IGNORED

Testing the waters ATARI PACKAGE SALE

Koji77

All,

With my busy schedule, I no longer have the time to enjoy my Atari systems. I have a mint Falcon 14meg w/4gig sd, netusb, mouse master(in box) I also have a mint Mega STE, working internal HD as well as floppy, ultra satan, SD cards, etc. I have a modded  MINT 800XL and Happy 1050, APE hardware, many written floppies etc.  All work flawless... asking $5000  for the lot... serious inquiries only.. this is not easy for me to do.. I want this stuff going to someone that will cherish it all as I do... the memories and father son time this stuff brought me is worth millions. mark.anderson1942@yahoo.com

Especially since you are wanting to sell such a high priced item how about some info for those who might be interested?

Pictures of said items (preferably with a sign showing current date and user name) , where are you located, any references as a seller in any capacity? These are all standard basic things especially from a member that has not already gained good seller feedback here at Atariage. 

You've posted about this previously so I assume you had no takers last time which is why I make these suggestions to you as well. 

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

On 7/10/2022 at 12:45 PM, Koji77 said:

I will post pics on Tuesday.. with each running.  I do not have to sell.. I just want them where they will be used and taken care of. I'll post Idle pics tonight, running pics Tuesday.

It's not about whether you have to sell or not, don't care whether you do or not, nor is it about where you want them to end up, it's about established and appropriate selling practices, all of my points are valid for anyone selling anything here ?‍♂️  ESPECIALLY for something pricey as this. Pictures will be nice but also, location, references, feedback? Is that an issue for some reason? ? You can make all the claims you want but for something you are asking thousands of dollars for these requests are not unreasonable. 

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 3

I love to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but this whole thing is really starting to sound fishy. Still, let's give him a little more time before calling it a complete scam though. There are many good reasons for saying you're going to post photos, and then not. So, let's wait until after Tuesday, which would be the second failed attempt to post photos, before calling BS.

Personally, I'm anxious to see his collection, see him make some decent cash off of it, and see someone else get the machines of their dreams. Here's hoping it all works out for everyone all around.

• Like 1

Maybe. Probably. Still, it gets sort of annoying after a while.

I wish him luck with whatever he decides to do. Just stop posting until you're actually ready to do something, including having pictures and/or video of working machines and actually being ready to part with the machines.

• Like 1