IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Season 15 - Round 16 - Track & Field

Just tried another 6/7 times on my emulator... nope. 

Really frustrating. 

Thought that the phoenix would work - but NOPE .

(And don't get me wrong but this piece of hardware had been an EXTREME disappointment to me.  A $300 piece of plastic with chips)

Jeff

Tried a few last times and finally started to get the hammer throw timing better.  On the third round of hammer throwing I managed three successful throws over 95m.  But when it came down to it for the fourth time I just didn't quite make the same distance as shown in the screenshot.  So frustrating!!!!!

DSC04636.thumb.JPG.56c736f0502d7104116d76f192bc5b22.JPG

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

Tried a few last times and finally started to get the hammer throw timing better.  On the third round of hammer throwing I managed three successful throws over 95m.  But when it came down to it for the fourth time I just didn't quite make the same distance as shown in the screenshot.  So frustrating!!!!!

Great score, very impressive! You're not a "mere mortal" this week eh?

Edited by Northcoastgamer
  • Haha 1

I wasn't racing to try out this one, since I didn't have high expectations for using a DualShock 3. Love the game on NES, and this one looks well done. One and done for me here, since I felt like I gave my left analogue stick a rough time, and I don't want to send it to controller heaven.

3 fouls on Hammer Throw. Surprised I made it this far actually...

154807291_TrackField(2010)2022-07-2420_42_21.thumb.png.aa2413fbd29926afea39a9e023e9e48b.png

• Like 3

Track & Field along with Decathlon are not everyone's cup of tea. Most people give up on these games early on due to the physicality and/or the abuse that can be inflicted upon controllers. It's a good port and it was fun playing but no Javelin, Hurdles or High Jump. No entering your initials for high scores. The 2600 version has them. 

Edited by Northcoastgamer
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

Track & Field along with Decathlon are not everyone's cup of tea. Most people give up on these games early on due to the physicality and/or the abuse that can be inflicted upon controllers. It's a good port and it was fun playing but no Javelin, Hurdles or High Jump. No entering your initials for high scores. The 2600 version has them. 

Yeah, it's a real shame that T&F and T&F2 weren't combined into one game when they were ported to the CV.

1 hour ago, Northcoastgamer said:

Our friend from the great white north, Ikrananka proves to be our top athlete this round with a very impressive record setting score. Well done! I bet your sore today. Thanks to everyone that partook in this joystick slugfest!

Thanks, but I have to give huge credit to my Edladdin controller.  Highly recommended.  Nevertheless, you are correct, I am still sore today?

• Haha 1