IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

47 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

BuT tHe EnGiNeErS ToLd Me tHey OpEraTeD oN UnIcoRn FArTs and FaIrY PoOps! AnD wouldn't nEeD TeSTiNg!

693748061_ezgif.com-add-text(1).gif.2910d0cc6bf0c3c6a8a936791634be7b.gifScreenshot_20230618_075045_Gallery.thumb.jpg.cabc2220a0201d2d9ce7c03f9950f6ee.jpg

That fake sticker is outdated. It should now be Grandpa Skid Mark Brown, not Woodgrain.

So @kevtris what would be your best guess on when they would need testing done and started manufacturing to make it by the holidays?

Beefy, the sticker is real.   The info is fake!     Hahahaha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

BuT tHe EnGiNeErS ToLd Me tHey OpEraTeD oN UnIcoRn FArTs and FaIrY PoOps! AnD wouldn't nEeD TeSTiNg!

The engineers only talked about fcc rf emissions compliance in the video, nothing about safety standards. While they can source UL tested batteries from suppliers, retailers would have required their device be UL/CE/CSA safety tested as well. In their 2022 disclosure to investors, prior to the company falling apart, it said that testing is completed for radiated emissions, materials and safety compliance for the majority of global markets they intended to enter. That leaves out intentional radiator compliance for which you can see their prototype controller label lacks an fcc id number.

Edited by mr_me

15 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

I don't like handhelds as a rule, much less black & white BUT...this little ditty has me tempted sometimes.  Just to support them.

Also, looks like they are up to about 70k more units than Trasharico has built, much less sold.... :)

Unfortunately, I love handhelds.  However, I believe I have enough of them and really shouldn't add another.  But, then again, it does offer games that other platforms don't, so there is that.  Maybe I will get one, maybe not.  But, either way, the Playdate has been a success and I am glad to see it.  There is something to be said for having niche gaming platforms and that you can stay on terra firma if you have realistic goals and ideas.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hwlngmad said:

Unfortunately, I love handhelds.  However, I believe I have enough of them and really shouldn't add another.  But, then again, it does offer games that other platforms don't, so there is that.  Maybe I will get one, maybe not.  But, either way, the Playdate has been a success and I am glad to see it.  There is something to be said for having niche gaming platforms and that you can stay on terra firma if you have realistic goals and ideas.

I would never begrudge anyone's success, but I still maintain that Playdate catching on and capturing public imagination, especially of those individuals who are outside the usual gaming core, was the ultimate fluke. There's simply no good argument to be made that a non-backlit black and white handheld with a crank as its gimmick should have been anything but a disaster. There have been plenty of these types of efforts in the past that have, at best, broken even, and, more typically, land with a thud. This has obviously gone way beyond that into something sustainable as an actual platform. Of course, 70,000 sold, while undeniably impressive, is still comparatively not that much, and it may be a challenge to break six figures, especially post initial hype. And then we don't really know how sustainable their game store is. It may be one of those Ouya situations where there's a lot of interest in the hardware and platform, but not a lot of interest in buying more games. Developers will make games for a platform for fun for a while, but if the revenue isn't there, that's not sustainable (keeping in mind I haven't seen game sales figures).

Again, I want to stress that it's nice to see their success. I just can't possibly imagine it being a model/example for anything going forward (other than relative competence in execution and marketing). It's a true one-off.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

The engineers only talked about fcc rf emissions compliance in the video, nothing about safety standards. While they can source UL tested batteries from suppliers, retailers would have required their device be UL/CE/CSA safety tested as well. In their 2022 disclosure to investors, prior to the company falling apart, it said that testing is completed for radiated emissions, materials and safety compliance for the majority of global markets they intended to enter. That leaves out intentional radiator compliance for which you can see their prototype controller label lacks an fcc id number.

Zcg1Ux.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I would never begrudge anyone's success, but I still maintain that Playdate catching on and capturing public imagination, especially of those individuals who are outside the usual gaming core, was the ultimate fluke. There's simply no good argument to be made that a non-backlit black and white handheld with a crank as its gimmick should have been anything but a disaster. There have been plenty of these types of efforts in the past that have, at best, broken even, and, more typically, land with a thud. This has obviously gone way beyond that into something sustainable as an actual platform. Of course, 70,000 sold, while undeniably impressive, is still comparatively not that much, and it may be a challenge to break six figures, especially post initial hype. And then we don't really know how sustainable their game store is. It may be one of those Ouya situations where there's a lot of interest in the hardware and platform, but not a lot of interest in buying more games. Developers will make games for a platform for fun for a while, but if the revenue isn't there, that's not sustainable (keeping in mind I haven't seen game sales figures).

Again, I want to stress that it's nice to see their success. I just can't possibly imagine it being a model/example for anything going forward (other than relative competence in execution and marketing). It's a true one-off.

Yeah, I would agree that the Playdate success has been a bit of a fluke.  But, conversely, I would say that it shows that one can do niche things in the gaming space and find success.  Granted, it would depend on one's definition of success.  Like you said, 70k or more units sold isn't that great of a number or anything.  However, Panic has stated that the Playdate has sold well beyond their expectations, so it is nice to see that we can have companies capable of producing lower volume devices and still find the success they need to keep in business and/or developing other products (such as Retro Games Ltd. for example).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rev said:

And the Bluetooth and/or any other wireless communication?  

When will the Amico NFT Blockchain we were “promised” get an official roll out?!!! 

Got your block and chain here. Screenshot_20240215_124544_Chrome.thumb.jpg.905d0ea7e378379bf5868a552daaeab2.jpg

pretty sure this was frequently used as a way to jostle ideas for Amico games at their office.

6 hours ago, Rev said:

Beefy, the sticker is real.   The info is fake!     Hahahaha

LMAO OMG YOU ARE RIGHT!

5 hours ago, frankodragon said:

He reminds me of Inky from the Pac-Man Saturday morning cartoons where he can't keep his hands out of his sheet.

image.thumb.png.29aba8262a10ff7bd5720ee6f1a777c6.png

Hands down their sheet sounds about how they got everything accomplished!

The winning continues!

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Juan-Capistrano/30971-Hunt-Club-Dr-92675/home/4910468

as this is public record I don’t think it violates rules but lemme know and I will take it down whilst chuckling. Remember kids: don’t steal money from mentally challenged people!

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Meh he'll have it all back in two years, you haters!

They are about to get Rocky up in this industry. I saw today where someone said they'd buy a controller for $250 because you couldn't find a phone for that price.....

I just can't even. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In all seriousness, I'd suggest that the address be redacted. While the information is, of course, a matter of public record, I don't think we want to go out of our way spreading it around. I've sat on it myself for a very long time even, precisely because I don't want someone to pull an "I know where you live" on him.

I don't think it'll be anyone from here, Reddit, or even the YouTubers who still take the odd potshot at the cult. However, his status as an internet lolcow is now sufficiently widespread that there's a distinct possibility that someone out there would.

19 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

In all seriousness, I'd suggest that the address be redacted. While the information is, of course, a matter of public record, I don't think we want to go out of our way spreading it around. I've sat on it myself for a very long time even, precisely because I don't want someone to pull an "I know where you live" on him.

I don't think it'll be anyone from here, Reddit, or even the YouTubers who still take the odd potshot at the cult. However, his status as an internet lolcow is now sufficiently widespread that there's a distinct possibility that someone out there would.

I’m fine with removing the post if y’all think it’s best. His house was such a part of his mythos I thought it was noteworthy but yeah I’m not trying to encourage creepers. Is there a way to edit that part out?

6 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

I’m fine with removing the post if y’all think it’s best. His house was such a part of his mythos I thought it was noteworthy but yeah I’m not trying to encourage creepers. Is there a way to edit that part out?

You could just take a screenshot of the page and go over the part that shows the address with a red pen, like this.

image.thumb.png.38ba41864ce3f3efd95c93df959237f7.png
I suspect that the cat is now out of the bag, in any case, as around 4000 people have already viewed the listing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

I don't think you are going to be able to edit without being an AA subscriber. If you can still edit it, just delete the link.

There are other things I'm aware of that I haven't shared publicly because it isn't relevant to Amico. It probably is a byproduct of the Amico and his terrible priority of putting 100% into the steaming dumpster fire of Amico.

11 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

You could just take a screenshot of the page and go over the part that shows the address with a red pen, like this.

image.thumb.png.38ba41864ce3f3efd95c93df959237f7.png
I suspect that the cat is now out of the bag, in any case, as around 4000 people have already viewed the listing.

It totally is. There's already been comparisons made with the not MTV Cribs video.

tommy_house.thumb.jpg.911a0d58809626e48301f8a89272c1f3.jpg

Not to mention this.

Edited by MrBeefy
Oh crap Smash mentioned some of it. 😳
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I don't think you are going to be able to edit without being an AA subscriber. If you can still edit it, just delete the link.

There are other things I'm aware of that I haven't shared publicly because it isn't relevant to Amico. It probably is a byproduct of the Amico and his terrible priority of putting 100% into the steaming dumpster fire of Amico.

I’m not a subscriber but if a mod wants to delete the post I’m fine. I understand the concern but figured since it was already out there it was okay. To me, it shows how much the Amico was really more about TT than the actual console. Also… return the refunds! 

• Like 2

At least it looks like he cleaned out most of crap he had taking up space in almost every room.  Oh, and the literal dog crap all over the floors! It doesn’t look like he is doing much work up in that room with the ceiling fan anymore.  I don’t see all the equipment he had up there in those realtor pictures.  His mom must be so proud!

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I saw today where someone said they'd buy a controller for $250 because you couldn't find a phone for that price

They actually said they would buy TWO of them to help Intellivision. 🙂 (even though $500 wouldn't even cover a month worth of salary)

Also, even though I don't really feel sorry for him (couldn't happen to a nicer guy, etc.), I find it really incredible how far it went and how everything (or at least most of it) could have been avoided if he had been less pretentious. There's clearly a big life lesson to learn, here. Karma Engine is a b**ch.

• Haha 5