IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

No, testing was done at the lab and we fixed some signals that were out of spec. If we went back for the final certification, it would have passed.

We fixed things that made it not pass.

If we went back, but we didn't retest.

Would have passed, meaning it has not passed yet.

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

• Like 1

This shows fcc testing was done by a testing lab not by themselves.

"... it passed the preliminary tests ..."

"... preliminary tests mean in-house testing before it went to the lab?"

"No, testing was done at the lab ..."

Or they fixed things to make it pass.  Last summer on video their engineer said they passed fcc rf emissions testing.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

What makes you think I want one.  I'm not a believer, I'm just making comments.  We have two engineers that say they passed fcc certification tests.  Don't understand why people are saying it's an issue.  Could they be lying, possibly, but there's no evidence to support that.

Well people have already presented evidence that indicates they lied, assuming they actually claimed to have passed it like you said they have.

If you choose to not believe it, so be it. Just like those that ignored Intellivision's SEC filing from the StartEngine campaign and continued to believe everything was all sunshine & rainbows over at Intellivision.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pink said:

Well people have already presented evidence that indicates they lied, assuming they actually claimed to have passed it like you said they have.

If you choose to not believe it, so be it. Just like those that ignored Intellivision's SEC filing from the StartEngine campaign and continued to believe everything was all sunshine & rainbows over at Intellivision.

If you need to know how to use the mute button I can tell you. It does wonders for eliminating bad takes from conversations, or perpetuate lies and misinformation. 

I used mute with TT and there would be like pages of threads to skip. It was quite funny. I heard he was thermonuclear butthurt that I wouldn't respond to him, but it was hard to when I didn't care to know he was talking to me. ?

Looks like I'm gonna give it another workout!

15 minutes ago, Pink said:

What's the evidence that they lied about fcc testing?  Their engineer is on video on their youtube channel.

Edited by mr_me
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, mr_me said:

What's the evidence that they lied about fcc testing?  Their engineer is on video on their youtube channel.

You can go back and reread the last couple pages of this thread, i'm going to go in circle and regurgitate stuff others have already said and play mind games with you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

If you need to know how to use the mute button I can tell you. It does wonders for eliminating bad takes from conversations, or perpetuate lies and misinformation. 

I used mute with TT and there would be like pages of threads to skip. It was quite funny. I heard he was thermonuclear butthurt that I wouldn't respond to him, but it was hard to when I didn't care to know he was talking to me. ?

Tom and Mr Me can’t be wrong. They must never loose an argument no matter how flimsy their defense.

The only evidence I need to present….

Exhibit A: working Atari VCS which passed FCC certs, made available to purchase, and played.

Exhibit B: Here we have nothing, which perfectly encapsulates INTV Amico.

92AAF347-ED06-4F30-93CF-8F17D738CB90.jpeg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

I'd just see the FCC thing as a bit like their forthcoming bankruptcy. Even if it's not happened yet, we know that it's going to have to before mass production could start. ?

I surprised no one is asking why they have no intention to sell the console?

Really think about it. They continued to burn through money and salaries and have showed zero intent to sell the console via no FCC certs. ?

Well really I'm not surprised because so many for the longest time loved having wool pulled over their eyes. Some still do.  ??

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Tom and Mr Me can’t be wrong. They must never loose an argument no matter how flimsy their defense.

The only evidence I need to present….

Exhibit A: working Atari VCS which passed FCC certs, made available to purchase, and played.

Exhibit B: Here we have nothing, which perfectly encapsulates INTV Amico.

92AAF347-ED06-4F30-93CF-8F17D738CB90.jpeg

I hope you got it on sale.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

But a working, functional product one can buy…not bloviate on and on and on about 

Wait didn't you hear? An employee said Amico was going to release on 10/10/2020. Therefore it did. Ignore any evidence that points that it didn't come out. It did because an employee said it's launch date was 10/10/2020. ?

In all seriousness, that isn't a terrible amount you have in it. Even if Amivo launched the VCS was going to be more viable of a product long term strictly for the sandbox mode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Im getting ready to hit the ignore button as well on someone, first time ive ever used it here. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matt_B said:

Also, whenever I look at the download charts, there are always a few games up there that are thoroughly unremarkable but selling well. It might be because they've got nice cover art, are at a massive discount or just got memed hard somewhere but it sure isn't anything in the gameplay. That might not be the level of success that Intellivision were shooting for, but it's probably the best they could hope for right now.

Yeah, I've seen $9.99 games discounted at $0.99 at launch. ? Honestly that's the kind of thing that tells me I should avoid it, but it seems to work.

8 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

All they had in abundance was an over confident, incompetent CEO.

I respectfully disagree and must tell you you're misinformed; this is only 50% correct.

You forgot they also have forgiving fans and a mr_me. ?

7 hours ago, mr_me said:

Then you're saying their engineer lied, because he said they passed last summer.

Wouldn't that be something?™️

5 hours ago, Rev said:

Closest thing to an actual good theme is Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain.

If the sound design from the Night Stalker trailer was actually a placeholder™️ (which means stolen assets), I'll be very pissed off.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

@1980gamer 

If this is supposed to link to something, it does not?

I was at one of the Boston events.  I can tell you for certain, the consoles are self contained.  No laptops or other external devices.

I watched one get turned on, boot up, games be selected and played.

These are real and looked very complete and ready to go.  I of course have no knowledge of cloud services.  However, games were added to consoles at the event.

Also, do not underestimate the controllers.  They are very nice, comfortable and responsive.

My wife is not a gamer, however, she likes board games like CLUE etc.  The controller is perfect for such a game. (no idea if it would ever be available, but you get the idea )

My family plays PITCH and Spades etc.  Again. Controllers are great for this too.

Of course, I played games like astrosmash.  They worked great for action games too.  Also, if you are an original Astrosmash player, hyper space was random, with this version, you can swipe the screen in the length, direction you want to hyperspace too.  However, as a penalty, your ship is "powered down" for maybe half a second after hyper spacing.  So you cannot just ZIP back and forth across the screen.

For a game like Evel Knievel, the rocket launch uses the angle you turn your controller, this could be done with analog sticks, less fun of course.  But the game itself, I liked the controller movement for this.

Everyone will have a personal preference of course.  If we didn't, life would be pretty bland.....  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rev said:

FYI, Failed means not passed.   if it passed, it would say so on the FCC website.  I know it is hard to fathom. 

Who said it failed?  Two of their engineers said it passed fcc tests, nobody said they filed for fcc certification.

"... it passed the preliminary tests ..."

Edit:

An authorised fcc certification lab is a third party organisation.  You can contract them to do fcc testing without the expense of submitting for certification.  This is typically done during development.  You wouldn't necessarily submit for certification until you have a production ready prototype.  You don't have a production ready prototype until you've gone through pre-production.  They've had lots of prototypes and they may have a final design prototype but until it goes through pre-production and testing it's not ready for the production of consumer units.  And of course it could have failed preliminary testing prior to passing.

Edited by mr_me

4 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Who said it failed?  Two of their engineers said it passed fcc tests, nobody said they filed for fcc certification.

"... it passed the preliminary tests ..."

You should have initially stated something like "two of their engineers said it passed FCC tests", rather than "it passed FCC tests"... need to be clearer about sources and proof.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are accusing a couple of their engineers of lying you should have some evidence.  And the lack of it showing up in the fcc database is not evidence especially when their engineer specifically said (through reddit) they did not submit for fcc certification after passing preliminary testing.

Edited by mr_me

13 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

They have piles of Oof bucks and coins. Unfortunately, IE is the only one who recognizes Oof currency.

No wonder why TT fought for the rights to Oof. This way if things didn't work out they could rename the console! ?

• Haha 2

As I understand, the jurisdiction of the FCC is limited to the United States.

If a product has failed to receive FCC certification, is there anything to prevent it being sold in other countries where FCC certification is not required? Obviously the market is smaller, but presumably some sales revenue is better than none. 

For example, back in the 1980s, there was a car manufacturer in Mexico that was unable to export their cars to the US because of admissions standards, etc. They did secure a distributor in Canada, however, as the rules here were different. 

11 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Some people like mental gymnastics as opposed to facts. Some will still believe that the FCC isn't accurate and they've passed.

The idea of parsimony is lost on some. It isn't on the FCC site because they didn't pass. The engineer (quit in June 2022) said it didn't pass.

So that must mean. OMG YOU GAMING RACIST WE TOTALLY PASSED FCC AND FCC ARE JUST A BUNCH OF HATERS GATEKEEPING BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO POST THE RESULTS THAT WE TOTALLY PASSED!  ??

If I'm wrong or way off base I'm sure someone like @kevtris could put in his input. 

image.jpeg.9619ac88c8b3ff21159c88f3261a1c17.jpeg

Sorry, I couldn't resist! ?

Edited by atarifan88
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, jhd said:

As I understand, the jurisdiction of the FCC is limited to the United States.

If a product has failed to receive FCC certification, is there anything to prevent it being sold in other countries where FCC certification is not required? Obviously the market is smaller, but presumably some sales revenue is better than none. 

For example, back in the 1980s, there was a car manufacturer in Mexico that was unable to export their cars to the US because of admissions standards, etc. They did secure a distributor in Canada, however, as the rules here were different. 

Yep. And In Europe RoHS compliance is a thing. Again from experience, you can be good to go here but not there.

RoHS compliance

• Like 1