IGNORED

Halloween special: New Game (SplatterVania)

phoboz

12 hours ago, Eternal-Krauser said:

Screenshot_20230515-194557_Chrome.jpg

Nice try. I checked the manual, there is no mention of qhack,  and this must be a very recent addition on SBs website, maybe even after I made my point?!

But at least you both understand the issue.

Now, check the "boxart" done by Jagbitz, as I assume he did the very same thing he did with the Frogger artwork. 

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Buffalo Biff Burgertime said:

which left me feeling like uh... shit, I hope I didn't stir up issue here or whatever.

TBH, I suspect The Removers library is actually just incorrectly licensed. As phoboz claimed in a follow up, a license that requires dynamic linking doesn't make much sense on Jaguar, and it seems likely the intent was just that users contribute back any fixes or improvements they make to the library itself, which is generally why people use the LGPL.

That said, I don't think my interpretation there was incorrect. If separate permission was granted from the copyright holders of all code in The Removers library, you're fine. If not, building and distributing a ROM using it without making the source available technically puts you in violation of the license from my understanding. If it's the former, I'd want it in writing personally, and keep in mind that unless the project requires copyright grant, that permission has to include *all* contributors that have made copyrightable changes. OSS licensing can be a nightmare if you don't pick your license carefully.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, neitcho said:

Hi, I'm Phoboz brother. It makes me sick he doesn't have the opportunity to defend himself. By the way my first console was an Atari 2600.

If you're really Phoboz's brother, you're surely aware that he was banned for creating more than one fake account on the forum, one of which he was actively using to post with?  Are you okay with that?  This is why he presently doesn't have the opportunity to defend himself.

..Al

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Albert said:

If you're really Phoboz's brother, you're surely aware that he was banned for creating more than one fake account on the forum, one of which he was actively using to post with?  Are you okay with that?  This is why he presently doesn't have the opportunity to defend himself.

..Al

I've been lurking here since long before the incident. We've had a thread about it that has now been locked and as I understand you've got an apology. Now accusations are being thrown at him in a game thread. I think enough is enough!

52 minutes ago, neitcho said:

I've been lurking here since long before the incident. We've had a thread about it that has now been locked and as I understand you've got an apology. Now accusations are being thrown at him in a game thread. I think enough is enough!

You're really not helping the situation, does your brother know you are posting here?

..Al

• Like 2

3 hours ago, neitcho said:

With HARD PROOF.

Will we see 'Hi, I'm Phoboz's original clone' next?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Well, you are contributing to it too. ;-)

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a weirdo. But this community attracts those that make me seem quite normal in comparison.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a weirdo. But this community attracts those that make me seem quite normal in comparison.

Nah, but when you start an argument, you gotta take responsibilty for it and not complain about things you are part of. 

5 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Nah, but when you start an argument, you gotta take responsibilty for it and not complain about things you are part of. 

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that I'm the reason for the Jag attracting such crazies, but you do you.

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that I'm the reason for the Jag attracting such crazies, but you do you.

That is not my conclusion, but rather yours. If you don't like this community as a whole, why are you here? 

BTW, there is no "the community". I see two camps of an handful of individuals bullshitting at each other, while the majority sits back.

Edited by agradeneu

7 hours ago, agradeneu said:

That is not my conclusion, but rather yours. If you don't like this community as a whole, why are you here? 

Yeah, don't even try to turn this around on me, you're the one who jumped in here with your snide comment to me first. And as to why I'm here, I've been involved in the community since the very beginning. Old habits die hard.

7 hours ago, agradeneu said:

BTW, there is no "the community". I see two camps of an handful of individuals bullshitting at each other, while the majority sits back.

This argument is well over a decade past its expiration date. There are no "two camps" in the Jag community, the JS2 days ended a long time ago.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, agradeneu said:

42 minutes ago, Sauron said:

This argument is well over a decade past its expiration date. There are no "two camps" in the Jag community, the JS2 days ended a long time ago.

You're both right. And that's the part of the community I love. A bunch of people interested in a super fringe thing from 30 years ago that can't fully get along because they can't agree on the most minute details of that thing and its legacy, yet can't let it go either. If you step back, it's beautiful, really.

• Like 6