IGNORED

Intellivision homebrew releases by year - Deep Dive

Rev

2 hours ago, BBWW said:

I'm going with a sweet spot of 125. I don't want to be a full-time store. I want to offer the release and be done with it in 6 weeks. The board shortage did change how I was going to release games. Now with more and more folks releasing games I will back away unless I find a project I really love. My goal was to release some of my favorite games on the TI99-4a. That is done. I will hold a copies games for myself for future trade-bait. I will never release a game with more than 150 copies...it becomes work at that point. I am a joker though...so I will on occasion do something just to be a butthead. I have a reputation to maintain. πŸ™‚

You mean that this post is not going to happen any more???😭😭😭😭

Β 

Β 

No way Dude!!!

Let’s make a pool here on AA and let the Community decide!!!🀣😎

2 hours ago, BBWW said:

I'm going with a sweet spot of 125. I don't want to be a full-time store. I want to offer the release and be done with it in 6 weeks. The board shortage did change how I was going to release games. Now with more and more folks releasing games I will back away unless I find a project I really love. My goal was to release some of my favorite games on the TI99-4a. That is done. I will hold a copies games for myself for future trade-bait. I will never release a game with more than 150 copies...it becomes work at that point. I am a joker though...so I will on occasion do something just to be a butthead. I have a reputation to maintain. πŸ™‚

Good man... i gree with selling a predetermined number and moving on.

Β 

Hey, i had a Ti99 when i was a kid. What was the game where you flew the spaceship through the caverns? I loved that game.

I don't get it. Why assemble and publish another list of modern releases and arbitrarily exclude some games but include others? If the point is to catalog Intellivision games sold in the last 20+ years so others can know the history and what may pop up for sale at some point, then all the physical releases should be there.Β Let's not split hairs (unless the game was sold only at the Hair Splitters Convention, in which case you might have a point).

Β 

Blix – the first run in 2014 was 30 copies and then in 2019 it was bundled with Chocolate Mine and makes this list. It's already listed separately at IntellivisionRevolution.com so why the change of heart?Β 

Β 

Piggy Bank was a "cartridge in a baggie" release (no box), but it makes this list of games released CIB? Supposedly the box is the big deal, as some games are in the list multiple times for getting new boxes.

Β 

β€’ I do like that this list is chronological!Β πŸ˜€

• Like 1

I find it fascinating to be witnessing the time where homebrew scene reaches and surpasses the original production run of 125 games. While there's no realistic way to determine the exact title to be #125, I think all of the games coming out in the autumn/winter of 2022 fall into the "125 Era" for INTV homebrews. It's a special time to be around the community. Although part of me thinks we would've hit this point at least a year ago had covid not been a thing. Eh... better late than never!

• Like 1

Just now, the1hatman said:

I find it fascinating to be witnessing the time where homebrew scene reaches and surpasses the original production run of 125 games. While there's no realistic way to determine the exact title to be #125, I think all of the games coming out in the autumn/winter of 2022 fall into the "125 Era" for INTV homebrews. It's a special time to be around the community. Although part of me thinks we would've hit this point at least a year ago had covid not bee a thing. Eh... better late than never!

Β 

Yes, it is kind of absurd that we're arguing over the number of home-brews because there are so many, published in so many different formats, and released so close together that its hard to keep track of all of them.

Β 

What a wonderful time to be an Intellivision fan! 😊

Β 

Β Β Β  -dZ.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't really see it as an argument as much as a discussion. It is tough to nail down an exact number after all...

Β 

Are Blix (original) and Blix & Chocolate Mine counted separate?

Is Lock 'N' Chase 8K even a homebrew?

How do we categorize the Blue Sky Rangers releases?

Do Blowout, Hard Hat, Space Cadet and the combined Party Line count as 3 titles and a combo - 4 titles - 1 title with variations?

How does everyone view the LTO Flash and FW Diagnostics carts?Β  Or the Intellicart for that matter?

Does everything have to be CIB to count?

What about ROMs?

Is Gyruss just a variation of Deep Zone? Man, that one alone will spark a year-long debate!Β :lolblue:

Β 

There's too much grey area to even approach a consensus so I like the view that anything that comes out between Sept-Dec 2022 as part of the "125 Era" and they all get some credit in reaching the milestone. Share the love between all the publishers/programmers that helped get us there.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

Perhaps R.E.V. and the other publishers can offer some insight, but I generally agree that 100 units it's about average for this niche -- more than that and it's a hit; less and it's a dud.

Β 

300 units would be a runaway success, especially if they are sold out within a 18 months ... but that wouldn't happen, would it?Β πŸ€”Β πŸ˜„

Β 

Β  Β  dZ.

Certainly not if the ROM was made available?Β  Could you imagine if the rom was free?

Β 

Β 

25 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

Certainly not if the ROM was made available?Β  Could you imagine if the rom was free?

Β 

Β 

I know! Β I have never heard of anybody who gives his ROM away and still gets people asking him when is he going to re-release his game. Β That is just crazy!

Β 

Β  Β  dZ.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DZ-Jay said:

I know! Β I have never heard of anybody who gives his ROM away and still gets people asking him when is he going to re-release his game. Β That is just crazy!

Boards are available. Christmas is right around the corner. So when are you rereleasing your game?Β πŸ™ƒ

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the1hatman said:

There's too much grey area to even approach a consensus so I like the view that anything that comes out between Sept-Dec 2022 as part of the "125 Era" and they all get some credit in reaching the milestone. Share the love between all the publishers/programmers that helped get us there.

Yes, exactly! There's so many variables, and potential debates on what should or shouldn't count. Just the fact that we're celebrating crossing the magical 125 threshold on a 40+ year old system is truly remarkable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Good man... i gree with selling a predetermined number and moving on.

Β 

Hey, i had a Ti99 when i was a kid. What was the game where you flew the spaceship through the caverns? I loved that game.

Yes Parsec was the game where you refueled in the cavern. Also coming are "Space Bandits" and "Buck Rodgers and the Planet of Doom."

Β 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mthompson said:

Β 

Piggy Bank was a "cartridge in a baggie" release (no box), but it makes this list of games released CIB? Supposedly the box is the big deal, as some games are in the list multiple times for getting new boxes.

Piggy Bank did sell 128 copies. That might be one of the reasons.

Β 

As the Mattel Demo Carts or Test Carts were never counted as the 125 it would make sense that you would not count Cuttle Cart, InteliCart, LTO Carts and the Diagnostic Cart.Β 

29 minutes ago, BBWW said:

Yes Parsec was the game where you refueled in the cavern. Also coming are "Space Bandits" and "Buck Rodgers and the Planet of Doom."

Β 

Yep! That was it.Β  I remember now. Great game. Looking forward to playing on the intellivision.

20 hours ago, Morpheus said:

You mean that this post is not going to happen any more???😭😭😭😭

Β 

I never said that...I was just commenting on TI99-4a games. Fox's Quest will be available at PRGE 2022 along with Parsec. When those sell or peak then I will release the next one and so on.

Β 

35 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Great !

Thanks!

Are they available only at PRGE or also somewhere on the www?

Look for a thread soon. All of my games will have a release number of 125 plus a handful for me and my son.

Β 

The boards should be here on Monday or Tuesday. I leave for Portland Wednesday. I am counting chickens here...but I'm hopeful...Β 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BBWW said:

Look for a thread soon. All of my games will have a release number of 125 plus a handful for me and my son.

Β 

The boards should be here on Monday or Tuesday. I leave for Portland Wednesday. I am counting chickens here...but I'm hopeful...Β 

It’s totally going to work. Cheap labour at the booth to build those carts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...