IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

23 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Crowdfunding can mean many different things, funding the project purely from customer orders as in a kickstarter for example.  It can also mean funding through equity investments or revenue share investment. The "they said not crowdfunding" argument is misrepresenting what was said. The context of what was said, talking about customers, wanting customers to try it before buying, they were clearly talking about kickstarter crowdfunding.  Not many are aware of equity investment or revenue share investing as crowdfunding, I wasn't.  Surely they were expected to raise money through investors.

We know what they meant by "No Crowdfunding" and so did you.  You don't have to always find some other interpretation of what someone said.  

"We are absolutely not asking for crowdfunding."  

"We don't want to ask for anyone's money until they had a chance to play the games, crazy concept I know!"  Was Tommy's own words.  

Looks like Tommy has since removed that video.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I will not sugar coat it, the "It's only $100" camp are part of the problem and I find it to be a very selfish take considering the people who are still trying to get a refund.   

They are enabling the next jackwagon to do the same thing. It's also a coping mechanism.

20 minutes ago, rayik said:

That is incorrectly representing what they said.

They repeatedly said it is not "crowdfunding."

Yup specifically said we will not use crowdfunding. They lied. Funny enough they were initially going to use Kickstarter instead of StartEngine for their last round of crowdfunding.

"We messed up and wasted other people's money. We are here to Kickstart to get them made and shipped. We know this is a bad idea which is why we don't want to use our money, and want to waste yours instead. Thank you for giving us more money to burn." - Team at Intellivision

I'm glad they didn't get anything from StartEngine. They have wasted enough people's money, and scammed them into thinking it was further along than it was. If they believe in it they should put up the money themselves. Their lack of keeping refund monies safe showed they had no real intent of refunds being 100% refundable.

13 minutes ago, rayik said:

@Flojomojo  I still can't believe you got booted out of MrBeefy's independent thread for your "Chief Ego Officer" statement.  

Kind of amazing when in post #1929 this was said without a public peep by the mods or a boot from the thread:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/301105-independent-amico-discussion-thread/page/78/

It's interesting going through that in retrospect isn't it? Did you know that if I remember correctly that was the third attempt to have an Amico discussion thread that wasn't tied to the salesman telling you how to think.

It is funny how entrenched some people are that they were strictly in that thread to attack me and some others (they wanted threads locked). Time has shown that they ended up being the ones who backed a troll who was quite the liar and innept at being able to deliver anything he promised on.

The CEO knew his product was so bad that he had to control the narrative.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

We know what they meant by "No Crowdfunding" and so did you.  You don't have to always find some other interpretation of what someone said.  

"We don't want to ask for anyone's money until they had a chance to play the games, crazy concept I know!"  Was Tommy's own words.  

Exactly, equity investing, revenue share investing, financing through lenders doesn't involve customers putting down money.  Preorders were optional, nobody was required to put down a deposit to get an Amico.  With other projects it's the only way to get the product.

Edit:

That video was from June 2018, it wasn't removed.  Their plan was to release with high volume production, inventory, mall tours, etc.  Play it and then decide if it suits you.

Edited by mr_me

13 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

The internet never forgets. Word of honor..... what a joke. Word of BS is more like it. Enjoy the clip!

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxjr0sm8aIkWYY4mAWgi0aMKiI_AVnhqIi

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

The internet never forgets. Word of honor..... what a joke. Word of BS is more like it. Enjoy the clip!

ooof lol what a mess!!!  Pretty unfortunate that all of this has played out the way it has.  I was of the opinion that this would see the light of day and the new VCS would be the vaporware.......how very wrong I was!!  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

It is funny how entrenched some people are that they were strictly in that thread to attack me and some others (they wanted threads locked)

I'm sorry but you are mistaken.  They were engaged in a respectful discussion  It's just that others could not be respectful and polite.  :)

Edited by rayik
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Words are important. It could have been simply stated:

"We are not currently crowd funding, but we are keeping that option open."

Edited by number6
spelling
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

Multiple engineers said they passed fcc testing.  They also said they didn't submit for fcc certification. And yes they should do that prior to mass production.  As far as we know they haven't started production of commercial units.  Last we heard they were producing test units.  If they are satisfied with those, one of those test units can be submitted for fcc certification.  Still there are a number of factors into going to manufacturing.  They said they don't want to produce a few thousand units without the ability to ramp up to retailer orders.  So there's still uncertainty about production.

Correct, FCC is still not passed or certified. You are spot on as always. 

2105FA08-1BDE-4084-AEC4-B5A1476B8D48.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gaterooze. All those Amico game clones you made in a day or so. Where is a link or a place to play them?  

Realistically for the average Amico game, say shark shark or skiing, how long should it of taken them to make them and how many people for the quality they are?   We keep hearing that the “games are not done”.    But yet you whipped up playable clones of them in a day.   How is it possible?  

Also, when will your Night Stalker clone be completed??

Thats the only game I really wanted!   

50 minutes ago, number6 said:

They could have said we are not doing kickstarter style, rewards based crowdfunding.  That's to distinguish it from equity based or revenue share investment crowdfunding, although I doubt people were thinking of that.  Even if four years after that, after their troubles raising funding, lets say they were to do a Kickstarter.  Would that really be an issue for you.

36 minutes ago, Rev said:

Correct, FCC is still not passed or certified. You are spot on as always. 

No, they reportedly had a prototype that passed fcc testing and is therefore compliant.  Did they submit for certification, not that we know of.

What should not be lost on all this minutia is the fact that Tom started a thread, which had millions of views by the way, on the most definitive classic gaming site on the internet about his upcoming product. A product with a retro name/heritage and, at the time of announcing….a retro vision.

Whats unfolded is no console, money spent, squandered and stolen. How any of this gets a pass from folks is beyond me. Abhorrent behavior on both sides, and now we’ve all been ghosted.

Sad ending for Intellivisions legacy ? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mr_me said:

They could have said we are not doing kickstarter style, rewards based crowdfunding.  That's to distinguish it from equity based or revenue share investment crowdfunding, although I doubt people were thinking of that.  Even if four years after that, after their troubles raising funding, lets say they were to do a Kickstarter.  Would that really be an issue for you.

No, they reportedly had a prototype that passed fcc testing and is therefore compliant.  Did they submit for certification, not that we know of.

You are correct again, the Amico FCC certification is not approved or passed as per the official FCC website. 

356D62B0-A5FD-49D5-B846-D753BCADCFF2.jpeg

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

What should not be lost on all this minutia is the fact that Tom started a thread, which had millions of views by the way, on the most definitive classic gaming site on the internet about his upcoming product. A product with a retro name/heritage and, at the time of announcing….a retro vision.

Whats unfolded is no console, money spent, squandered and stolen. How any of this gets a pass from folks is beyond me. Abhorrent behavior on both sides, and now we’ve all been ghosted.

Sad ending for Intellivisions legacy ? 

Pick any topic. Collect every word spoken for vids currently available, deleted vids, and all social media relating to that topic including forums.

I guarantee you nothing was expressed in the exact same terms twice. You all know this.

So, a startup makes a decision early on and this "interactive ceo" role is enacted. Not long after it becomes apparent that this was not the best idea. Frankly there was no way at that point to go back in time and take a different approach. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, number6 said:

Words are just semantics, it's the message that matters.  No matter what words he picked, what he's saying is clear, 

he's claiming he is not going to use consumer's money to fund development.  He specifically switches from "not going to ask anyone any consumer for their money" because he was willing to take investment (in any form I'd say).  Preorder money went again this somewhat, but I'd lean toward this was honest optimism at this point and he didn't start lying and scamming until the delays started and they clearly knew they had major problems and were nowhere near putting anything out but kept taking people's money, pretended no major trouble, release was just around the corner and viciously attacked anyone who claimed major delays or problems.

Edited by crade
Posted before it was ready..
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rev said:

You are correct again, the Amico FCC certification is not approved or passed as per the official FCC website. 

356D62B0-A5FD-49D5-B846-D753BCADCFF2.jpeg

10 Check FCC web site for certification

20 Wait 15 minutes

30 If no certification, then go to 10

40 Celebration party on the launchpad

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, crade said:

Words are just semantics, it's the message that matters.  No matter what words he picked, what he's saying is clear, 

he's claiming he is not going to use consumer's money to fund development.  He specifically switches from "not going to ask anyone any consumer for their money" because he was willing to take investment.  Preorder money went again this somewhat, but I'd lean toward this was honest intent at this point and he didn't start lying through his teeth until the delays started when they knew they were nowhere near putting anything out and kept trying to trick people into thinking it was months away to get funding

I do not disagree with your take at all. I hope you realize most of what I post simply illustrates what "he" says vs an alternative that might have gone over better if there had been an actual public relations officer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarioMan88 said:

Abhorrent behavior on both sides, and now we’ve all been ghosted.

Oh Jesus not a “both dudes are bad” argument. Really? You know what was abhorrent? Stealing peoples money. Using stolen assets. Taking advantage of mentally challenged people to build a private internet army. Trying to take over Atari Age and turning it into a weird TT/MAGA space. Lying to investors.

You know what’s not abhorrent? People in a forum taking about this stuff. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, number6 said:

I do not disagree with your take at all. I hope you realize most of what I post simply illustrates what "he" says vs an alternative that might have gone over better if there had been an actual public relations officer.

Tommy wasn't a good face of the company for sure.  He comes across as a used car salesman or an infomercial most of the time.
I just felt he crossed the line into scamming when they clearly knew internally the project was years away from even a chance of release and worked to hide it from everyone and viciously attacked anyone pointing to evidence of it

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, crade said:

Tommy wasn't a good face of the company for sure.  He comes across as a used car salesman or an infomercial most of the time.
I just felt he crossed the line into scamming when they clearly knew internally the project was years away from even a chance of release and worked to hide it from everyone and viciously attacked anyone pointing to evidence of it

There will always be a segment saying "bad concept from the getgo". But the pro/anti aspect netwide was surely fueled by this and could have been lessened with a different "face". Who here would argue that?

To be clear, the project itself is a different topic. I'm just saying the issue got -compounded- through the choice of how to communicate through the interactive ceo.

Edited by number6
changed avoided to lessened