboard, we didn't all wear so many hats.

On 12/30/2023 at 7:31 PM, Flojomojo said:

What prompted you to leave? I am a listener of the Intellivisionaries podcast. You used to be so excited about the company. What changed?

I own and operate an IT / computer services business.  It was becoming more and more difficult to give that the attention it needed, while simultaneously putting many hours into Intellivision.  It was also a rough time for me personally, as my mom passed away in April 2020 of pancreatic cancer, then my father passed away in April 2021 after a fall and prolonged hospital / nursing home stay, and complications from the Covid vaccine that ultimately caused his heart to fail.  I was supposed to be working "part time" for Intellivision, but the amount of time kept increasing.  I was offered a full time salaried position, but that would have meant giving up on my own business, which I did not want to do.  And of course, I could see things going in a different direction than what the initial idea and goals were - the ones I was aligned with and promoted on The Intellivisionaries - so I knew it was in my best interest to leave.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

Just got to ask....where in hell is this gif from??  Maybe I read about it hundreds of posts / long ago, but that's too freaking funny and fitting to not ask.  I don't care if it's shopped either.  Still way too perfect!!

Tommy Trasharico indeed!

I'm lazy. I just searched Doom in the gif part here on AA and ran across it. It's origins are a mystery, but I liked it.

image.thumb.png.93dc0ec8ea65fbfbb0f184e2f8a556d9.png

image-1.thumb.png.f98e1048b30d30acf53ea3f9629bc67a.png

Can someone ask Bill what was actually innovative? They've done nothing innovative and the one game he likes is a recycled idea that was last recycled in Feeding Frenzy 2 back in 2006. It failed to disrupt the industry and tap into that magical market (which is already being served within the market), and also ignoring those type of games are offered by the big 3.

Bill needs to realize that the consoles only shot was at a low price point. There is no reason for the general public to buy an overpriced console for small cheap looking games from an unproven company. You can get cheap looking fun games from many places at a similar price that offer you more. Shark Shark isn't innovation and neither is a screen on the controller. It has already be done in similar fashions.

The games are currently available on the platform, that those 3.2 billion people use, they want to capture. They haven't moved the needle there, and it is less likely for the needle to be moved on a console. There is no innovation, there is no market, and even less of a reason for someone to invest. His last example of Emoji Charades is laughable as it is already available on multiple platforms. If Gamecake isn't raking in 3.2 billion worth of dough currently, it isn't once on Amico or Amico Home.

image.thumb.webp.a2768ad3010fd5ef7c081b4e6a8a115c.webp

There's zero reason for Bomb Squad to not be on the roadmap. Unless they didn't pay Scott for his work. Code was done but hardware couldn't handle it. John needs to stop acting like a martyr for helping run the company into the dirt and taking a paycheck using people's preorder money. He's as bad as the rest of them. POSITIVE CULT APPROVED TALK ONLY!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I respectfully disagree™️. 🙂

Amico is a very innovative product. I've been following the video game industry for decades and I've never seen simple, rudimentary Flash and/or mobile games turned into a convoluted mess no casual gamer will be able to setup like this. 🧐👏

• Haha 8

On 1/10/2024 at 6:28 PM, MrBeefy said:

I'm lazy. I just searched Doom in the gif part here on AA and ran across it. It's origins are a mystery, but I liked it.

Actually I was referring to the Tommy Trasharico gif of him popping out of the garbage with what looks like a shopped Amico controller.  I loved the Doom one too though.  :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

New Running Man slate drink coasters are now available in the Intellivision merchandise shop:

https://intellivision.com/shop/running-man-slate-drink-coasters

OMG!  25 Bucks??  Those look like something ya might find in a dollar store (not even a $1.25 store if you take my meaning) or maybe they managed to go back in time to when Etsy had just launched...

Careful though,  when you first visit the website a popup will try to sell you boxes with no games!

Edited by GoldLeader
To be fair, at first glance I thought those things were compressed cardboard or burnt rubber, didn't realize they were stone...

This video really shows that IE was doing crowdfunding for years, all the while saying they were not crowdfunding.  Also there really is no hope for a console release in the future.

Edited by rayik
  • Haha 1