IGNORED

Anyone remember?

Hahaha, this is funny. My younger brother sent me an e-mail asking me to talk

him out of trying to find this girl, so he won't be accused of stalking. He swears

she's in her 20's but she looks very young to me.

(I'm thinking no one is going to remember what she's even asking!)      :)

1306638728_Kari(Atari).thumb.jpg.60b47f57c71af2bd1423d40bdddf4bc9.jpg

Here's her Twitter account:

Looks like she collects lots of classic computers (mainly) and some consoles as well.  I have no idea what she's doing with all this stuff (I don't really have time to trawl through her posts), but she has a lot of interesting computers I've never seen in person.

..Al

I can see her being in her 20s.  And I'll also be the typical male asshole and say yeah - she's smoking hot.  I never got the memo where I was required to turn in my man card, snip my balls, endorse every ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ mentally ill person as a brave hero.

That being said - I have enough hobbies already, and hot chicks are a dime a dozen.  Tell your brother there's no need to stalk her!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

I can see her being in her 20s.  And I'll also be the typical male asshole and say yeah - she's smoking hot.  I never got the memo where I was required to turn in my man card, snip my balls, endorse every ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ mentally ill person as a brave hero.

That being said - I have enough hobbies already, and hot chicks are a dime a dozen.  Tell your brother there's no need to stalk her!

Hehehe, I guess I missed that memo too Stephen!

I'll tell my brother - I'm sure he'll be relieved!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zzip said:

She shows off her cleavage in every photo...  which makes me wonder if shes really in this for the retro hardware or just looking for a way to gain attention and grow her brand on social media?

Whats your point?  😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zzip said:

She shows off her cleavage in every photo...  which makes me wonder if shes really in this for the retro hardware or just looking for a way to gain attention and grow her brand on social media?

There's quite a few Instagram accounts where women are showing off their vinyl collection (as in albums!)  Never fails - they are always in short skirts, low cut tops, showing legs or cleavage and the albums are in the background.  Not that I am complaining, but it gets old when men are constantly called pigs and told to not objectify or sexualize women in every circumstance, but yet we get constantly bombarded by women objectifying themselves and sexualizing themselves for money / clicks / etc.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Stephen said:

There's quite a few Instagram accounts where women are showing off their vinyl collection (as in albums!)  Never fails - they are always in short skirts, low cut tops, showing legs or cleavage and the albums are in the background.  Not that I am complaining, but it gets old when men are constantly called pigs and told to not objectify or sexualize women in every circumstance, but yet we get constantly bombarded by women objectifying themselves and sexualizing themselves for money / clicks / etc.

I know what you mean...   I debated whether I should even point it out or someone might try to shame me for noticing.   But c'mon-  your boobs don't show up front and center in every photo by accident,  especially the last one where they are almost popping out.   It's attention-seeking.

• Like 5

Guys.

She's just in it for the $$$.  It's all too obvious.

She found a niche to exploit, a gullible audience, and somehow never fails to show off her boobs.  This thread alone indicates that her 'marketing' strategy is paying off.  She's laughing all the way to the bank.

Is she attractive?  Not really -- I've seen better.  Lots of these supposed gamer girls are kind of gross too...most just sit in their stinky rooms all day and hygiene suffers.

Best thing to do is ignore her videos and avoid watching them, unless you want to contribute to her early retirement fund.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, zzip said:

I know what you mean...   I debated whether I should even point it out or someone might try to shame me for noticing.   But c'mon-  your boobs don't show up front and center in every photo by accident,  especially the last one where they are almost popping out.   It's attention-seeking.

Right - check out every item for sale by this ebay "store": https://www.ebay.com/sch/whozitsnwhatzitsvintagefinds/m.html

Tell me what you see in common.  Had to explain to the wife that there really was an item (or two) I was interested in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

When I see this type of thing in eBay auctions I report it as inappropriate. I find it annoying.

It's great that we have all types of people in the retro computer hobby. But sometimes you have people who pretend to have an interest but really have ulterior motives. It usually is pretty obvious. For example, resellers who just only see people interested in retro computers has a means to make money. And no I am not talking about somebody who creates something like hardware, software, etc. or people who just get tired of their retro hardware/software and want to sell it to buy something else. Hopefully you get what I am saying.

• Like 1

Indeed good sir.

Where there are monetary gains to be had, you get these shady characters who whore themselves out (and then whine about being objectified).

YouTube has a number of these ladies who love to show off in order to drive views and likes.  

I was recently checking out some hiking videos and of course, there's a 'living in a cabin off the grid' series starring some ugly behemoth who enjoys showing off her stinky unwashed butt in the various video thumbnails.  Sorry - but I can see right through the BS and will never take something like that seriously.  Pretty insulting really when you get down to it.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Well, I don't want to be rude, but maybe some more physical activity - what does not mean to not do retro computer thing - would help her to look even better .

Yes. There's flab buildup already. No. Fat. Chicks.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Dopy25 said:

In that case, all the more sad that she's using her body to get views, when she actually has smarts and talent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Allan said:

For example, resellers who just only see people interested in retro computers has a means to make money.

Yes those are the worst sellers imho. I even see some so anxious to post their garage sale finds right from the sale itself. Can't even wait to get home and test and clean the stuff. Big difference between them and real hobbyists looking to offload extra stuff.

And all they do is read newsletters and watch youtube to pick up on the trends. 80% of them don't know shit about retro or anything tech they're selling. The know they can buy something for $10 or $20 and flip it for $100+. Or 2$ and flip for $15. And retroflunkies eat it up left & right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1