IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

On 2/3/2024 at 9:18 PM, mr_me said:

The Intellivision was forgotten long before the NES showed up.

I'm willing to bet a lot of the gamers here had a 2600,5200,Intelly or Coleco and moved onto home computers by the time the NES showed up. 

On 2/3/2024 at 9:18 PM, mr_me said:

so it's not surprising that some people don't care for Nintendo graphics/audio style.

It's not that we don't care.. It's that most of us here just stepped up to PCs back then. The NES was for the next generation of gamers growing up... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Welcome to the dark side! So do you just go with whatever way the wind blows? Someone made a collection of all the photoshops you did when you were serving as Intellivision Entertainment’s art and advertising department: https://www.reddit.com/r/Intellivision_Amico/s/ZcthRhjwoJ

The wind changed directions a LONG time ago my friend.

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will."

Interesting that somebody went through the trouble to compile all those images. Hats off to the Intellivision_Amico Redditor's and their continuous documenting efforts.

Like many of you, I was excited about a new Intellivision as the original Mattel Intellivision was a very large and cherished part of my youth. But, the cluster#%$! that ensued was of EPIC proportions. The Intellivison name and it's legacy has been dragged through the mud and it saddens the heck outta me. 😢 At times, I wouldn't let my brain believe what was truly happening. It has been a very tough pill to swallow over the years.

That image is tame compared to all of the others bouncing around inside my noggin.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lawdawg710 said:

NO ONE CARES!!  Good lord just STOP already!!  You are talking about things as if anyone gives a damn what you are saying!!  Seriously dude, you literally aren't contributing anything to this.  You are making me feel sorry for you, and that is a large feat as anyone who truly knows me could attest to!!!  

The vilification in this thread isn't contributing to the discussion.

6 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Tommy saying sorry? I'm afraid your photoshops have now become too unrealistic!

Would you prefer I go back to posting Amico console skins? I would think not. :lolblue:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lawdawg710 said:

And you certainly are not adding ANYTHING other than comedy mixed with feeling semi sad for you!!!

I can hear you, no need to shout. It's just that your arguments aren't all that convincing. And I don't expect to convince you either.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

So were you on Tommy’s payroll or not? Seems like a lot of people think you were. That was a LOT of output for an unpaid volunteer or outsider. 

Well when you have Intellivision as a comparison point, making anything seems like A LOT.

:D

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I can hear you, no need to shout. It's just that your arguments aren't all that convincing. And I don't expect to convince you either.

It's interesting, because I cannot find anyone that agrees with you.  And if you can hear the words I type, then you are indeed a phenom....kudos to you Skynet!!! 

hq720.jpg

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

So were you on Tommy’s payroll or not? Seems like a lot of people think you were. That was a LOT of output for an unpaid volunteer or outsider. 

People can think whatever they want. Doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

The ONLY compensation I ever received was for t-shirt merch for the Intellivision Shop and a couple of Amico controller skin designs. I think you can probably already tell, I'm a huge OG Intellivision fan.

Love @Tommy Tallarico or hate him. He gave me the opportunity to work for a brand that I fondly grew up with and I will always thank him for that. It is terribly unfortunate what has happened but he must reap what he has sown.

btw, I've been using Photoshop for decades and I can crank out graphics like nobody's business, paid or unpaid.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CurlyQ said:

People can think whatever they want. Doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

The ONLY compensation I ever received was for t-shirt merch for the Intellivision Shop and a couple of Amico controller skin designs. I think you can probably already tell, I'm a huge OG Intellivision fan.

Love @Tommy Tallarico or hate him. He gave me the opportunity to work for a brand that I fondly grew up with and I will always thank him for that. It is terribly unfortunate what has happened but he must reap what he has sown.

btw, I've been using Photoshop for decades and I can crank out graphics like nobody's business, paid or unpaid.

Do you know of they planned to send this skin out to investors and crowdfunders?gtzoverlay.thumb.png.d4c3841a50ac213e82443d856c77f81f.png

Kind of seems like a complimentary skin they'd send out "for free". 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just visited Tommy's profile and noticed that he has "no achievements". Uncanny!

tommy.thumb.PNG.6b0ad918e37756ed959f3a02ea59d206.PNG

Also Tommy how dare you disable visitor comments on your profile. Where I come from saying "lmao get rekt" on someone's public profile page for years after they've abandoned the community is a tradition!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Do you know of they planned to send this skin out to investors and crowdfunders?

Kind of seems like a complimentary skin they'd send out "for free". 

Good Lord! Is that the Goatse? Not gonna lie, the original image will scar you for life! If you haven't already seen it up to this point do yourself a favor and don't. Pretend it's Medusa and just look away!

medusa.thumb.jpg.2d7cdd72330a72e9c7e060da48a1182f.jpg

That controller skin is indeed a metaphor for how Amico investors, crowd funders and pre-order peeps got bent over by Intellivision. A little raunchy and over-the-top but kudows to the creator, he/she is a real stickler for shock value. :lolblue:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

@lawdawg710 Why do you insist on feeding the troll? The dude is clearly not playing with a full deck.

mr_me-atari-age-forum.gif.46fc1dd7baef8d282e6ead837566ea26.gif

Because I have nothing better to do during the day sometimes and it helps pass time when things are slow!!!  Not to mention it is semi entertaining to me!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Radio F Software said:

Just visited Tommy's profile and noticed that he has "no achievements". Uncanny!

tommy.thumb.PNG.6b0ad918e37756ed959f3a02ea59d206.PNG

Also Tommy how dare you disable visitor comments on your profile. Where I come from saying "lmao get rekt" on someone's public profile page for years after they've abandoned the community is a tradition!

They must have removed all the fake ones!

• Haha 2