IGNORED

dye - Heritage Edition

Irgendwer

On 11/3/2022 at 3:23 AM, Irgendwer said:
  • The Touch Tablet / mouse mode has to be selected on the title screen and is not that smooth as it could be, as the pointer freezes while a fill operation takes place. Even it doesn't affect game-play I will likely change that in a final version.

Nice, a good excuse to pull out my Touch Tablet on the show, thank you for the information! Looking forward to playing it tomorrow!

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing dye - Heritage Edition as part of the ABBUC Software Contest 2022 Playthrough: Part 1 on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us! We will be playing the rest of the games in Part 2 on Tuesday's stream!

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 5:19 AM, Irgendwer said:

After ABBUC made the 2022 contest entries digitally available for members, here a central thread for discussions and questions regarding my entry "dye - Heritage Edition".

At the end of the event, I will publish the game also for everyone here.

Have fun playing more than 40 levels of world heritage sites and hours of solving puzzles.

dye_HE_Screenshot1.thumb.png.394835f4f47a4db63d7865b582aa7378.png

Congrats ! Great game and concept.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Irgendwer - I just wanted to let you know the MiST 8-bit core has been changed to disable the paddles if they are not in use. This allows dye to use the joystick or keyboard control. 

It would still be nice if you changed the auto-detection logic. In a perfect world, the 8-bit core would work just like the actual hardware. Unfortunately, there are a few quirks (of which this is one of them). 

Bob C

Edited by darwinmac
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much for the update!

While changing the auto-detection would help users with an out-dated core to play the game, I likely won't adapt it.

Where to draw the line? It's good that we have the original machine as reference how emulators / hardware should behave.

And since there is now the possibility for MiST users to increase that compatibility, I see no point for overruling the logic.

(...the creation of the NTSC and update of the dye-"classic" version won't be anyway in the nearer future, as I'm very busy ATM.)

• Like 1

I played until level 18 so far. For level 8 and 9 I needed lots of trys. Level 12 I could solve instantly: There are 5 colors and 5 moves, so you must erase a color in the 2nd move (and in each following move) and thus connect all pixels of one color in the first move.

Thanks for another edition of this great game! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Irgendwer   Just wondered if the following fix/tweak was something that was implemented yet? I may have missed a link to the latest version. :D I've got my hands on an original Atari Touch tablet you see. :)

"

• The Touch Tablet / mouse mode has to be selected on the title screen and is not that smooth as it could be, as the pointer freezes while a fill operation takes place. Even it doesn't affect game-play I will likely change that in a final version."
Edited by Beeblebrox

Today I finished level 40, man that level was tough.

Anyway, I now try to solve the riddle at the end of the game but think I am stuck.

I wanted to post the codes for all of the levels and the riddle in spoiler tags but unfortunately I don't know how to use them. Any ideas?

Edited by patjomki
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, patjomki said:

Today I finished level 40, man that level was tough.

Great!

Believe me, drawing that one and making "it work" was also tough! ;)

For the final quest a more verbose explanation:

Just in case you have 4 Locations and the codes say

LOC1_A

LOC2_AB

LOC3_BC

LOC4_C

that would mean the following

LOC2          LOC1
  X----- A -----X
  |
  |
  |
  B 
  |
  |
  X----- C -----X
LOC3          LOC4

So the edges "clearly" form the letter "C".

Just regard the post-fix letters as edge-names...

Does this help?

In a way. If I understood correctly the number of trailing letters gives the number of edges that start from a location. 

So I guess the final password must consist of five letters, right?

The position letters used for the passwords:

a to f

g to l

m to p

q to v

w to d

What is the order of the five password letters? Alphabetical? Or are they mixed and I have to bring them in the right order? 

Edited by patjomki
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, patjomki said:

What is the order of the five password letters?

Just put this information (you are on the right track) onto a classic map of the world, with America left/Europe centered (which is AFAIR also mentioned) - I guess you will be enlightened... 😁

Edited by Irgendwer

Oh, that is what I did. 😉

I recognized a letter from any of the five positions and edges. But when I enter the five letters just in the order like mentioned in my posting above dye HE says "Invalid password!". 

Let's assume (no spoiler as I recognized other letters) I got the following letters:

a to f = a (region America/Atlantic)

g to l = s (region Western Europe)

m to p = d (region Easter Europe)

q to v = f (region Middle East/India)

w to d = g (region Asia)

When I enter "asdfg" as password it doesn't work. So do I have to change the order of the letters in the password like for example to "dsfga" or any other order?

Edited by patjomki

23 minutes ago, Irgendwer said:

I'll PM you...

Not necessary. I just got the password. Didn't recognize the region Easter Europe right. Now up to solve the final level. 😉

Edit: Done

Great game and (again, like dye) a fantastic experience. Thanks a lot.

Edited by patjomki
  • Thanks 1