IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

4 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

just individual members of the public who risked their money to back a product just like every other crowdfunding campaign that has ever existed.

Well, there's a slight difference; they didn't even get the perks they might have got through Kickstarter, they just lost money! 🎊

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Well, there's a slight difference; they didn't even get the perks they might have got through Kickstarter, they just lost money! 🎊

But didn’t some get Golden Tickets?  Big prizes still coming!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

Why write that I agreed that they did and at the same time say I said otherwise. It only misleads people who don't read what I actually said.

Now regarding what the former CEO and others said, I don't keep track of everything that other people say. I do remember the former CEO saying, early on, that they wouldn't be crowdfunding. But that was before their VC investor funding didn't go as planned, and they shifted strategies.  Even in that context he was talking about not wanting customers to have to preorder in order to get a system.

You're joking, right?  You literally have kept track of everything that anyone associated with that flaming dumpster fire of a company has ever said.  Everytime someone says something here that you think disparages the company you have devoted so much time defending, you pull out some quote that you claim proves the company did something everyone but you  seems to realize it never did.  It's just like the FCC certs.  They never passed and nothing some engineer claimed about almost doing so or being able to do so but just not going through with it changes that fact.  It literally shows what a terrible company this has been from the start and how disingenuous your whole schtick about not wanting to mislead anyone has become.  

Tommy claimed they would not be crowdfunding and then when they clearly shifted strategies as you put it, numerous other executives of the company denied that it was in fact crowdfunding.  Guess what, it was crowdfunding, so no amount of trying to claim that it was mostly sophisticated investors and financiers will change that fact.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, number6 said:

@MrBeefy

Late TM update from December 2023:

Once again IE failed to file statement of use or extension request for "Intellivision Together Again".

The petition

and the complete document record showing the last revival request for abandoned TM:

see March 17, 2023 entry

Once again the attorney incorporated the tiring statement:

Apparently IE is consistent at 1 thing...late filings of legal paperwork.

They just needed a little extra time to sell some sad Amico coaster to afford the filing.

7 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

Yes, you're literally trying to say otherwise right now.  Tommy and others said they weren't using crowdfunding and you just agreed that they did.  It doesn't matter how you try to slice it, everything you said there is crowdfunding and what you are calling "investors" and "lenders" are actually just individual members of the public who risked their money to back a product just like every other crowdfunding campaign that has ever existed.    

Fig wasn't investors. It was customer based like KS and IGG. If you put down that $100 on Fig. You didn't get any shares of sales. They were then to ask for the rest of the deposit at a later date. The amount or percentage of the total due is inconsequential to the status of it being crowdfunding.

They took money for a product they intended to deliver. Just like you would on KS and IGG. They used that money to develop and pay themselves. They didn't deliver and haven't refunded everyone. SEC wouldn't look at KS, IGG, or Fig/Republic any different from each other. This is no different than a funded KS or IGG campaign that were never able to deliver.

Certain donut holes are too dumb to understand that. Actually that's a lie. I'm sure donut holes are smarter by comparison.

Edited by MrBeefy
Not removing the extra C.... PEAK ABSURB

17 minutes ago, bojay1997 said:

You're joking, right?  You literally have kept track of everything that anyone associated with that flaming dumpster fire of a company has ever said.  Everytime someone says something here that you think disparages the company you have devoted so much time defending, you pull out some quote that you claim proves the company did something everyone but you  seems to realize it never did.  It's just like the FCC certs.  They never passed and nothing some engineer claimed about almost doing so or being able to do so but just not going through with it changes that fact.  It literally shows what a terrible company this has been from the start and how disingenuous your whole schtick about not wanting to mislead anyone has become.  

Tommy claimed they would not be crowdfunding and then when they clearly shifted strategies as you put it, numerous other executives of the company denied that it was in fact crowdfunding.  Guess what, it was crowdfunding, so no amount of trying to claim that it was mostly sophisticated investors and financiers will change that fact.  

You are talking to a donut who hung around with and approved of Tommy and others attacking of others. Be it through doxing, trying to hunt down ex wives, or using children pictures to blackmail them into not talking about the console. 

He approved of them doing that to others while getting upset if you make fun of the crap stain that is Intellivision. 

Screenshot_20231128_173803_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e69f0f3c8b7b8e99e200ac527d70222c.jpg

Remember if you talk bad about Intellivision and they want to use your kids' pictures... you are asking for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bojay1997 said:

Tommy used to brag that they would never ask anyone to pay money before they are able to play the console.  Imagine that!

Edited by rayik
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, mr_me said:

Why write that I agreed that they did and at the same time say I said otherwise. It only misleads people who don't read what I actually said.

Now regarding what the former CEO and others said, I don't keep track of everything that other people say. I do remember the former CEO saying, early on, that they wouldn't be crowdfunding. But that was before their VC investor funding didn't go as planned, and they shifted strategies.  Even in that context he was talking about not wanting customers to have to preorder in order to get a system.

It seems the AI program is stuck on defense and repeat......apparently it is not a neural net processor (learning computer), but a broken record!!!!

For once just do not respond with the same thing over and over....We get it..you are a shill for Intellivision, you are a fanboy of Intellivision and you will blindly do as you are told by the IE high commander!!  But you still do not make sense, make a point or have any valid argument or information that you are bringing to this thread!!  I suspect however, you will continue to comment and make nonsense points that no one but you believes or cares about!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

The difference is an investor assumes risk for possible profit.  A customer with a preorder in a typical kickstarter only gets what they pay for, i.e. perk, but has a similar risk.  And when it's a startup the risk is high.

17 hours ago, rayik said:

Tommy used to brag that they would never ask anyone to pay money before they are able to play the console.  Imagine that!

It was surprising when they started taking deposits on preorders. Now we know that they were short on cash, investor funding not going as planned, and the directors putting in their own money to keep it going. 

Preorder deposits were still optional to get a system at the time.  Systems were supposed to be readily available after release.  They were suppose to do mall tours so people could try it.

19 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

No, I learn most about what that company said in threads like this. There are other people that follow this thing very closely.

People here tend to argue things that aren't being argued.  Who's arguing that they got fcc certification?  If you want to argue crowdfunding with those people from the company go find them because they're not here.

Edited by mr_me
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

image.jpeg.00403240f11c8fa4ad1d534576eadec1.jpeg

download.jpeg.6d8bab42efc93f92195873a6b9c5e670.jpeg

Hmm this is funny. I thought it was Al banning his fake alt sock puppet accounts. 🤔 

image.thumb.png.fe041d940855e0bcabab8e6f46d28a55.png

The only grown men in their 40's and 50's seemed to be the Amico diehards. Or are they more in the 50s to 60s bracket? 😅

How was it that not that many saw his reactions to people's opinions as a red flag? It was pretty obvious a bad idea if a random forum member posting their opinion made his so butthurt. They act like if you call a console a footbath it will be delayed like 4 years or something....

Okay I haven't played a ton of the Intv games. I was sent this  link, https://www.reddit.com/r/intellivision/s/iDxPwzmJ5I

image-1.thumb.png.4c6c978ce6d0dfe23e097f80aeb9311c.png

This guy puts the games on ranker.ranked. You can see the whole list here. https://web.archive.org/web/20170326140049/http://www.ranker.com:80/list/intellivision-games-ranked-_original-125_-v1/mr_me

Screenshot_20240120_221655_Chrome.thumb.jpg.16f837fdce6cd20863319335466960a3.jpg

Not going to lie but I'm surprised that Night Stalker didn't break top 10 and is even behind a sports game. Everyone else's thoughts?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

download.jpeg.6d8bab42efc93f92195873a6b9c5e670.jpeg

Hmm this is funny. I thought it was Al banning his fake alt sock puppet accounts. 🤔 

image.thumb.png.fe041d940855e0bcabab8e6f46d28a55.png

The only grown men in their 40's and 50's seemed to be the Amico diehards. Or are they more in the 50s to 60s bracket? 😅

How was it that not that many saw his reactions to people's opinions as a red flag? It was pretty obvious a bad idea if a random forum member posting their opinion made his so butthurt. They act like if you call a console a footbath it will be delayed like 4 years or something....

Okay I haven't played a ton of the Intv games. I was sent this  link, https://www.reddit.com/r/intellivision/s/iDxPwzmJ5I

image-1.thumb.png.4c6c978ce6d0dfe23e097f80aeb9311c.png

This guy puts the games on ranker.ranked. You can see the whole list here. https://web.archive.org/web/20170326140049/http://www.ranker.com:80/list/intellivision-games-ranked-_original-125_-v1/mr_me

Screenshot_20240120_221655_Chrome.thumb.jpg.16f837fdce6cd20863319335466960a3.jpg

Not going to lie but I'm surprised that Night Stalker didn't break top 10 and is even behind a sports game. Everyone else's thoughts?

Boomer Tommy age projects.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

Boomer Tommy age projects.

He did project a lot. If he accused someone of something he was most likely doing that thing behind the scenes.

That's why I always found his fake accounts comments funny. That one stream he kept messing up and didn't get to work showed he was buying views most likely. Everytime his connection on the stream went down around 500 viewers would drop. Then when he came back it would suddenly have 500.

Considering he recruited AAers to boost up the view count on that one video it makes sense he would do it on what was suppose to be a popular stream.

Even look at the VIP trailers. I kept track of those links in my old thread that got shut down. They landed like a wet turd.

From my old thread

6 Games that come with system:

1. Skiing Trailer Demo - 

2. Cornhole Trailer Demo - 

3. Shark! Shark! Trailer Demo - 

4  Astrosmash Trailer Demo - 

5. Farkle Trailer Demo - 

The highest views any one of those got was still under 900 views and it got worse. Astrosmash didn't even break 600.Screenshot_20240121_083852_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0c59752b75c743fcd7537e70ef48a8c8.jpgScreenshot_20240121_084520_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b578b9f59367545201f15c1b52a20baf.jpgScreenshot_20240121_084700_Chrome.thumb.jpg.131e66d4d5e4f7b66b2152996a17a939.jpgScreenshot_20240121_084926_Chrome.thumb.jpg.04ab462785d6a85a8eff2c5d08ec1b5c.jpg

Yet they tried to pass off they had over 10,000 orders? That is quite the number for the sheer amount of lack of engagement shown. This was marketed and pushed out to people even. And they didn't care.

Heh when looking back at what I kept track of you can now see where they stopped paying people for games.

Screenshot_20240121_093319_Chrome.thumb.jpg.922615ff458ff4c6c38e48fd59c32135.jpg

Those two games were what you saw of them. So the money to get them finished probably stopped around the time they got their footage to sell to people. Nightstalker literally days before they did their first round of crowdfunding. The desperation was there and they needed money to get console finalized, or find someone to help them get it finalized.

image-2.thumb.png.2271ca0e509a70f03bdee8f337d9a2e0.png

Another great example right there of his desperation to keep lying and rallying idiots to attack for him to perpetuate his lies. At April 2020 they knew they didn't have a complete and ready console. They still hadn't secured anything (having passed up an opportunity in February 2020).

No FCC or finalized hardware, no working OS, no backend structure, and pack in games unfinished, and still acting like people don't understand. Tommy Tallarico obviously didn't understand what he was doing.

Actually scratch that. He knew he had a turd that he couldn't polish and took money, salary, and continued to lie about them getting it done. All while forming a cult to attack anyone who didn't want to drink the kool-aid. Some of those same idiots act like those of us laughing here in this thread are the reason they are too innept to create a console.

I'm not sure what their holdup is as I just produced an Amico as of the writing of this message.

tumblr_5d895b93339f7ba67aff671abf6ece21_d2157aba_540.gif.be2c5ebf736766cc0417d6089034ee79.gif

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I like Night Stalker. It's a good game but it's never been one of my favorites, even as a kid. I always thought it should somehow be more than it really was. Somewhere near the bottom half of a Top 25 seems appropriate.

That baseball game was revolutionary btw. I'm still impressed with what a great 2 player game it is!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cvga said:

I like Night Stalker. It's a good game but it's never been one of my favorites, even as a kid. I always thought it should somehow be more than it really was. Somewhere near the bottom half of a Top 25 seems appropriate.

That baseball game was revolutionary btw. I'm still impressed with what a great 2 player game it is!

Never been a huge sports game fan on anything pre NES. It doesn't seem much different than Super Challenge Baseball on 2600. I mean anything will definitely Loom revolutionary compared to Home Run 2600. 

Night Stalker just seems slow to me. Not terrible, not great, but more potential for a modern update. That Baseball game demo they showed for Amico looked like they straight up pulled it from a septic tank or lagoon.

In other news. 

I've heard @RetroAdvisoryBoard is going to be in the Olympics!

RDT_20240122_0826252319993599532930942.thumb.jpg.bc0f241c3f4dd73de237156d3e8c181a.jpg

Congrats man! Don't forget to take your Amico Home setup to pick up some French ladies in between routines!

Team Usa Win GIF by BrittDoesDesign

Baby Falling GIF

• Haha 2

Night Stalker was one of those games that was amazing at launch but then the world moved past it. It might be Intellivision sacrilege to say so but I fear baseball games are like that, too -- we have so many modern games that look and feel like a TV broadcast now, it's hard to go back. Same with driving games. 

This Night Stalker re-imagining is kind of interesting because you can dodge around bullets and aren't restricted to a Dig Dug style grid. https://diemath.itch.io/night-stalker-dx

Mike Mika said that Amico Night Stalker was just a quick art demo and that no further work was done on it beyond what we saw. He also said that he hoped he could come back to it if the funding ever came through. I guess he works for Atari now, since Digital Eclipse is under them since the acquisition?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Night Stalker was one of those games that was amazing at launch but then the world moved past it. It might be Intellivision sacrilege to say so but I fear baseball games are like that, too -- we have so many modern games that look and feel like a TV broadcast now, it's hard to go back. Same with driving games. 

This Night Stalker re-imagining is kind of interesting because you can dodge around bullets and aren't restricted to a Dig Dug style grid. https://diemath.itch.io/night-stalker-dx

Mike Mika said that Amico Night Stalker was just a quick art demo and that no further work was done on it beyond what we saw. He also said that he hoped he could come back to it if the funding ever came through. I guess he works for Atari now, since Digital Eclipse is under them since the acquisition?

Atari owns M-Network. So they could totally do a Dark Cavern with it. Cloudy Mountain has such a stupidly generic name they could easily rename that too.

Those were maybe the most interesting looking versions of the remakes.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Agree 100%.  In Atari 2600 times Night Stalker and Baseball were amazing. Especially Baseball. 

Baseball would turn into 1-0 2-1 games when two skilled individuals played. Fast paced, quick game and very entertaining. 

But that era of awe passed 35 years ago. I have an rgb modded Intellivision and as much as it was my favorite system at one time, now just can’t play it for more than 10 minutes

Edited by rayik
Fixed spelling
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Never been a huge sports game fan on anything pre NES. It doesn't seem much different than Super Challenge Baseball on 2600. I mean anything will definitely Loom revolutionary compared to Home Run 2600. 

Super Challenge Baseball is very good but it's from MNetwork and based on Major League Baseball so I'd expect it to be similar to it's Intellivision counterpart just like Astroblast, Dark Cavern, etc. I felt like MNetwork did a very good job overall with their ports.

There are some big and some subtle differences though. Super Challenge Baseball only fields a team of 8 players (no shortstop). I understand why but the shortstop is an important position so that would take it down a notch. The reason I thought Major League Baseball is revolutionary though is more due to some subtle things in gameplay. I played this nearly every day with my best friend growing up. There are things you can do that people don't realize to give yourself a slight advantage. For example, when you make a throw to first base, you can move the first baseman one step closer to the throw (kind of like a stretch) to receive the ball just an instant sooner. Same with the lead baserunner as you could scoot him over just a tad and he'd still be touching the base (hence safe). The control over baserunners with lead-offs was also amazing. Since many games are low scoring, your ability to take extra bases is often the difference between winning and losing. We were really good at cutting off throws from the outfield (you can change players and intercept a throw otherwise going to the plate) to throw out other runners. It's an outstanding game that probably still doesn't get the credit it deserves for how well balanced it is.

• Like 2