IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

20 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The millions of dollars Republic investors put into the company, that is being referred to here, has nothing to do with Atariage.

In the original Q&A thread, Tommy discussed Fig/Republic during the active campaign timeline. This included more than 800 words about it in a single reply alone. He also answered questions by those who expressed possible interest in investing. At a minimum AA was used as a promotional outlet to further spread the word about those campaigns. I'd be surprised if there weren't any additional investors that originated from conversations with Tommy at AA. 

image.thumb.png.189f7bb2c96b27ed280ae69bced858f0.png

image.thumb.png.a48dd14161dfcd4ea9809611794afbad.png

image.thumb.png.44ae922da736a71241b77db65f00d409.png

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

In the original Q&A thread, Tommy discussed Fig/Republic during the active campaign timeline. This included more than 800 words about it in a single reply alone. He also answered questions by those who expressed possible interest in investing. At a minimum AA was used as a promotional outlet to further spread the word about those campaigns. I'd be surprised if there weren't any additional investors that originated from conversations with Tommy at AA. 

image.thumb.png.189f7bb2c96b27ed280ae69bced858f0.png

image.thumb.png.a48dd14161dfcd4ea9809611794afbad.png

image.thumb.png.44ae922da736a71241b77db65f00d409.png

Do you think they are still impressed?

?

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Do you think they are still impressed?

?

Some investors may be.  When and what was stated in the last Fig/Republic investor updates?   For all they know everything is on track. These investors really should watch where they invest, bitcoin would of seen a better return. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

They all violate atariage guidelines and making accusations like that about good people doesn't help.

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. I didn’t accuse anybody of anything- it’s all public like 10 pages back. A random user TOLD me he complained about me, then insulted me personally and then said we shouldn’t talk about this anymore. I asked him if he was an investor or otherwise connected with TT (because I honestly don’t get why anyone else would care- I asked 1980Gamer the same thing and he replied with honesty) and he never responded and hasn’t been on the board since. So someone shows up, quashes Amico talk, insults a member, and leaves. Kind of fits the pattern.  Would that fit the “astroturfing” description?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, orange808 said:

I would argue that good investment is about storing your wealth and shielding it from inflation. Making a little extra is gravy. Shopping for unreal returns or investing with your heart is the road to regret.

So you are saying Amico is NOT FOR YOU!

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Rev said:

Some investors may be.  When and what was stated in the last Fig/Republic investor updates?   For all they know everything is on track. These investors really should watch where they invest, bitcoin would of seen a better return. 

June 10th

Screenshot_20220803-154855_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1f20c3c4151482b28d5548a0068c9e7f.jpg

6 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. I didn’t accuse anybody of anything- it’s all public like 10 pages back. A random user TOLD me he complained about me, then insulted me personally and then said we shouldn’t talk about this anymore. I asked him if he was an investor or otherwise connected with TT (because I honestly don’t get why anyone else would care- I asked 1980Gamer the same thing and he replied with honesty) and he never responded and hasn’t been on the board since. So someone shows up, quashes Amico talk, insults a member, and leaves. Kind of fits the pattern.  Would that fit the “astroturfing” description?

You accused me of being an "Amico cultist." Then some other people posted references to cults. Does that jog your memory?

Here's what I posted in July:

On 7/11/2022 at 7:28 PM, mthompson said:

Hey, make fun of Amico to your heart's content, but since you asked, I reported both of your posts in your thread because I found them vulgar and way over the line. Apparently, the moderators agreed.

I don't think I'm a random user, and I didn't say not to talk about Amico anymore. If I insulted you, I'm genuinely sorry. I'm on the AtariAge Intellivision forum all the time, but I choose not to get into pissing matches. Enjoy the echo chamber. 

44 minutes ago, Rev said:

https://republic.com/intellivision-amico

Phil Adam turned off comments on that post. The next most recent update was six months prior, when the now-former CEO spat out all their press releases and promotional content, including this little gem:

As we progress and accomplish goals in the production phase of manufacturing, we want to share one of our recent achievements as we navigate our initial release date for 2022.

I have no idea what he means by that word salad ... he certainly implies they were in production, but maybe to "accomplish goals in the production phase of manufacturing" is just a hedge. Equally puzzling is how they "navigate our initial release date for 2022." How do you navigate a release date? And wasn't the "initial" one in 2020? 

Does anyone know a good word for the feeling of "really disgusted by this yet can't look away?" Because that's how I feel. 

• Like 6

I've been called a wife beater, people claiming I'm randos on the internet, and a few other things here on AA.

I think we should all bond over some Amico Farkle. I can bring some smoked pork if others want to get the sides. Anyone here have an Amico so they can host?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Repugnant?

No, no ... that doesn't fit. I'm really quite dashing. Think Anson Mount but who doesn't say no to an extra slice of pizza. 

the feeling of disgust mixed with the compulsion to keep watching ... maybe a long German noun where they smush many ideas together?

I'm not a native speaker but maybe Emfindungabscheuneugier would work ... it has that fitting "dung" right in the middle, too. ?

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Flojomojo said:

No, no ... that doesn't fit. I'm really quite dashing. Think Anson Mount but who doesn't say no to an extra slice of pizza. 

the feeling of disgust mixed with the compulsion to keep watching ... maybe a long German noun where they smush many ideas together?

I'm not a native speaker but maybe Emfindungabscheuneugier would work ... it has that fitting "dung" right in the middle, too. ?

Words With Amici, CONFIRMED for Amico. Developed by Flojomojo.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

June 10th

Screenshot_20220803-154855_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1f20c3c4151482b28d5548a0068c9e7f.jpg

This is classic Amico.   Start off number 1 with a blatant lie.   They decided to pull down their investment campaign a lot like Tommy decided to not post on Atari Age anymore or they decided to get all Amico talk banned from the oldest and most active Intellivision Facebook group. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mthompson said:

on the AtariAge Intellivision forum all the time, but I choose not to get into pissing matches. Enjoy the echo chamber. 

I’m not sure where the heat is coming from. I mean yeah this is probably an echo chamber but so was TTs forum. If anything this is a direct reaction to that. Also, who cares? Companies don’t have feelings and nothing we say on here will impact anyone’s sales or lives (unlike, say, stealing money from disadvantaged people). If you wanted to post a positive Amico thoughts thread I wouldn’t be upset if people there didn’t wanna go negative- it’s okay yo gave different takes on things. Look at the VCS threads for example. I was SUPER negative about that but am now at the point where if it hits 99 USD again I’d pick one up- I like the retro reimagined series as well. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

if it hits 99 USD again I’d pick one up

I'd not followed the VCS closely but managed to grab the VCS with two controllers for $99 and it's certainly worth every penny of that. Grab one extra classic controller for old Atari titles and knowing you can sync any modern controller as well, and it makes for fun couch coop. I was impressed by their customer service too when a game charge occurred twice, I reported the problem on a Sunday and they responded both in the Facebook group and in email to immediately refund the difference.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

I’m not sure where the heat is coming from. I mean yeah this is probably an echo chamber but so was TTs forum. If anything this is a direct reaction to that. Also, who cares? Companies don’t have feelings and nothing we say on here will impact anyone’s sales or lives (unlike, say, stealing money from disadvantaged people). If you wanted to post a positive Amico thoughts thread I wouldn’t be upset if people there didn’t wanna go negative- it’s okay yo gave different takes on things. Look at the VCS threads for example. I was SUPER negative about that but am now at the point where if it hits 99 USD again I’d pick one up- I like the retro reimagined series as well. 

The all inclusive or all in?  whatever it is called is a great deal for $100 bucks.

I was disappointed in the 2600 style joystick, It is comfortable, I just didn't find it to be very accurate.  I really need to play it more to give true feedback.  

It was a blowout price. I think VCS is sold out now (like the speaker hats at Best Buy too) and unlikely to get another production run. 

I still think it was a silly idea but they DID deliver, eventually, and it seems to have its fans. 

I like the Recharged games too, especially the fact that you can play them on anything. I’ve even double-dipped on Centipede to have it on both Switch and Centipede. 

Make good products, and the fans will follow! No need to pay up front to demonstrate your loyalty or love, though.

SO TRUE: Companies aren’t people. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

It was a blowout price. I think VCS is sold out now (like the speaker hats at Best Buy too) and unlikely to get another production run. 

I still think it was a silly idea but they DID deliver, eventually, and it seems to have its fans. 

I like the Recharged games too, especially the fact that you can play them on anything. I’ve even double-dipped on Centipede to have it on both Switch and Centipede. 

Make good products, and the fans will follow! No need to pay up front to demonstrate your loyalty or love, though.

SO TRUE: Companies aren’t people. 

Yeah part of the problem is someone made it about themselves, because the product wasn't strong enough to be the spotlight...

• Haha 9