IGNORED

An honest review of Intv Donkey Kong

Rev

8 hours ago, Rev said:

I dont think his channel will be going places.

Just some kid trying to imitate The Angry Video Game Nerd.  Needs to wash and comb his hair too.

But to be fair, when I was 7 years old, I was wondering why Coleco went with "white and mint green" for their Inty manuals.  It just seemed like a race to the bottom.  We went from full-color Space Battle and Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack manuals, to those crummy INTV ones in the bitter end.

11 hours ago, ls650 said:

He swears a lot.  I stopped it after about 90 seconds.  Honestly, if he were my kid, I'd wash his mouth out with a bar of soap.

The concept of swearing is just prejudice against the vernacular used by "bad / undesirable" people.. :)

More like it's bad there is nothing else to the video, the "review" is just an excuse..  it's like he just learned to swear and the only reason for the video is to show off his new skill

1 hour ago, cmadruga said:

Style aside, the game actually sucks and he is right.

Now someone send him a copy of DK Arcade, please.

But then we'd have to listen to a fresh new batch of cussing.  No thanks!

54 minutes ago, zzip said:

If he didn't do that, is there a brigade of people chomping at the bit to defend this port?

Doubt it.  The port does stink.   ?   I just thought it was funny to put out a "change my mind" comment that invites discussion, but then turns off the tool needed for said discussion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/10/2022 at 11:49 PM, Razzie.P said:

I like how it says "change my mind, I dare you" but comments are turned off

It might be possible that the creator has it marked as safe for kids on his video. While the language certainly would be a mark against it, YT also clearly likes to tell you that making marking your videos as NOT safe for kids will limit your viewing audience. But... the catch is that if you do list it as being safe for kids, then comments are automatically turned off as a result. And by default, the videos are marked as being safe for kids. You have to physically check the box stating the video isn't.

I actually mark all of mine as not being safe for kids, just so I can have the comments available. I certainly do not use any inappropriate language and my videos are quite safe for a child to watch. But I still find is safer to mark them as NOT being for kids.

Just a thought on why he might not have comments available...

On 7/10/2022 at 9:49 PM, Razzie.P said:

I like how it says "change my mind, I dare you" but comments are turned off

Everyone says "change my mind" and no one bats an eye, but when I show up with a scalpel and a spare brain in a jar, suddenly I'm the monster.  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

Everyone says "change my mind" and no one bats an eye, but when I show up with a scalpel and a spare brain in a jar, suddenly I'm the monster.  ?

That because the spare brain belonged to Abby somebody...

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2022 at 7:01 PM, CursingTeenager said:

And as I would've guessed, yeah, I am hated lol.

I don't get the impression anyone here hates you, based on this particular thread, at least.

Some are low key making fun of your style a wee bit, but no hate that I can see.

Some of us even agree that particular port kinda stanks 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 7:01 PM, CursingTeenager said:

holy sh!t! Hi, I am the creator of this. (Believe it or not) When I looked at the analytics of this video, I saw how many views it had, 95% of them being from Atariage. And as I would've guessed, yeah, I am hated lol.

No hate. ? 

Maybe curse a little less and give some more in depth Intellivision reviews! Keep it up. Looking forward to more Intellivision vids.

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2022 at 8:56 PM, ls650 said:

He swears a lot.  I stopped it after about 90 seconds.  Honestly, if he were my kid, I'd wash his mouth out with a bar of soap.

I remember getting my mouth washed with a bar of soap.  Do parents still do that?