IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

Just now, mr_me said:

We were talking about some fraud that allegedly took place in 2019/20 regarding what was known about releasing the console at the time.  And board directors were still putting money in to the company in August and November 2021.

The only individual, other than the directors, named in the risk disclosure has an investment of about $50k.  Don't know if the larger outside investors are individuals or companies or when they invested, don't know what communication they have with the board of directors or if they are on the board themselves. We do have an idea of what was communicated to the public and Republic investors.  Republic investors could get their money back in early 2021, well after the first two delays were known, where's this alleged fraud.  Those with preorder refund requested were getting them through 2021 well after multiple delays, where's this alleged fraud. 

The price on new pre-orders did go up, if people cancelled and had to preorder again when they started shipping, it would cost them more money. I'm not blaming those with preorders, if they requested a refund, they are owed $100, the sooner it's paid the better.  The money you give a company is safe until they can't pay their bills and have to close.  Is the money you put in a bank safe?  Where I am bank deposits are only insured up to a certain amount, the rest is at risk.  Hopefully they don't close and refunds resume soon.

The transfer feature of the RFID game cards is mentioned in the video introducing them.  That means the RFID cards can be used more than once by scanning them on different systems.

Sorry, but its just not worth the effort to respond anymore.

Someone else will have to take the bait.  Or better yet, not.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2022 at 3:50 PM, Matt_B said:

Are you guys telling me that the Amico was a ship rather than a rocket all this time?

Small wonder it never made it off the launch pad. ?

It was a ship, but very small.  It was designed to fit in a foot bath.

Thus, the ship was very easy to jump.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, rayik said:

Sorry, but its just not worth the effort to respond anymore.

I agree. To say that the founders put more money in than anyone when he knows that Tommy put in less than 2% of the funds raised, and to continue to excuse not paying refunds immediatelyjust shows what his agenda is - pedantic wordplay to cover for an unethical company that's very likely going to cost people millions of lost dollars.

Edited by gaterooze_ink
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

The transfer feature of the RFID game cards is mentioned in the video introducing them.  That means the RFID cards can be used more than once by scanning them on different systems.

You're a fan of semantics, so you'll note that the video doesn't specifically say you can scan the card on multiple systems. It says ownership can be transferred. You're the one who made the quite definitive statement, so please explain to me how it works - what exactly happens when you take a used card and scan it on another console? I'm genuinely curious about the mechanics of it.

Edited by gaterooze_ink
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, gaterooze_ink said:

You're a fan of semantics, so you'll note that the video doesn't specifically say you can scan the card on multiple systems. It says ownership can be transferred. You're the one who made the quite definitive statement, so please explain to me how it works - what exactly happens when you take a used card and scan it on another console? I'm genuinely curious about the mechanics of it.

Me too.

In the meantime, let's remember how difficult it is to transfer the ownership of physical games in the rest of the industry.

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

RFID functionality was never demonstrated on video it is all speculative on what the end result would allow. They were supposed to drop a series of videos demonstrating the UI and interactive components in more depth following their Dec. 2021 UI tease, but no follow-ups were made.

It has never been clear how accounts would actually work on this machine. Scanning an RFID card (gift card or game card) would presumably have to be tied to a user account, or at a minimum a unique hardware ID of that machine. Scanning that card on a second device should not work since it had already been activated on the first, unless the license is revoked on the original beforehand. That's where the printed codes on the back were said to come into play, so a user can scan it on a second machine and take ownership of it by entering that secondary code.

Then there was the whole notion of having the games be playable on any Amico by pairing your controller with it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gaterooze_ink said:

I agree. To say that the founders put more money in than anyone when he knows that Tommy put in less than 2% of the funds raised, and to continue to excuse not paying refunds immediatelyjust shows what his agenda is - pedantic wordplay to cover for an unethical company that's very likely going to cost people millions of lost dollars.

Obviously the $10+ million from Republic is more then half of all the money raised.  I'm talking about founding partners and board members who each have put a significant amount of money into the company as individuals, and continued to do so through 2021, whether it's equity or loans.  Are they defrauding themselves.  People are making serious fraud accusations.

54 minutes ago, gaterooze_ink said:

You're a fan of semantics, so you'll note that the video doesn't specifically say you can scan the card on multiple systems. It says ownership can be transferred. You're the one who made the quite definitive statement, so please explain to me how it works - what exactly happens when you take a used card and scan it on another console? I'm genuinely curious about the mechanics of it.

You scan the card on one amico, it downloads and installs the game.  You scan the card on a second amico, it downloads and installs the game, and a server deactivates it on the the first amico. That's how it was described. What does this have to do with semantics.

Edited by mr_me

43 minutes ago, gaterooze_ink said:

We’ve seen the patent application, which is chock full of features that were dropped or not implemented. We’ve heard the CTO describe how it would work, without showing it, and we’ve read the former CEO tease lots of promises about how their media solves issues that people have had with both physical and digital media without explaining it adequately. 

There’s a moment in the Slopes Game Room interview where the former CEO was asked a simple, straightforward question about data encryption and it was like his brain hard-locked and needed a reboot. The usually slick-talking guy was sputtering, lost, a deer in the headlights. “Well that’s a silly question, I’m not going to answer that.” 

The Amico RFID has dropped hints about receiving a special technology grant for their NFT implementation — or was it NFC? The CEO seemed confused about it. Blockchain was name dropped, again without details. 

I think asking for proof was always fair game but the wannabe industry disrupters only wanted to talk about new ways to collect money. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

You scan the card on one amico, it downloads and installs the game.  You scan the card on a second amico, it downloads and installs the game, and a server deactivates it on the the first amico. That's how it was described. What does this have to do with semantics.

Can I make sure we're watching the same video? What is the link and timestamp where that process is described?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, mr_me said:

That sounds almost exactly like how a Windows key works, which is pretty much the textbook example of code-in-box distribution.

3 minutes ago, gaterooze_ink said:

Can I make sure we're watching the same video? What is the link and timestamp where that process is described?

The transfer feature was mentioned in the company video.  The process was described in a youtuber interview, I'll look for it and get back to you.  It seems pretty straightforward, were you expecting something else.

9 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

RFID functionality was never demonstrated on video it is all speculative on what the end result would allow. They were supposed to drop a series of videos demonstrating the UI and interactive components in more depth following their Dec. 2021 UI tease, but no follow-ups were made.

It has never been clear how accounts would actually work on this machine. Scanning an RFID card (gift card or game card) would presumably have to be tied to a user account, or at a minimum a unique hardware ID of that machine. Scanning that card on a second device should not work since it had already been activated on the first, unless the license is revoked on the original beforehand. That's where the printed codes on the back were said to come into play, so a user can scan it on a second machine and take ownership of it by entering that secondary code.

Then there was the whole notion of having the games be playable on any Amico by pairing your controller with it.

So it's a code in a box. ?

8 minutes ago, mr_me said:

This is misinformation. If you scanned the card on a second device it wouldn't work as that serial code had been used on another device. You would need the code in the box to activate it. 

5 minutes ago, gaterooze_ink said:

He's wrong. The code in the box (back side of card) would be needed to do what he suggests. He's trying to make excuses for them lying about having physical games and physical media until the day of the cash grab for those codes in boxes.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

They are not giving refunds back to people who have requested THEIR money back. 

That my forum friend is fraud…..

I agree about refunds.  The discussion was about some fraud that took place in 2019/20 and delaying the 2020 release.

38 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

He's wrong. The code in the box (back side of card) would be needed to do what he suggests. He's trying to make excuses for them lying about having physical games and physical media until the day of the cash grab for those codes in boxes

The code printed on the card is stored electronically in the card.  What's the point of typing it in.  Even if you have to type it in, it's still different then others' code-in-box products because the code is reusable.

Actually, I think there was something about having to tap the card to free the license on the first system before scanning the card on the second one.  Either way you use the rfid card to transfer the license.

And I was pretty clear about having to download the game and the server being aware of the activation.  If their order site isn't clear that's their problem.

Edited by mr_me

3 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The transfer feature was mentioned in the company video.  The process was described in a youtuber interview, I'll look for it and get back to you.  It seems pretty straightforward, were you expecting something else.

Well you got it wrong. So it obviously wasn't as straightforward as you think.

4 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Well, the company video also said the card is an NFT on "the blockchain", so I'm wondering how that plays into it as well. Does it transfer the NFT from one wallet to another? Who pays the gas fee? Does the transferor need to approve the transfer from their wallet/account? What happens if the original installed console remains offline, can they continue to play that game indefinitely, or does the other console need to be online for the transfer to complete? I hope the other video makes it clear, thanks for looking for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1