IGNORED

FS: Raven's Core, A New Homebrew Game For Game Boy / Color

blainelocklair

Get it here: ➡️ https://www.forever8bit.com

It's here! Today is the day I get to share with you the brand new game I've made: Raven's Core for Game Boy and Game Boy Color. It's available for purchase and immediate download at ➡️ https://www.forever8bit.com.

“There’s a peace that can only be found on the other side of war.” - King Arthur

So when the alien invaders known as RAVEN entered Terran space, it was time to act.
Armed with the most advanced spaceship ever built, you stand between Earth and the RAVEN onslaught.

Do you have what it takes to attack RAVEN on its own turf, destroy its central core, and bring peace to the Earth - and the galaxy?

This game features:

* Eight stages of side-scrolling shmup gameplay
* Four boss battles and a final boss battle at the core
* All original music soundtrack
* High score save system
* Continue feature, even after power off
* Parallax scrolling in stage backgrounds
* Integrated storyline
* Compatibility with the Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Gameboy Advance, * Super Game Boy (SNES), Game Boy Player (GameCube) Game Boy / Game Boy Color emulation, and the Analogue Pocket

The download includes the game file, digital box art, and digital instruction booklet.

I hope you enjoy playing the game as much as the team and I enjoyed making it for you! Let me know what you think of the game in the comments!

Thank you for supporting homebrew gaming and the retro gaming scene!

- Blaine

Raven's Core Box Art.png

PREVIEW 2.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 10.25.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 10.28.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 10.21.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 10.22.28 PM.png

PREVIEW 9.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, atari2600land said:

Yeah, I'd be interested in a physical release.

Thanks! I'd love to make a physical release of the game. I think it largely depends on how well the digital version does.It would absolutely help fund a physical release.

I could program the carts themselves. But I'd surely need help getting with the right folks to produce the packaging and manual. Maybe they are right here on AA and we can get together soon.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 4:40 PM, blainelocklair said:

Thanks! I'd love to make a physical release of the game. I think it largely depends on how well the digital version does.It would absolutely help fund a physical release.

I could program the carts themselves. But I'd surely need help getting with the right folks to produce the packaging and manual. Maybe they are right here on AA and we can get together soon.

I’m interested in owning a physical copy!