IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

If you're talking about the engineer on reddit, I quoted him above.  He didn't say hope it passes.  He said "it passed the preliminary tests" and he said "If we went back for the final certification, it would have passed".  He knows it would have passed because they would be going back to the same lab that did the preliminary test where it passed.

The first time they submitted it I'm sure they were confident it would pass too.

Your interpretation doesn't make sense - if they passed full testing at the certified lab, it's basically an instant next step to get the certification. What possible reason is there to not do that? (kevtris says there is none) Otherwise they'll need to resubmit for testing all over again. By saying "it would have passed", that literally means it has not passed yet. Maybe the "preliminary" tests use a different method, less sensitive equipment, less rigor or shorter durations - all things which mean the actual testing could have different result.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The reason you do preliminary fcc testing is to know where your design stands.  Generally speaking, there are reasons to do this earlier in the design process so you don't waste time/money with certain design decisions, might not apply with simpler designs.  There are reasons to this with a final design prototype, because of changes that can be expected during pre-production manufacturing, whether those changes are due to manufacturing optimisation or component supply.  The CFO has already talked about qualifying two versions because of component supply.

The whole point of doing preliminary testing at an authorised fcc certification lab is so you know your prototype is fcc compliant. The engineer said it would have passed certification because it already passed fcc testing.  That's not an interpretation, he said it passed testing.  Since they didn't go to manufacturing last year, they didn't need certification.  You can speculate why they didn't go to manufacturing. 

34 minutes ago, gaterooze_ink said:

The first time they submitted it I'm sure they were confident it would pass too.

Your interpretation doesn't make sense - if they passed full testing at the certified lab, it's basically an instant next step to get the certification. What possible reason is there to not do that? (kevtris says there is none) Otherwise they'll need to resubmit for testing all over again. By saying "it would have passed", that literally means it has not passed yet. Maybe the "preliminary" tests use a different method, less sensitive equipment, less rigor or shorter durations - all things which mean the actual testing could have different result.

There really is no point in arguing with this guy.  He was duped into believing a lot of lies and now rather than go away quietly, he is going to continue spinning until there isn't anything left to spin.  It's gone beyond sad at this point into a real obsession for him.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

In an effort to be positive about Amico here are a few things I liked about it. 

1. Had a few great fun looking games like Night Stalker, Cloudy Mountain, and Breakout. 

2. Good for short burst gaming sessions. 

3. Nice selection of console colors. 

4. Leaderboards that would of spurred competition among players. 

Thats all I can think of. 

Anyone else?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

would have != has

Rocket surgery, this ain't.

also would have != would of. Just sayin'. It's not necessarily aimed at you, mind you. 🙂

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

Anyone else?

I'd love to participate but... all of this has already been discussed.™️

More seriously:

1. Night Stalker looks and sounds great (if the sound design from the trailer is real, not a placeholder™️).
  2. I'm always interested in news ways of playing, and especially when breaking the norm of standard controls (which are often far from perfect, but people are used to them).
  3. I still think having a touch screen on each controller could allow to create new, interesting ideas, but IE hasn't shown a lot of them yet.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rev said:

Anyone else?

At some point, TT replied to a post of mine that Amico SW would have been kinda of open to developers and that therefore a System Changer to play old Inty cartridges on the Amico consolle could have seen the light…

That would have been simply great!!!🤠🤠🤠

One question to the Folks here familiar with the matter: how many chances do we have now in your mind that Amico will happen ?

Less that 5%?

More?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bojay1997 said:

There really is no point in arguing with this guy.  He was duped into believing a lot of lies and now rather than go away quietly, he is going to continue spinning until there isn't anything left to spin.  It's gone beyond sad at this point into a real obsession for him.    

Yeah, and more fool me for momentarily forgetting that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

The engineer said it would have passed certification because it already passed fcc testing.  That's not an interpretation, he said it passed testing.  

That is total interpretation and bad reading comprehension on your part. This is what the engineer said and is the most recent update on the matter.

No, testing was done at the lab and we fixed some signals that were out of spec. If we went back for the final certification, it would have passed.

Out of spec = did not pass

If we went back = has not tested and passed

Would have passed = think/hope it would.

You are are lying and wrong about this. This has been discussed.™️

2 hours ago, Rev said:

In an effort to be positive about Amico here are a few things I liked about it. 

1. Had a few great fun looking games like Night Stalker, Cloudy Mountain, and Breakout. 

I'd like to see Breakout get a release and will check out some of the other games that come out on Switch. I liked the style of Night Stalker and Cloudy.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

One question to the Folks here familiar with the matter: how many chances do we have now in your mind that Amico will happen ?

Less that 5%?

More?

Tommy told RetroBro it had maybe a 5% chance of coming out period.

Tommy isn't very good with numbers if we look at how he ran the company, so maybe a 0.0000000000000000001% chance?

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

“That guy with the glasses?” That’s how you refer to Bubbles?  That’s the most offensive part of this whole thread :)

Yeah, really.  I think everyone needs to back off Tommy and mr_me and start bitching at Rev for that one.  That should takes us through the next 15 pages or so, at least.

• Haha 6

37 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Tommy told RetroBro it had maybe a 5% chance of coming out period.

Tommy isn't very good with numbers if we look at how he ran the company, so maybe a 0.0000000000000000001% chance?

IMHO:

Demo units to influencers? 50% chance.

All Founders Edition production units? 1% chance.

Retail launch? 0% chance.

(6 months ago I would have said 100%/90%/50%)

Edited by gaterooze_ink
  • Like 5