IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

3 hours ago, Rev said:

Oof…..So Amico isnt going to have in-game purchases but its ok to pay 1.00 pay to have oof in your Roblox game on other platforms?     

What would these “other paid sounds” be?  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/62317700

74C17B2C-EDB3-4B24-AF27-F6EB3E1FB963.jpeg

So it was probably removed after he whined for more money and they told him to kick rocks, which is probably the correct thing to do.

I don't think he's ever proved they used it illegally, and it was Joey Kuras that created the sound. Him saying he was the creator of Oof is factually inaccurate.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Yeah the first CEO should have been outed a long time before he was. That involves other people digging that hole and allowing him to continue to steer that bus for the cliff. They just waited too long to do it and even though they got a new driver the momentum is still going to take them over the edge.

It doesn't help that the new driver was on the crew of the SS Chameleon. 

• Haha 1

I just want to say I’m SO happy we can talk about this stuff once more. I wonder when the next retro console “game changer” will come along and inundate this forum with Stans again. I’m excited to be told I’m not a real fan of gaming from someone who joined the forum yesterday :)

On topic, is the quiet period still happening? Weren’t they gonna update again in June?

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Rev said:

You said Oof, that’ll be one Roblox buck buddy. 

13 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

He did not say it, he typed it ... and I would be extremely surprised if anyone could TM/(R) one of the Out Of Office abbreviations.

Yeah, seems like it goes back to 1777, so should be public domain by now.

Oof.thumb.jpg.e3bb1bb6fba8e5e7c7edc5e7a78012ce.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

I just want to say I’m SO happy we can talk about this stuff once more. I wonder when the next retro console “game changer” will come along and inundate this forum with Stans again. I’m excited to be told I’m not a real fan of gaming from someone who joined the forum yesterday :)

On topic, is the quiet period still happening? Weren’t they gonna update again in June?

No news is good news! We are finally on the launchpad and even the FCC is passed.

Now back to the Gulags with you gaming racist drunken podcasting troll!  ?

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

They did. It essentially said, we're going to make some test units to give to influencers, and no refunds unless we get more investment. It also hilariously said their "resources are focused on engineering and testing to ensure we have a quality system", and touted their "immediate focus on value engineering and hardening of the platform" - y'know, that thing they said was complete and ready to launch 2 years ago...

Note that was 8 weeks ago, and they said those test units "should be completed in the next few weeks", so... um...

Edited by gaterooze_ink
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2

I think a lot of those "Stans" were probably astroturfers who worked for the company. Did any of them stick around?

8 minutes ago, Rev said:

Couldnt the Roblox company make their own new “oof” sound then and just use that?  

They can and did. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

The irony being that there are genuinely impressive retro consoles, and retro hacks for mainstream consoles, coming out practically every few months but none of those jokers would ever notice them on account of them not having an orphaned logo from forty years ago plastered on the front.

2 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Yeah, the quiet period ended a few months ago. They're back to just blanking everyone when questioned about what progress is being made now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matt_B said:

The irony being that there are genuinely impressive retro consoles, and retro hacks for mainstream consoles, coming out practically every few months but none of those jokers would ever notice them on account of them not having an orphaned logo from forty years ago plastered on the front.

Or getting mad that for the same price the Switch has the same type of games but can do more.

That's why it was funny to see the YTers say their brains had been blown by Amico games. If you had played games within the past two decades you would know those type of games are available now, on modern consoles, with multi-player.

Take out the name Intellivision and remove the names of old IPs and people would have been saying it was shovelware garbage.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Or getting mad that for the same price the Switch has the same type of games but can do more.

That's why it was funny to see the YTers say their brains had been blown by Amico games. If you had played games within the past two decades you would know those type of games are available now, on modern consoles, with multi-player.

Take out the name Intellivision and remove the names of old IPs and people would have been saying it was shovelware garbage.

What a jaw dropping statement.

• Haha 1