IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

3 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Some people are incapable of seeing or telling the truth. I’m sure Mr Me understands that Tom lies, and lies a lot at that, but he’s incapable of admitting it.

Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen however. Tommy is textbook definition of bloviate 😁

TT was excellent at duping people into thinking he was the sole source of truth. When getting sucked in like that it is often hard to admit that you were believing things that were blatantly not true.

It is easier to act like it didn't happen that be embarrassed you let yourself be so gullible.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Fraud is very serious and it's not easy to convict someone of fraud.  Minor embellishments won't be nearly enough.

image.jpeg.4f63550a3737e1613fc46d30328df267.jpeg

That is not a definition, more specifically it's not the definition of fraud. You are making this way too difficult for yourself. 🙄

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

TT was excellent at duping people into thinking he was the sole source of truth. When getting sucked in like that it is often hard to admit that you were believing things that were blatantly not true.

It is easier to act like it didn't happen that be embarrassed you let yourself be so gullible.

Early on, in the Q&A thread, I personally pointed out things that were said that I thought were wrong.  Sometimes the CEO agreed sometimes he didn't, nobody got upset or acted unreasonably.  I look more at results than talk.

Edited by mr_me
  • Haha 5

58 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

That is not a definition, more specifically it's not the definition of fraud. You are making this way too difficult for yourself. 🙄

not that I'm a lawyer, but in US and canada it seems from what I can find you can be convicted for "minor embellishments" if it can be shown they were intended to deceive and they created actual harm.  if convicted the seriousness of the penalty could be slap on the wrist stuff and would depend on how much harm was caused, and regular stuff like whether it's your first offence and not how "minor" the "embellishment" was.  If your minor embellishments were intentional and the deception got a lot of money from people and it can be proven it, you can get in serious trouble for it.  It's serious like stealing is serious, you can steal a pack of gum or a car, but the seriousness of the penalty of misrepresenting the truth in business depends on the harm caused by your misrepresentation (and regular stuff like 1rst offence etc) rather than how far from the truth your deception was

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Early on, in the Q&A thread, I personally pointed out things that were said that I thought were wrong.  Sometimes the CEO agreed sometimes he didn't, nobody got upset or acted unreasonably.  I look more at results than talk.

You still haven’t addressed my questions. You’ve shown time and time again you’re not here to discuss or debate the Amico in good faith. You’ve been consistently intellectually dishonest here and on Reddit, using your firehose bullshit to poke holes in reasonable concerns towards the Amico for the past three years.

You are no different than the grifters who started this and soiled Intellivision’s name. You might be worse.

53 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Yet you ignore FCC results and only believed talk. 

54 minutes ago, rayik said:

Back to the Amico.  Pat and Ian theorize 2019 E3 killed it.

https://youtu.be/PT6VoGlXIcY

This is very probable. It seemed many things especially the games came to an abrupt stop or progressed at a snails pace in 2020. 

They had the ability to build consoles in 2020 and in 2021 but didn't. They were either wanting to sell and not make them themselves, or lied about their progress and wasn't ready. I would suspect it was both. Because they couldn't get Microsoft or someone to buy them they then had to spend the extra time and money to finish it.

This would be why they were hiring firmware engineers so late when it should have been locked in before that. They put themselves in a position they weren't planning for and that was finishing it themselves.

There was zero reason for them to not have things wrapped up and ready in 2021, and inexcusable for 2022. Remember Sudesh loaned them money for manufacturing yet they still haven't done it. They know it is DOA and don't want to lose more money by making it. They will lose less money by letting it slowly bleed and pray for a miracle moron with a bunch of money to bail them out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

I think there's a couple that were longer that got deleted to hide AtariAge mod bad behavior that are all delightfully archived over at AmicoAge.   TT isn't the only one who wished this all would go away. 

Hmmm.  I don't see any other threads at AmicoAge besides the big Q&A one I already mentioned.  Do you recall what the other deleted threads were about?

Once the Amico threads were moved to its own forum I rarely (if ever) went there so I wouldn't know of any other large threads over there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lathe26 said:

Hmmm.  I don't see any other threads at AmicoAge besides the big Q&A one I already mentioned.  Do you recall what the other deleted threads were about?

Once the Amico threads were moved to its own forum I rarely (if ever) went there so I wouldn't know of any other large threads over there.

There were at least 2 other attempts at an "independent Amico discussion" with the intent of talking about the thing without the spamming CEO coming in to try and tell people what to think. Another one was about AirConsole, an Amico-like cloud service for cloud gaming. They were whacked at the same time as the big Q&A thread, which itself was renamed "fun Amico discussions," when it was clear that no further questions were ever going to be answered. That thread was tone-policed for positivity like the others. I wouldn't be surprised if someone backed them all up, it was all pretty egregious. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Lathe26 said:

Among others, there was an "Amico constructive criticism thread" that was locked. There was an "Independent Amico discussion thread" that was locked. There was an "New Intellivision Amico Info and Discussion Thread" that was locked.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Yet you ignore FCC results and only believed talk. 

They didn't have FCC certification, don't even know if they submitted for it.  Passing FCC RF emissions standards testing is a result, people may or may not believe they got that result,

2 hours ago, crade said:

not that I'm a lawyer, but in US and canada it seems from what I can find you can be convicted for "minor embellishments" if it can be shown they were intended to deceive and they created actual harm.  if convicted the seriousness of the penalty could be slap on the wrist stuff and would depend on how much harm was caused, and regular stuff like whether it's your first offence and not how "minor" the "embellishment" was.  If your minor embellishments were intentional and the deception got a lot of money from people and it can be proven it, you can get in serious trouble for it.  It's serious like stealing is serious, you can steal a pack of gum or a car, but the seriousness of the penalty of misrepresenting the truth in business depends on the harm caused by your misrepresentation (and regular stuff like 1rst offence etc) rather than how far from the truth your deception was

This is a good point.  For example embellishing your baseball accomplishments might not mean much to someone investing in a video game company but might if you're investing in a baseball team.  And saying you're the first American to work on a Sonic game doesn't mean as much as the quality of your work.  Either way it doesn't reflect well on the person.

Edited by mr_me

3 minutes ago, mr_me said:

They don't have FCC certification, don't even know if they submitted for it.  Passing FCC RF emissions standards testing is a result, people may or may not believe they got that result,

If it's on the internet, it has to be true.  Don't let little things like weighing credibility be a consideration.

On the topic of FCC certification, anyone else having tacos tonight?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Among others, there was an "Amico constructive criticism thread" that was locked. There was an "Independent Amico discussion thread" that was locked. There was an "New Intellivision Amico Info and Discussion Thread" that was locked.

Thanks.

From looking at those, only the Independent thread got large (2.1k replies) but not quite as large as this thread (though a close run for its money).  Now that you've jogged my memory, I recall it lived for a short while in the Intellivision forum.  As for the others, they are so short it would be a joke to include them in a list of large Intellivision threads.

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I have some footage of your favorite game!

Man those controllers are so responsive! 🤣

But many people SAID there was no lag.™️ This has already been discussed.™️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

My old criticism thread…It lives!  

Im still waiting for some cool games to be announced.  We got Care Bears, Sesame Street, and Farkle. 😐

6B3B95F3-BF36-4ACE-BFBF-5990C7EA015B.jpeg

I still am an Amico fan. Just release the thing already. Geez

Edited by Rev
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rev said:

99B9AE29-13A2-464E-AA4C-6F4F50A044BE.jpeg

The thing with that image is that it shows the company has an FCC grantee code. You have to get that directly from the FCC which can take time.  Once you're in the system the authorised lab handles the certification.

53 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

But many people SAID there was no lag.™️ This has already been discussed.™️

What was discussed is that people that played it said no noticeable lag playing the game.  It was said that a firmware revision caused some lag on the controller touchscreen, and didn't affect the gameplay on the TV.  This is part of the game development process.

Edited by mr_me

22 minutes ago, Rev said:

My old criticism thread…It lives!  

Im still waiting for some cool games to be announced.  We got Care Bears, Sesame Street, and Farkle. 😐

I still am an Amico fan. Just release the thing already. Geez

I'm personally looking forward to the announcement of the Shinobi, Tetris, Worms, Pacman, Castlevania and Contra games Tommy said they were in talks for.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The thing with that image is that it shows the company has an FCC grantee code. You have to get that directly from the FCC which can take time.  Once you're in the system the authorised lab handles the certification.

What was discussed is that people that played it said no noticeable lag playing the game.  It was said that a firmware revision caused some lag on the controller touchscreen, and didn't affect the gameplay on the TV.  This is part of the game development process.

The image also says the word ‘This’.   Either way its not official and they cant sell Amico until it is. 

Are you ready to give your personal definition of the word SCAM?   If you need more time its ok. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not expecting they'd submit for certification until they're able to go to manufacturing.  That's a ways away from selling Amicos.  And they've said they need to have a plan to get to the production of retailer units before starting with preorders.

Edited by mr_me

27 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I'm not expecting they'd submit for certification until they're able to go to manufacturing.  That's a ways away from selling Amicos.  And they've said they need to have a plan to get to the production of retailer units before starting with preorders.

This exact statement could of been said in summer of 2020.    Sad

• Like 3