IGNORED

Are there any "Old School" Joysticks for Altirra (etc.)?

Larry

I would like to get an original type joystick for emulation.  I have a Logitech Precision (I think it was called a joypad), and I really don't care for it.  Don't want models with bunches of buttons.  Or is there still a USB adapter that I can use with an original type joystick?  Any suggestions?

They look like outstanding suggestions.  Thanks!

Since the Hyperkin joystick is available from Amazon, I ordered it.  If it works out, great -- if not, I'll return it and try another option.  That is certainly an advantage to dealing with Amazon.

I am using the Hyperkin Trooper II with VICE, and it works quite well.  I really wanted to play Wizard of Wor for the C64 since it looks so darned good, but at least with the emulator and USB joystick, it is a bit less responsive than playing on the A8 with real hardware.  The sprite movements are perfect, but the joystick is a bit sluggish when moving my warrior.  Not terrible, but just not as good as my A8 hardware.  From the game images I've looked at, the C64 folks have the same penchant for putting their own introductions and splash screens on their hacked versions. I should add that the POKEY sounds for this one are (IMO) superior to the emulated SID.  I've played a lot of SID music (real and emulated) and it's very good, but not so much on this WOW.

I have several joysticks that are similar to the original Atari joysticks and look identical down the the orange fire button.  They don't have a cable but, instead, have a female USB jack in them so they can be plugged into a PC with Alitirra, a Raspberry Pi, etc.  I don't think they are available anymore as I've had them for around 10 years.  The feel of the joystick is a little different but it works very well.

After doing a brief search, I found this:  https://stoneagegamer.com/atari-2600-usb-joystick-retro-link.html  I don't know how well those work, though.

• Thanks 1