IGNORED

Anyone remember?

4 minutes ago, Muzz73 said:

Did everyone miss that she's wearing an ENCOM hat in one of the pics? She could be an evil genius in disguise! LOL

Yes, that must be it!

I mean she's in this for the money right?  After the Crypto crash, and the NFT implosion.  After the FAANG collapse the impending real estate crash, the next get-mega-rich-quick scheme is a being photographed in a sports bra while simultaneously cornering the market for 1980s and 1990s era obsolete tech.  Wow.  Why didn't I think of this!?   All of this flashing her Atari to drive traffic to her YouTube channel that apparently consists of just two videos.  Wow,  the sheer evil genius of it all...

• Like 3

I just wanna know what she's gonna do with all the classic computers and shit she keeps buying? Or anybody even. What does one do with it all? Why buy so much crap and have it collect dust?!!?

Anyhow. At age 12 I was still firmly into conducting homebrew science experiments* of dubious usefulness. Did absolutely nothing productive other than generate mayhem. Tested the patience of everybody, whom eventually found it annoyingly amusing. Years and years would pass before I tackled higher education in the sciences.

Spoiler

Overspeeding motors with a powerful powersupply. Revved them far beyond anything reasonable till they exploded. And did it again and again like a psycho kid. Plugging capacitors into the AC mains. Melting batteries. Riding BMX in the lake with a snorkel. Blowing glue fumes around my room with a fan. Neutral dropping the old Chevy. Shooting model rockets at the neighbor's houses then wondering why they hated us. Amplifying my VCS so my buddy down the block could see it on CH3 from 100 meters away. Made SETI dish from a trash can lid, but upgraded to a plastic swimming pool and hooked my modem and crystal radio to it. Connected my COX control-line plane to the TV aerial and watched the angular speed increase. Made this huge ass satellite looking thing out of cardboard and absolutely insisted my parents bring it into Hippos - it wasn't Halloween. Hooked my Apple II to the Marantz, scary even when you expected every beep and bloop. Played secret agent in the sewers. Put booze in the fishtank. Racked up a $400 phone bill calling BBSes - eventually got a callpak. Connected the electric drill to my bike. Problem was the AC cord. Did the same thing with a small go-kart thing and the garbage disposal motor. Gas was so yesterday! Wired up my Science Fair kits from RadioShack to make an intercom to the house next door. Beefed up my old MR. Microphone to transmit across town. Hooked a speaker to the old BW TV so it would squeal when I moved some rod thing back and forth, sounded like a dying hyena or something.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, CapitanClassic said:

Apparently,  you dont understand how conversation works. Why do you think I was linking to and quoting the article? Do you think I disagree with your two points above? (School Dropout, legitimate business not YouTube). I was linking to the article, because you said, "She is brilliant. She coded some AI stuff [...] she is literally far more accomplished than most of us here." Speak for yourself. If a 13-15 year old is more accomplished than you, you need to reevaluate your goals in life.

I thought it was clear, but this is what I was responding to above. The article directly refutes those points, because she didn't code an AI. She was able to make a web interface to Siri, that anyone can do following a few simple tutorials. 

Actually,  the kind of do. Many awards are pay-for-play. You give some organization money,  and they hand you some made up award.

The current thing, is a reference to Women/Girls in STEM.

I don't care if she enjoys retro computers. How did you ever come to that conclusion from what I wrote. Are you Kari Lawler's dad or publicist? (Cause your kind of f*ing this up) maybe your that AI assistant that Kari wrote, INFINITY, quick say "exploding sheep,," to prove you're not a bot.

Exploding sheep to prove you're not a bot.

In all seriousness though, either I'm tired or I just gave up on life but it just seems like you're refuting everything I'm saying. 

As far as the accomplished part, my point is that there are endless articles about her, and not one about me. I don't know anyone else here personally but besides the sales threads from Chris and being able to see his accomplishments posted on the internet to find, I rarely see anyone else being mentioned anywhere else on the internet that is not YouTube.

My accomplishments are more of a personal goal to me that fall between repairing electronics and doing some random XML stuff in my spare time at work.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CapitanClassic said:
Spoiler

Apparently,  you dont understand how conversation works. Why do you think I was linking to and quoting the article? Do you think I disagree with your two points above? (School Dropout, legitimate business not YouTube). I was linking to the article, because you said, "She is brilliant. She coded some AI stuff [...] she is literally far more accomplished than most of us here." Speak for yourself. If a 13-15 year old is more accomplished than you, you need to reevaluate your goals in life.

I thought it was clear, but this is what I was responding to above. The article directly refutes those points, because she didn't code an AI. She was able to make a web interface to Siri, that anyone can do following a few simple tutorials. 

Actually,  the kind of do. Many awards are pay-for-play. You give some organization money,  and they hand you some made up award.

The current thing, is a reference to Women/Girls in STEM.

I don't care if she enjoys retro computers. How did you ever come to that conclusion from what I wrote. Are you Kari Lawler's dad or publicist? (Cause your kind of f*ing this up) maybe your that AI assistant that Kari wrote, INFINITY, quick say "exploding sheep,," to prove you're not a bot

My apologies for the duplicate. I can't figure out how to delete the quote on mobile right now either

Edited by Dopy25

2 hours ago, CapitanClassic said:

Uh no, she’s not anything spectacular, she is a trust fund baby looking for clout. She didn’t “code some AI” stuff. She clearly is a trust-fund baby looking for a political purpose to push, because she isn’t talented. She is promoting girls in STEM and I guess improving AI understanding in young people. 

Either her dad is an idiot, or a liar (or it’s fake.news). her INFINITY program isn’t incredible. No, she didn’t create her own AI in a week and it is very different than tech companies like what Google/Apple is doing with Siri. What she built was a web interface to public APIs that allow you to send text in a box to Siri, and then get the response back via audio. Her consulting business appears to be to give talks about investing in AI teaching for youth (surprising, she runs such a business, Youth4AI.

So she was able to write 80-lines of JavaScript in a week. Sorry, you aren’t special.

The red flag I got when doing a quick search on her, was the support for "diversity" which as we know is code for destruction of nations by (((globalists))).  Then she is also into AI and we know what the public corporate face of that has been pushing of late with their talking heads (Gates, Musk, Zuckerberg etc).  So both of those things have got her a pat on the back from the system.  So if at some point she begins pushing LGBTQ+ then I will know for sure, that she is working towards nefarious goals and the wrong kind of people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

What am I missing here? 

Yes the age of the article is relevant. She's no longer some "school dropout who didn't fit the mold". She now has a legitimate business that makes money that is not YouTube.

I'm still confused about how she was lying. 

From what I can tell, multiple awards were given to her. Awards. I'm sure the people that hand those out don't just give them to anyone. I've never won a tech award but I'm sure if I did, it wouldn't be given out by Big Bird. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Current thing? I thought the whole argument of this thread was because she's into retro computers and everyone wanted to remind her who the real elite was and she should stay out of their hobby. 

Stop being such a grump. Other people can enjoy some of the things you do even if they haven't done it for as long. 

Dude..... you should know how this ends already.  It's Atariage, and these guys are douchebags.

How did you think it would turn out?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Keatah said:

I just wanna know what she's gonna do with all the classic computers and shit she keeps buying?

Why is that any of your business or concern?

Some of us love collecting and playing with the stuff.  You don't.  Whatever.

1 hour ago, Dopy25 said:

Exploding sheep to prove you're not a bot.

In all seriousness though, either I'm tired or I just gave up on life but it just seems like you're refuting everything I'm saying. 

That is what trolls like to do.  They don't have any other accomplishments.  That's why we stick to BBSing... we try to limit their kind.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Tillek said:

Why is that any of your business or concern?

My business is not your business.

6 minutes ago, Tillek said:

Some of us love collecting and playing with the stuff.  You don't.  Whatever.

You have no idea who you're talking to. Or whom you're making assumptions about. Furthermore you have no clue what my interests in the hobby are.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Keatah said:

My business is not your business.

You have no idea who you're talking to. Or whom you're making assumptions about. Furthermore you have no clue what my interests in the hobby are.

"You have no idea who you're talking to?"

Thanks for the input Karen... and for proving my point.  What she's going to do with it is none of your business, or mine... so you basically calling me out for calling you out is..............

6 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

Correct. I successfully refuted all you’re claims. ;)

6 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

As far as the accomplished part, my point is that there are endless articles about her, and not one about me. I don't know anyone else here personally but besides the sales threads from Chris and being able to see his accomplishments posted on the internet to find, I rarely see anyone else being mentioned anywhere else on the internet that is not YouTube.

I don’t measure my worth by how often I am mentioned on the internet. My only point is that your wild claims about this 13 - 15 year old are over blown. She didn’t write her own AI in a week that was comparable to what Google/Amazon create. Do you really think that she did? (Or am a correct, that her INFINITY program is likely a web interface that queries Siri/Google Assistant)

She is a trust fund baby promoting a political cause, “Women/Girls in STEM.” That is why you can see her “accomplishments” all over the internet. Would you say that Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian are accomplished? (I suppose with the latter she found a way to make millions off of being famous, for being famous.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

Haha what are you talking about? She basically owns a business that educates less fortunate on coding. 

It's really easy to look this stuff up. Her name is Kari Lawler. She's apparently brilliant. She coded some AI stuff when she was 13. What were you doing at 13? I know what I was doing. It sure wasn't anything spectacular. 

At 13 I was one of the "less fortunate" teaching myself coding on a cheap computer without the help of an Instagram creator.  Funny how that works.  :D

• Like 1

You point out one thing about someone being more than just a pair of boobs and an atari forum ridicules you. Got it.

There was no attempt at "defending a woman on the internet." I was literally just pointing out that she has other actual accomplishments that go beyond showing cleavage in a youtube video for more views, and as another user pointed out, not many youtube videos at that. But surrrrreeeee. She really wants to throw those tits at you to get you to see equality... or whatever the hell it is you guys are saying. 

fuck-fuck-it.gif

Edited by Dopy25
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

@Dopy25, please, can you tell me her accomplishments? What skills were required to reach those accomplishments?

https://innovationwm.co.uk/wmip/talent/new-voices-of-innovation/kari-lawler/

Winner of the Hall of Fame Award 2021

Company: Youth4AI

About Kari:

Kari is a multi-award-winning entrepreneur and founder of Youth4AI, a digital skills programme which introduces young people from disadvantaged
backgrounds to AI and data ethics.

About the Midlands Women in Tech Awards:

The are a unique opportunity to highlight and recognise the ongoing contribution of women in the tech sector.

The time has never been better for women to get into technology, with information technology listed as the most in-demand skills set across multiple industries according to a survey published last year by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation.

The aim of the awards is to raise the visibility of women in this space and enable the next generation to “see it and therefore aspire to it”. Currently just 17% of those working in technology in the UK are female and according to a recent study by PwC only 3% of young women have technology as their first career choice.

Interestingly, the sphere of technology was once dominated by women, with many of the first programmers being female; the code breakers at Bletchley Park; programmers working on the first Harvard computers; and the space flights at NASA – all women!

So why are women less confident about going into tech? At the root of the problem lies perception and this is despite women enjoying and thriving in tech roles just as much as their male counterparts. This is where the Midlands Women in Tech awards come in. They aim to shine the spotlight on all the women that are pioneering and making a name for themselves in the world of tech.

They hope that not only will this bolster opportunities for women but it will also inspire other young women to get involved and realise that they too can enjoy a dynamic, exciting and innovative career in technology.

Maybe the problem with the lack of women in tech is that they keep giving women awards who haven’t actually accomplished anything.

stemwomen.jpg

• Like 5

One of Kari Lawler’s other accomplishments. 

Kari’s rapid rise within the tech world has been acknowledged with multiple awards, including her winning the coveted UK Space Agency SatelLife challenge ‘18, for her AI proposal.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/gps-wristband-for-surfers-among-winning-ideas-from-young-space-entrepreneurs

Kari Lawler, 15, from Castle Bromwich, Solihull

Capturing Earth’s changes: An application that uses Machine Learning Deep Artificial Neural Network to regularly ingest and analyse Earth Observation data to learn what the what the Earth looks like, and detect changes and patterns across the globe. The application would also be able to identify the causes of natural disasters through providing details of historical events, to help with preparation and prevention in the future.

Her proposal sounds like a lot of Hardwork.

• Haha 3

Okay gang, can everyone just chill out? I mean seriously, I posted that picture of her because

it was funny, the thought of my younger brother, who is happily married to an attractive Latino

woman who he shares 4 children with, chasing this admittedly cute young girl, and asking me

to talk him down. It was F U N N Y.

Oh...and because she was holding an Atari ST...

Now, as happens far too many times at Atari Age, the thread has devolved into pointless

bickering and criticism.

Can you imagine if she finds this message thread? I couldn't blame her if she was so horrified

that she sold the ST at once (or trash-binned it) and never ever wanted anything to do with

Atari again.

At this point I think having the moderator(s) step in and lock this thread and let it die an

ignominious death would be the most merciful thing to do. Please....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1