IGNORED

Analogue Pocket Lynx Adapter Now Part of $99 Package

gilsaluki

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, 42bs said:

Did you try it on a real Lynx?

And: What is a repro-cart? Where did you get it from?

No, - don’t have a real Lynx.

It wasn’t released back in the days, so it’s put on newly made carts for particulary interested people (collectors or people like me just curious what the Lynx could do or where it was about to go if not discontinued):

IMG_0522.thumb.jpeg.75402b365427d615a4488887625c168a.jpeg

Edited by Giles N

Posted (edited)

I think what you have in your hand is - as the sticker said - a prototype, i.e. a non-finished game, probably in its early stage of development. So it not surprising that the game does not work as expected, has glitches, and even crashes.

Edited by LordKraken

9 hours ago, LordKraken said:

I think what you have in your hand is - as the sticker said - a prototype, i.e. a non-finished game, probably in its early stage of development. So it not surprising that the game does not work as expected, has glitches, and even crashes.

I’ve played on emulator on PC/Online to device, and it’s much more complete there, with 11 tracks, etc.

8 hours ago, 42bs said:

Additionally: A regular Lynx card checks the contents. And if it is not correct you cannot go past the title screen.

Yes, it must be this check it cannot pass unless they’ve used a ROM older than the almost complete prototype which I can playthrough on emulator.

1 hour ago, Giles N said:

I’ve played on emulator on PC/Online to device, and it’s much more complete there, with 11 tracks, etc.

Yes, it must be this check it cannot pass unless they’ve used a ROM older than the almost complete prototype which I can playthrough on emulator.

Nope, if the ROM data is not correct, it want go past the title screen. No music, no game.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 42bs said:

Nope, if the ROM data is not correct, it want go past the title screen. No music, no game.

There is both music and game; it’s just wrong (mudic-j track and - uhm - wrong (course-)track, , but it boots and it picks up my controller input correctly.

Edited by Giles N

Posted (edited)

I think my Adapter may have become damaged: it won’t play the games it ran flawlessly anymore.

Perhaps time to get another set. 

That is: it may be the adapter not the cart… 

Time will tell/show…

Edited by Giles N
  • Sad 1

On 5/9/2024 at 12:24 AM, roots.genoa said:

btw Alpine Games has been fixed, even though I guess we'll have to wait a little more for the firmware update.

Is there an official source for this news? I never got a response to my support ticket.

Nice!

I also tried the EOTB. But the RAM  chip on the cart prevents it to be inserted to the adapter.

The original Alpine Games cart does fit in the adapter. But I wonder if the re-make with the larger plastics fit in.

On 5/14/2024 at 10:09 PM, roots.genoa said:

I know it from Kev himself.

If you know/have contact with Kev, - perhaps you could ask him whether he knows the Lynx protos work or not on the adapter…?

2 hours ago, Giles N said:

If you know/have contact with Kev, - perhaps you could ask him whether he knows the Lynx protos work or not on the adapter…?

I try not to bother him. But he usually reads stuff here, and acts accordingly, don't worry.

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2024 at 9:27 AM, Giles N said:

I think there are different versions of that rom. This is the one that Macrorie found.

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2024 at 5:53 AM, jgkspsx said:

I think there are different versions of that rom. This is the one that Macrorie found.

Is that ROM around somewhere, or lost in the digital aether for all time?