IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

24 minutes ago, Special Teams said:

I wonder why TT's cousin didn't bail him out or at least give him a loan.  I haven't seen his name on anything.

Waiting for Aerosmith ROCK BAND exclusively on the Amico

100% compatible with the Intellivision Music Keyboard.

• Haha 2

On 7/22/2022 at 9:07 PM, mr_me said:

That's a promotional video not an event video, so they're capturing output for the video.  There's actually a promo video, a new years Astrosmash video where you can identify the actual hdmi splitter model and see where the input is coming from and where the outputs are going.

"Capturing output for the video" - because they can't do that prior to making this video, of course. PMSL!

The latest news is that he's back out of rehab and doing well.

Rumours that it was snorting two years worth of vital Amico components during a trip to their offices that caused him to fall off the wagon in the first place are probably unfounded though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, number6 said:

Sure. Just saying whether you use the term publicity or news any emotion (pick one) as a reaction is still a level above apathy.

If you reach apathy you're done.

I might add a parallel to the stages of grief too. There will always be people stuck in stage 1, particularly the denial aspect of that stage.

Well I would say that a majority of 3 billion casual gamers are pretty apathetic and don't care. 

I'd say ostracizing the few who did care was a very poor choice. Making a fan into someone wanting to watching the train wreck dumpster fire is working wonders. I've laughed quite a bit personally.

The Kubler Ross stage a majority of fans are left in are denial.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Well I would say that a majority of 3 billion casual gamers are pretty apathetic and don't care. 

I'd say ostracizing the few who did care was a very poor choice. Making a fan into someone wanting to watching the train wreck dumpster fire is working wonders. I've laughed quite a bit personally.

The Kubler Ross stage a majority of fans are left in are denial.

I was really talking about this community, not the 3 billion of course. Just saying while emotion (pick one) exists things carry on right?

Look at this thread as example. But when you hit apathy level, real apathy, it all vanishes.

Again, I've seen this before. Fans and detractors breeding lots of activity and eventually apathy when nothing happens.

I'm not sure how extended "quiet times" feed into this yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DVDfever said:

"Capturing output for the video" - because they can't do that prior to making this video, of course. PMSL!

You could do it that way, but if you want to use the footage seamlessly together, it should be captured at the same time.

54 minutes ago, number6 said:

I was really talking about this community, not the 3 billion of course. Just saying while emotion (pick one) exists things carry on right?

Look at this thread as example. But when you hit apathy level, real apathy, it all vanishes.

Again, I've seen this before. Fans and detractors breeding lots of activity and eventually apathy when nothing happens.

I'm not sure how extended "quiet times" feed into this yet.

Oh I know I just like joking about how no one knows about it despite what one of the investor talking parts was.

My comment about ostracized potential customers is still accurate IMO.

As far as quiet period I'd say it's an "Atari soon".

19 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Oh I know I just like joking about how no one knows about it despite what one of the investor talking parts was.

My comment about ostracized potential customers is still accurate IMO.

As far as quiet period I'd say it's an "Atari soon".

Dunno, but Evercade is the system where all the licensing talk is going on. We covered that way back in this thread.

3 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

OEB Pete just did a video about putting Amico games on Evercade.

Yes, but hopefully he's not basing anything on what I said, but on the interview with Evercade.

Amiga is not a system you see on all these other retro systems. ok? So when someone pokes at that one a bit to me it says they want to be different and offer even more variety.

Please don't assume that means they are talking to Intellivision. Just saying they seem to be interested in some things other systems have not shown as much interest in. ok?

30 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

It makes sense, but how does the Evercade hardware compare to Amico hardware?  Not really sure what the Evercade is using chipset wise. 

I can't answer that. But here is another advantage to doing this. Intent to use would become use, as "in commerce".

In other words it gives them some ammo for uspto and their trademark filings. I gotta believe they still want to get those tms registered. 

The evercade cpu is slower and only 32-bit.  Don't even know what it has for a gpu.  It's biggest problem would be ram, only 512 MB on the VS and 256 MB on the handheld.

I doubt they are too concerned about trademarks, the product comes out when it comes out, and if it doesn't than trademarks don't matter.

Edited by mr_me

36 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

It makes sense, but how does the Evercade hardware compare to Amico hardware?  Not really sure what the Evercade is using chipset wise. 

Considering it appears that some of the Amico games struggle with the Amico hardware, I think the Evercade is a no go. I think this is Pete just wishing really hard.

It is funny how he says the Amico games aren't really physical. ?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, number6 said:

I can't answer that. But here is another advantage to doing this. Intent to use would become use, as "in commerce".

In other words it gives them some ammo for uspto and their trademark filings. I gotta believe they still want to get those tms registered. 

Nah if they do it it would almost have to be on other consoles. The Evercade's RAM probably couldn't handle it.

22 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The evercade cpu is slower and only 32-bit.  Don't even know what it has for a gpu.  It's biggest problem would be ram, only 512 MB on the VS and 256 MB on the handheld.

I doubt they are too concerned about trademarks, the product comes out when it comes out, and if it doesn't than trademarks don't matter.

I never said "concerned". It's about the increased legal protection you get from registered vs slapping tm on anything.

23 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Nah if they do it it would almost have to be on other consoles. The Evercade's RAM probably couldn't handle it.

ok. looking at both you and mr_me here, if that's the case who breaks the news to Pete?

Edited by number6
spelling again
  • Like 2