IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

53 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I wonder if he's got the smell of the inside of Tommy's rectum out of his creepstash yet?

Thanks man - you sent me into a coughing fit with this, so bad I scared my bird and dog.  I couldn't tell the wife why.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Posting this new email here only because I think it's relevant to the concept of trying to resurrect an old brand in a clumsy manner for the modern era:

image.thumb.png.7edb71a0a782bd3fa2b9bf32fe14b81f.png

Upon first announcement, I thought it was a REALLY bad idea. The full arcade now STARTS at $1900 and the control panel-only version (with a simple piano stand) starts at $900 (both of which are reduced from when this was first announced). It looks to be good quality, and I'm sure it works more or less as expected, but this landed with the expected thud. Now, the wording in the email just sounds desperate. I actively feel bad for them.

Kudos, of course, for delivering on a vision and producing an actual product, but this is another case of "Amico." I just don't get how these people/companies can evaluate the market, potential market, etc., and release products like these. It's like the Piko-centric handheld not acknowledging the existence of the Evercade.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Posting this new email here only because I think it's relevant to the concept of trying to resurrect an old brand in a clumsy manner for the modern era:

image.thumb.png.7edb71a0a782bd3fa2b9bf32fe14b81f.png

Upon first announcement, I thought it was a REALLY bad idea. The full arcade now STARTS at $1900 and the control panel-only version (with a simple piano stand) starts at $900 (both of which are reduced from when this was first announced). It looks to be good quality, and I'm sure it works more or less as expected, but this landed with the expected thud. Now, the wording in the email just sounds desperate. I actively feel bad for them.

Kudos, of course, for delivering on a vision and producing an actual product, but this is another case of "Amico." I just don't get how these people/companies can evaluate the market, potential market, etc., and release products like these. It's like the Piko-centric handheld not acknowledging the existence of the Evercade.

I’ve never heard of this. But, man, I can’t imagine a whinier ad.

It has an old game system name on it. So someone will buy it based on that alone.

Here is a great example as to the demographic for these things. An old lonely man who has to pipe in noise to attempt to make it seem like he isn't alone shittily playing shitty Amico Home cornhole. 

Tommy really knew how to pick them. I think Tommy mistook those likely to lock children up in a basement with family oriented.

I know it's a hard distinction to make...

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.e477c3a068c19b3a2ae742267d30af31.gif

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, frankodragon said:

It's just like an episode of Twilight Zone, only much more boring.

I don't want to health shame, but like I commented on Reddit, it's concerning that he appears to have gotten winded from a few virtual cornhole throws.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 6:41 PM, Saldo said:

Also, Atari didn’t buy the Amico.  They didn’t kill it, Tommy ran that into the ground.

On 9/15/2024 at 2:57 AM, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

And Phil finished it!

What?

I thought us Haters killed it!!

Some AtariAgers* and Pat & Ian!

*Some,  if not Many of you folks right here!  I'm also gonna pretend that I had a hand in its inevitable demise...Just give me this, ha!  (In reality I'd tuned out for lots of it due to lack of interest and not really wanting to hear about the "data" and "market research"...but YEAH MAN!  I was there!!  As sure as a plumber stomps a turtle!

• Haha 1

PS  Speaking of Plumbers & Turtles;  I wonder if Tommy's "Good Friend" Shiggy ever wanted to buy Amico so he could put out a "Family Friendly" console for a change?...Maybe Tommy could throw in some free Amico sound FX that Shiggy could program a whole game around....