IGNORED

Is there a comprehensive list of games that require bank switching?

Now that the backbit has bank switching it's opened up this and now I (and others i'm sure) are going to be wanting to know what games are now available that were not without it.

I know there is the ECS baseball game, but wouldn't that one not work unless you have the full ECS setup?  

I'm thinking more in the vein of homebrews that require this, but don't require ECS hardware.  Most of us have intellivisions without ECS.  

There are some but not a ton... At a minimum TNT Cowboy by Kai Magazine and Onion, which you can get here:

ECS Baseball but that was recently converted to non-ECS and also the bankswitching was removed to make it more "emulator friendly" by @intvdave

I'm sure there are others... Kai Magazine recent games look absolutely stunning and I'm guessing more of those will support bankswitching to gain a bigger rom size.

As the author of Nintellivision (INTV emulator for the Nintendo DS/DSi), I've been on the fence for adding ECS-style banking support. There just hasn't been enough reason in the past - but that is starting to change. The juice is now almost worth the squeeze of adding the support.  I wish there as that one killer free game that would get me to actually work on the codebase... like a nice Treasure of Tarmin II that only works with banking :)

Old emulators like Nostalgia, Bliss, and Jzintv have and do support ECS style bank switching.  I think World Series Baseball was first modified to use the Intellicart/CC3 bank switching used in those cartridges.  A more recent modification removed the requirement of the ECS keyboard, but I think it still requires ECS RAM.

Edited by mr_me