IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

47 minutes ago, Lathe26 said:

I recommend someone search the big archived Amico thread.  If that isn't the location of first place it was used, it will be close in time to when it was.

At least February 9th 2020, but this makes it seem it's normal talk by then.

Screenshot_20220802-115628_Chrome.thumb.jpg.86a4308be759d0e6fc9bedfed7694ae6.jpgScreenshot_20220802-115641_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6c849cd184d7f6c66eca3a501aced7dd.jpg

Poor Shawn just wanted to see a board around this time. ? 

https://amicoage.neocities.org/290.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rev said:

I dont know a single persons name that works for the Evercade company (or any console startup), dont know what car they drive when giving guys from the internet rides, dont know where or what the Evercade office looks like, have no idea how they financed Evercade, nor do I care. See a pattern?

Yes, but do they have FCC certs? Car shaped like a hot dog? $150M line of credit? Woodgrain? Foot-friendly console shape?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

Dear Boeing,

My family is planning a trip and one of the planes is a 737 Max 8.  Is it safe to fly?

Have you corrected the stall software?

Can the pilot override it, if the plane thinks it should dive on takeoff?

Have you corrected the battery issues?

Can we expect open an honest feedback?

Because someone creates a list of questions...  You expect someone to answer them?  And on your required timeline?

I am certain the engineers at Boeing are telling friends and family to stay away from the MAX 8   but I don't expect the CEO to tell people that.

Just like you all, I come here looking for news / updates.  I just don't cry when no new info is available.

Has Boeing taken money for tickets but not built the plane for people to ride on?

• Like 1

Just now, Rev said:

Wasnt the FB questions planned by IE?   As in everyone ask questions and then they get answered.   

I believe so in a way. 

Just don't ask about refunds. That question has a tendency to get people banned.

Really the two questions should be,

"Do you have a plan?" If yes this is the next one.

"Will you give out the details as to the steps you will be taking to make this happen?"

If either of those are, "No," the rest doesn't matter.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

Just like you all, I come here looking for news / updates.  I just don't cry when no new info is available.

Dude, stop. Point out one person who is “crying”. IE asked people to put questions to them through the FB page. And, sure, maybe they can’t answer everything but how about the refund questions- or is stealing money okay with you? Also, isn’t it strange they are too busy to answer any questions on their own page but the CEO will give updates to random YouTubers? Is that good business? TT is not gonna give you a ride in his car, so maybe you can bring down the White Knighting a bit. Some of these YouTubers might though- what kind of car did DJC’s mom buy for him?

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Serious question.  Why was anyone that had any questions, concerns, and even the slightest criticisms labeled as haters? 

Also, when was the first time the word hater was used in the Amicoverse?  Is it documented?

Another serious question. Why did the moderation support the vileness displayed towards those that questioned the Amico?

Saw the CEO call people names, allude to suicide as a way to stop reading the thread, and generally be nasty to anyone who questioned the Amico line. Yet no public indication from the forum that behavior needed to change or stop.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, rayik said:

Another serious question. Why did the moderation support the vileness displayed towards those that questioned the Amico?

Saw the CEO call people names, allude to suicide as a way to stop reading the thread, and generally be nasty to anyone who questioned the Amico line. Yet no public indication from the forum that behavior needed to change or stop.

Its a good question.  There was one member of the moderation team that seemed to be firmly in Tommy's back pocket and treated forum members as such.    I seriously doubt this will ever be addressed. 

3 minutes ago, rayik said:

I’ll never understand why the Amico forums were treated differently than the VCS and CC forums. It’s like TT just took over- he even talked about AA as “his” forums at times while talking about it in other spaces.  Maybe there were legal threats?  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Also, when was the first time the word hater was used in the Amicoverse?  Is it documented?

Much older than anyone guessed so far :D Actually the hater verbiage was coined November 2, 2018. Essentially on the outset of the first Amico announcement, with Tommy making a video "to all the haters" where he mocked message board comments. With this one action he set the narrative of "supporters vs. haters" and in that sense actually fueled the "hate" among factions.

image.thumb.png.6af13f11ece00989d6d8232502ea345d.png

54 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

Wasn't that just some member of the group, NOT related to IE?

It was the admin of what became the official Amico group as promoted by Intellivision itself. At one point it had three Intellivision staffers as moderators. He has a direct line of communication with Intellivision and was the source of statements and remarks that were not published anywhere else direct from Intellivision.

He solicited these questions and then confirmed he handed them over directly to Intellivision for a response (in June). Very different than just random people coming up with questions with no clear path to get them answered.

Edited by MattPilz
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, MattPilz said:

Much older than anyone guessed so far :D Actually the hater verbiage was coined November 2, 2018. Essentially on the outset of the first Amico announcement, with Tommy making a video "to all the haters" where he mocked message board comments.

image.thumb.png.6af13f11ece00989d6d8232502ea345d.png

It was the admin of what became the official Amico group as promoted by Intellivision itself. At one point it had three Intellivision staffers as moderators. He has a direct line of communication with Intellivision and was the source of statements and remarks that were not published anywhere else direct from Intellivision.

He solicited these questions and then confirmed he handed them over directly to Intellivision for a response (in June).

I forgot about the mean message video.  Its almost like using the term haters was part of the plan all long for something to blame its failure on. Nah…thats crazy talk. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

- he even talked about AA as “his” forums at times while talking about it in other spaces.  

I mentioned that in a post that really upset Ole TT.

Unfortunately it gave people a bad impression of AA even though really his thread was the only bad spot and was contained there.

• Like 4

On 7/31/2022 at 6:31 PM, Rev said:

Oof…..So Amico isnt going to have in-game purchases but its ok to pay 1.00 pay to have oof in your Roblox game on other platforms?     

What would these “other paid sounds” be?  

At the risk of promoting an "artist" whose work I don't like or respect, there's this:

https://www.tallarico.com/roblox

I'm not recommending this, just providing the information. 

15 hours ago, MattPilz said:

Questions that were Passed onto Intellivision for Response Six Weeks Ago

<like 25 questions snipped>

Not providing an answer can be the loudest answer of all. 

Or as The Donald used to say, "only mobsters plead the Fifth"

2 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

Dear Boeing,

My family is planning a trip and one of the planes is a 737 Max 8.  Is it safe to fly?

That's a bogus analogy. Boeing doesn't sell to consumers, and air travel is highly regulated by governments around the world.

A better analogy would be a slick-talking travel agent who does business out of his home, takes a lot of preorder money for tickets to a hot vacation destination he hyped up, then disappears without a word. Oh wait, that's not an analogy at all, THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT HAPPENED WITH AMICO. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Rev said:

To beat a dead horse, this is what it looks like to have FCC certs approved and passed on the official FCC website. A while back there was a few guys here that was saying FCC was passed or something. 

Click here:

https://fccid.io/2AMTQ

24AF78D9-7296-4EA2-9460-2D54838E48B1.jpeg

Compared to:

28D69666-3364-4D29-B61D-EF700B4B6613.thumb.jpeg.2c733820133e8f75af438a28a6393e85.jpeg

It's pretty sad when you think about it.  Even At Games can pass FCC certs with their much criticized flashback systems.  So why can't IE?  Maybe they need some of these?... ?

Certs s, with Retsyn Crystals, Peppermint Mint - 0.72 oz, Nutrition  Information | Innit

Do You Have Bad Breath? How to Tell & What to do.

Edited by atarifan88
  • Haha 3

Compliance with FCC regulations about power and radio is different from "makes games you like"

I have the AtGames Legends Mini (single-player arcade style joystick with lots of games onboard, and room for more) and it's neat. The Flashback plug-and-plays haven't been in stores for several years now. 

Here's Intellivision's (blank, empty) FCC page. You can subscribe to changes if you don't want to miss any of the thrilling developments from the fast-moving, innovative industry disruptors behind Amico. /s

https://fccid.io/2A3BR

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I used that site in anticipation of the Playdate console, because for systems that submit for certification there are a lot of interesting materials on there to comb through.

The Playdate one is here and they have two granted applications (July 10, 2020 for the system itself and May 18, 2021 for the stereo dock).

This all was submitted and approved before Panic ever began taking pre-orders for the system on July 29th, 2021. They started shipping the items on April 18, 2022.

If you click into any of those applications like the one for the gaming unit itself, you'll find hundreds of pages of PDFs including the test results, internals, printed documentation, labels and setup.

The Evercade VS is also on file from 2021, here. https://fccid.io/2A3DY-2021VSPW

Edit - And I know Tommy implied at one point that they didn't want to publish those until absolutely necessary due to potential disclosure of confidential IP... But they also could've simply requested said items be held confidentially and not published. That's part of the cover letter template itself if they do have any items they wish be protected.

image.thumb.png.7b24a796cafdf52576ac7346a7da7be6.png

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

I used that site in anticipation of the Playdate console, because for systems that submit for certification there are a lot of interesting materials on there to comb through.

The Playdate one is here and they have two granted applications (July 10, 2020 for the system itself and May 18, 2021 for the stereo dock).

This all was submitted and approved before Panic ever began taking pre-orders for the system on July 29th, 2021. They started shipping the items on April 18, 2022.

If you click into any of those applications like the one for the gaming unit itself, you'll find hundreds of pages of PDFs including the test results, internals, printed documentation, labels and setup.

The Evercade VS is also on file from 2021, here. https://fccid.io/2A3DY-2021VSPW

Edit - And I know Tommy implied at one point that they didn't want to publish those until absolutely necessary due to potential disclosure of confidential IP... But they also could've simply requested said items be held confidentially and not published. That's part of the cover letter template itself if they do have any items they wish be protected.

image.thumb.png.7b24a796cafdf52576ac7346a7da7be6.png

Great info!   Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

The haters are loose!!!!

Damn, there was a very funny video about that but I just discovered it was removed from YouTube. ? Well, not removed completely but see what's left of it:

Thank you Tony (it was not even your video apparently ?).

49 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

A better analogy would be a slick-talking travel agent who does business out of his home, takes a lot of preorder money for tickets to a hot vacation destination he hyped up, then disappears without a word. Oh wait, that's not an analogy at all, THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT HAPPENED WITH AMICO.

Or a sleazy businessman that sells expensive tickets for a festival on a private island for instance? ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rev said:

To beat a dead horse, this is what it looks like to have FCC certs approved and passed on the official FCC website.

24AF78D9-7296-4EA2-9460-2D54838E48B1.jpeg

Compared to:

28D69666-3364-4D29-B61D-EF700B4B6613.thumb.jpeg.2c733820133e8f75af438a28a6393e85.jpeg

It isn't beating a dead horse. It is tenderizing the meat.

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

Some people just love backing the wrong dead horse....

sad chris crocker GIF

Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

No, just to die in.

You an investor? What’s your stake? For a few years you were one of the Amico boosters for sure, and now you are trying to gatekeep our conversation since we can finally discuss this again. Why?  

You know companies aren’t people, right? That we can’t hurt their feelings, right?

5 hours ago, Rev said:

Serious question.  Why was anyone that had any questions, concerns, and even the slightest criticisms labeled as haters? 

Because Tommy cannot handle criticism, and had no answers to the majority of peoples' questions and concerns. So labelling them haters meant he could simply imply that their opinions and criticism weren't valid and make it seem like he had an excuse to not address them.

As well as this, Tommy likes to create small groups of diehard defenders to act dirty on his behalf. On the G4TV forums ~20 years ago, Tommy cultivated a group of users that would jump to his defense whenever anyone said anything bad or offered criticism about him. He called this his "Judgment Day mafia" and listed the users in his forum signature, and encouraged those to attack others. Also, people have shared stories about how at conventions he would have small groups of teenagers that he would use as "handlers". Calling people "haters" gets those fans to get defending on his behalf.

Tommy's use of "haters" goes way back.

3zfibjf.png

His attitude on forums goes even further back, too

BLX87jh.png

And his using terms in totally the wrong way to dismiss others opinions. Tommy saying "Nazi Communism" in 2002

mBiecZB.png

Everything about Amico and how he acted during it is absolutely nothing at all new when you take the slightest look into his past.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5