IGNORED

Yars Recharged - (in VCS Store)

ColecoGamer

Purchased this afternoon, single player is fun but as with the other recharged entries, the challenge mode and two player couch co-op is where this really shines. Me and my eldest (9) have played this all evening together. I was relieved that we were not 'tethered' like in Gravitar as whilst I understand why they did it, it made it a little less accessible as you largley needed to be on the same skill level to remain in one piece.

I’m having such a blast with the game. I’ve mainly been playing single player at the moment on the VCS with the Classic Joystick using rotary,  it honestly shines playing this way but I did test it out using the controller earlier and it plays great that way to but I feel the Classic Joystick with rotary is the way to go if your up for an extra challenge.  

I am also a big fan. I agree with some of the reviewers who said it would have been nice to have had more variety in objectives in the mission/ challenge mode (like some of the previous Recharged entries), but this is a small gripe. The gameplay is a lot of fun with the classic controller, and it definitely has that addictive, "just one more time" quality. On balance, I think this one is just behind Gravitar (my number 1 so far) for me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the game and as a hardcore Yars' Revenge fan all I can say...

g39Lk_.gif

"I Like IT!"

Seriously, this is the Star Castle remake that HSW wanted to do but couldn't be done on the original 2600 and what Yars' Return tried to do.

And the twin stick control actually works great for the rotating levels.

My review: Get it now!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...