IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

Thinking that the system will use the URL provided on the keycards would be a presumption rather than an assumption, since it has base reasoning but not hard proof ..  

Thinking that something Tommy said should be reported in a way implying it deserves benefit of the doubt would be an assumption, since he's an ass.

7 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

It is unfortunate how easily scratched the RFID cards are too.

Why?  What difference does it make if they are scratched?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, crade said:

Thinking that the system will use the URL provided on the keycards would be a presumption rather than an assumption, since it has base reasoning but not hard proof ..  

Thinking that something Tommy said should be reported in a way implying it deserves benefit of the doubt would be an assumption, since he's an ass.

I would imagine the main thing would be showing that they're chintzy or cheaply made.  Doesnt affect the RFID at all, just shows how crappy a presentation it is.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, crade said:

Thinking that the system will use the URL provided on the keycards would be a presumption rather than an assumption

Yes, it's a sold presumption since the RFID data is a plain text URL encoded using the available bytes. Just like RFID business cards that you can customize and order online to send users to a portfolio.

It's true the OS could parse that URL to lop off just the serial and do something else with it, but would still have to phone home to a server to transmit it and validate it. If their servers go so does this activation process. Unless they push the entire bank of IDs for every physical card to internal storage on the OS, but uh... That'd make any validation redundant and the games would still have to download from somewhere.

10 minutes ago, crade said:

It is purely a cosmetic annoyance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

I would imagine the main thing would be showing that they're chintzy or cheaply made.  Doesnt affect the RFID at all, just shows how crappy a presentation it is.

I was thinking more along the lines of Even if it did break the card, what difference would it make, it doesn't really have any functionality to break.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MattPilz said:

It's true the OS could parse that URL to lop off just the serial and do something else with it

The opposite is also true, which makes it odd that they include the "intellivision.com/rfid" part on the card data - they can add that part in code (and alter it with an OS update if servers change), so having it on the card seems kind of silly? Am I missing something?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mr_me said:

The system doesn't necessarily have to be programmed to use that url.  A url isn't necessary at all. 

It is necessary for these. The rfid data is the url. That is the route they went. Sorry deal with it. Stop making assumptions about what they could have done.

Unless you go buy your own and want to show they don't point to the url, you are the one assuming things with zero evidence.

I know you struggle with the fact IE has yanked you around for years. But here is actual data, not made up Amico fantasy info that you are claiming.Screenshot_20220810-213156_Reddit.thumb.jpg.e9009bdd0dde76f3a4a00ba4201310d3.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

They never said it DIDN'T do that so clearly that means it does.™️

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Wouldnt that not be something? TM 

4DB7201C-676F-43B8-963A-58D9C8FA83AB.jpeg

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

Doesn't it depend on your definition of "does™️", though? 🤔

🤔

I don't know about you guys.™️

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

No, we've been told that games installed, including rfid based games will continue to work when offline.

People are saying it's using the url.  That's something that is unknown.  The fact that the system doesn't have to use the URL is not made up. The mechanism for download can all come from the system, all it needs is to id the card.  That is not made up at all.  This is only in response to people's assumptions.  If people don't make assumptions, these explanations wouldn't be necessary.

Not unknown, it's the data on the card.

The made up part is everything you say about woulda coulda shoulda.

The codes in boxes are pointless and when servers go down they are useless as there will be no downloading since the rfid contains no game data.

I mean if you want to continue to be wrong and make assumptions have at it. Please stop acting like they are facts.

Fact is data points to a url and nothing else.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

This! 

How anyone can defend this company is beyond me.

Have I introduced you to my good friend Amico?

6 hours ago, MattPilz said:

Well my disappointment is how the idea devolved so much since 2019. Originally it was teased as actual physical games and even possibly cartridges ("Don't count out cartridges just yet. ;)" -Tommy)

This method was also used on console price. It's like slowly raising the temperature of water so you don't realize you are boiling. It's a manipulative technique. Yes physical games (create excitement over false statement), hey physical media (change that it isn't really physical but keep it in same realm), hey it's a product (slowly removing rug and is 100% a digital console).

The price was the same way. I talked to some in private as to how the FEs were used to show that people would buy a higher priced console to slowly raise the price. Then ensued the price creep. 

Think about different people would have reacted out thengate saying it was a $250 digitally only console?

You could also say the same thing about the CEO giving percentages at the time. He know 100% that it was delayed, but would slowly lower expectations. 

It was all manipulation to soften the blow yet allow people to get sucked into the cult of personality around it. They would then defend things that made zero sense. Like it being an "affordable" option when in reality it isn't more affordable than other options.

5 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

Yes, my buddy’s wife who constantly ask him where his $100 is. She’s tracking one refund request I know for sure.

You hold tell her to join AA. She can leave a daily update.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gaterooze_ink said:

The opposite is also true, which makes it odd that they include the "intellivision.com/rfid" part on the card data - they can add that part in code (and alter it with an OS update if servers change), so having it on the card seems kind of silly? Am I missing something?

It's almost like they were trying to look stupid to troll Pat and Ian. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gaterooze_ink said:

Right, there is no reason for the system to read the url.  The system already knows where the server is.  The url is useful to anyone else that happens to read it, with their cell phone for example, as they are directed to the company website to find out more.

56 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Right, there is no reason for the system to read the url.  The system already knows where the server is.  The url is useful to anyone else that happens to read it, with their cell phone for example, as they are directed to the company website to find out more.

Yeah, great to direct them to a download page for a game...

45 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Corrected making the assumptions more obvious:

Right, let's assume there is no reason for the system to read the url.  Let's assume the system already knows where the server is.  (This assumption is made even though the firmware is not done and IE has never demonstrated how or even that downloading works.)  Let's assume the url is useful to anyone else that happens to read it, with their cell phone.  Let's assume For example, as they are directed to the company website to find out more.  Let's assume this is how it all will work even though IE has not shown the Amico  downloading or authenticating using RFID card.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

The data points to a url. If the console magically knows it wouldn't need the url in the data now would it.

Face it bub you are wrong. Your magical made up thinking suggests that phones are able to magically find more data than the console!

*psst* the data is on there because the console needs it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rayik said:

Corrected making the assumptions more obvious:

Right, let's assume there is no reason for the system to read the url.  Let's assume the system already knows where the server is.  (This assumption is made even though the firmware is not done and IE has never demonstrated how or even that downloading works.)  Let's assume the url is useful to anyone else that happens to read it, with their cell phone.  Let's assume For example, as they are directed to the company website to find out more.  Let's assume this is how it all will work even though IE has not shown the Amico  downloading or authenticating using RFID card.

It's not an assumption.  People have already read the url off the card, it's not protected.  If you go to the url, you'll find a thankyou page and an "explore more" button.

25 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Everyone hold on! I want Mr_Me to use his powers of semantical parsing to defend the Hall of Fame nonsense. It’s a “hold my beer” moment for sure.  I look forward to your response, sir.

I'm not here to defend anything.  I'm not much familiar with fantasy camp hall of fames anyway.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

You see that, TT? You finally crossed the shit line. Even Mr_Me won’t touch this.

image.jpeg.30d0729c1dad8bc49c7c1d6439f60d5b.jpeg

Fraud, encryption, backend, OS, storage, chipsets, firmware, Intellivision patents…Mr Me has us alllllll covered.

Fantasy baseball hall of fame….he can’t help us there 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 4