IGNORED

Intellivision homebrew releases by year - Deep Dive

Rev

13 minutes ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Was not limited copies. In 2021 30 copies were sold because there were no boards.  “Other” games were sacrificed in order to rob them of their boards to make 30 ish copies of Klax, the. Sold. Once the JLP boards were available again, I fully released Klax on intellivisionCollector.con and sold about 75 copies in total. I sent the remaining material back to the owner 2 weeks ago. 

Thank for clarification.

164 items on the current list. 

If we average out for 22 years. (We are getting old) That is 7.45 per year. 

164 items with an average original sale price of 55.00 is 9020.00usd. 164 items at 65.00 is 10,660.00 😱

(shipping not factored)

That is 410.00usd per years average if you started in 2000. 820.00usd per year average if you have every item on list and started collecting in 2011. Everyone is different. These are generic averages. 

100.00usd or so per month on new Intellivision games? I wouldnt change a thing!

Someone can go and figure exact price for these with actual prices. 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Rev said:

Blix had 30 copies. 

Ghostbusters 50? Copies. 

BC was open to public. 

Smurf has WELL over 100 out there. 

Where is the line for a “limited release”? 

Again, this list/thread is not to list every single small release.  But to gauge an amount of releases per year. Lets give it a +/- factor of 1. 

Just my 2 cents but i think if less than 50 games are made/sold, it should not be looked at as an official release. Realisticly 100 games is a small run and will most definately sell quick. Its a high enough number that the average collector or gamer has a fighting chance to get one. 300 is too many imo. Gonna take a while to sell all stock off.

4 hours ago, Rev said:

Should we add the Glitter covered Las Vegas Poker?

Klax shouldnt even be on the list, very few copies were released privately from Thailand. 

Actually I did purchase 2 copies of Klax,and that was from Intellivision Collector in Canada.

2 hours ago, Rev said:

164 items on the current list. 

If we average out for 22 years. (We are getting old) That is 7.45 per year. 

164 items with an average original sale price of 55.00 is 9020.00usd. 164 items at 65.00 is 10,660.00 😱

(shipping not factored)

That is 410.00usd per years average if you started in 2000. 820.00usd per year average if you have every item on list and started collecting in 2011. Everyone is different. These are generic averages. 

100.00usd or so per month on new Intellivision games? I wouldnt change a thing!

Someone can go and figure exact price for these with actual prices. 

Thank you for breaking all this down!

I totally agree with the "I wouldn't change a thing!".

I agree 100%. It's been fun and worth every penny.😃👍

5 hours ago, Rev said:

Blix had 30 copies. 

Ghostbusters 50? Copies. 

BC was open to public. 

Smurf has WELL over 100 out there. 

Where is the line for a “limited release”? 

Again, this list/thread is not to list every single small release.  But to gauge an amount of releases per year. Lets give it a +/- factor of 1. 

Of all those games, Smurf was the one that I never saw or heard of being available until after it could not longer be gotten. I am. Of sure how I missed it. And since it currently goes for $700-$1000, I will probably continue to miss it. 

I don’t worry about Blix since I have the combined re-release. 

But if you think this is bad, I think some Atari 7800 games have single-digit or low-double-digit release numbers. 

• Like 1

I am in the exact same boat when it comes to Smurf. By the time I'd even heard it existed it was well into triple digits to get a copy.

I figure I'll just wait till someone re-releases it in a cheaper form. And if that never happens, eh... some other homebrew will come along for me to enjoy. Or likely 20 more, lol 

11 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Just my 2 cents but i think if less than 50 games are made/sold, it should not be looked at as an official release. Realisticly 100 games is a small run and will most definately sell quick.

You haven't been around for a while, so you may have missed that the dynamics changed around here once more than one publisher and three programmers came into the scene. ;)

Some games in wide release do not really sell all that much, making 100 units a bit of a stretch, except in the long-tail.

And some games released in limited quantities end up in high demand.

Most games just end up on a completist's shelf, but it seems that such collectors are dwindling now.

11 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Its a high enough number that the average collector or gamer has a fighting chance to get one. 300 is too many imo. Gonna take a while to sell all stock off.

Perhaps R.E.V. and the other publishers can offer some insight, but I generally agree that 100 units it's about average for this niche -- more than that and it's a hit; less and it's a dud.

300 units would be a runaway success, especially if they are sold out within a 18 months ... but that wouldn't happen, would it? 🤔 😄

dZ.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Rev said:

Should we add the Glitter covered Las Vegas Poker?

Klax shouldnt even be on the list, very few copies were released privately from Thailand. 

I have one, so yes you should. LOL

6 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

Perhaps R.E.V. and the other publishers can offer some insight, but I generally agree that 100 units it's about average for this niche -- more than that and it's a hit; less and it's a dud.

300 units would be a runaway success, especially if they are sold out within a 18 months ... but that wouldn't happen, would it? 🤔 😄

dZ.

I'm going with a sweet spot of 125. I don't want to be a full-time store. I want to offer the release and be done with it in 6 weeks. The board shortage did change how I was going to release games. Now with more and more folks releasing games I will back away unless I find a project I really love. My goal was to release some of my favorite games on the TI99-4a. That is done. I will hold a copies games for myself for future trade-bait. I will never release a game with more than 150 copies...it becomes work at that point. I am a joker though...so I will on occasion do something just to be a butthead. I have a reputation to maintain. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I missed most of the early days of the homebrew scene. My first HB game was Piggy Bank. But I find it's better not to have to worry about getting and affording games you'll likely never see again, at least for a reasonable amount, and just focus on what's coming out now. Lots of amazing stuff is being made for the system that I never dreamt was possible. If you happen to find a deal on one of the classics you missed then take your shot but there's no need to get hung up on it. At least you'll always have something to collect.

• Like 1