IGNORED

Emulator

Scooby9261

Hi there. I have been having issues since i reinstalled Mac OS on my computer. I am running 10.13.6 OS and i cant find an emulator that runs well and I use to be able to play Cybermorph no problem. Also trying to see if i can find an emulator that runs CD games. I want to play Battlemorph. I actually own these 2 games, but i dont have a working Jaguar. I didnt know if anyone could help me find an older version of an emulator that will run on High Sierra. I had one running on the computer before. As long as i muted the sound the games were playable. But the sound was always messed up. Any help would be awesome. Thanks folks.

I do want to get a new Jaguar or a working one, but i am shocked how much the price has gone up. Gone are the days of finding one around $125-150 ey ? 

Thanks ya'll 

My fav systems

Jaguar

Dreamcast

Saturn 

3D0

Id love to find a way of playing all of these systems on my computer. 

In the Mac world I have found Virtual Jaguar is alright, but the best was oddly achieved by emulating Android with the "Blue Stack" emulator, and then running Irata Jaguar on the Android.

But the CD game, well, that I haven't tried.   Let us know what you find.

• Like 1

I don't think any emulator can run battle morph.  I think there is only one emulator that can run CD games and it is one of the 20 year old ones like project tempest, and in regards to CD emulation I think it can only emulate two games well enough to get into the gameplay, which I think are primal rage and world tour racing if my memory is correct.

4 hours ago, sirlynxalot said:

I don't think any emulator can run battle morph.  I think there is only one emulator that can run CD games and it is one of the 20 year old ones like project tempest, and in regards to CD emulation I think it can only emulate two games well enough to get into the gameplay, which I think are primal rage and world tour racing if my memory is correct.

I thought Baldies worked too, but I might be wrong about that (it's been a while since I looked into this). It's definitely Project Tempest though, no one else has CD support to the best of my knowledge. 

Can the SD Cart play CD games ? Id heard it did but i have not seen any videos of anyone doing this. Id love to find a basic Jaguar console w one controller and get the SD cart if it can play CD games. I want to play Battlemorph so bady it hurts. Thats one of my fav games of all time, i know others dont like it. But i like Cybermorph and Battlemorph. Just mute the sound when ya play Cybermorph ;-)

If anyone has a Jaguar that works they are willing to sell please PM me. Id love to just get a new Jag and save up for the CD drive (again) if needed and get the SD Cart. I miss my Jaguar. I know many dont like the system but i loved it. No one else zones off and plays Club Drive for hours ? Or one of the best Doom ports ? Or Iron Soldier I or II ? Theres def very few games that are good, but a lot of addicting games for me. I must have been born on another planet i guess haha. 

Anyone know of anyone selling a Jag at a decent price ? 

Thanks for all the help folks. I got one emulator to work with Cybermorph so im happy... kinda haha 🙂

I have Phoenix on my PC. I'll see if I have the translation files, don't remember if I have it in English or if I just make do without. I don't think you really need it in English to use it, I think it's pretty clear how to load a game and stuff even if it isn't in English.

For your other question about using the recent jag flash cart to emulate the jag CD, yes that's supported by the cart. However buying the flash cart and the jag these days could cost you in excess of 400 or 500 bucks if you need to go to eBay for a jag.

52 minutes ago, Scooby9261 said:

I can turn on Phoenix but its in Russian and it tells me to put translate files into the folder the app is installed in. But i cant find said folder. How do i install this emulator where it makes a folder or how do i explore my computer to find the folder ? Thanks sorry to bug folks. 

https://www.ngemu.com/threads/phoenix-project-3do-emulator-translated-into-english.191753/

The forum search is your friend 🙂

Ok i figured it out. It says it can run CD games, but i cant try it right now. But so far its loaded most of the games. It starts Iron Soldier I and II but when it goes to start the actual game play part after the menus it just stays on a black screen with the music playing. But i got Cybermorph running on Phoenix and its running much faster than Virtual Jaguar. Thanks everyone so much for the help. Greatly appreciated. Y

Yeah I looked on Ebay it looks like yeah im gonna have to drop waaaaaay too much to be able to play Battlemorph it seems 😞

But im happy with the few games I have to play now and they run much better. Thanks again

Does Atari's new console play Jaguar games ? I have asked on a few forums and no one has answered. Id be interested in getting that new system if it plays Jag and Jag CD games. I have a bunch of CD games i bought at Kaybee years ago. Would love to be able to play Iron Soldier I or II and Battlemorph as i mentioned earlier. But i have not gotten an answer on weather the new system plays Jag games. I would think it would, but the Jaguar gets ignored a lot it seems. But before i buy it i want to make sure. Id rather buy that system that can do the others things along with it than spend the money on an actual console. Those prices are crazy. I bought my original Jaguar for $29.99 and the CD unit for $34.99 at Kaybee. Yeah... and im looking at the prices and just nope lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks as always. 🙂

14 hours ago, Scooby9261 said:

Does Atari's new console play Jaguar games ? I have asked on a few forums and no one has answered. Id be interested in getting that new system if it plays Jag and Jag CD games. I have a bunch of CD games i bought at Kaybee years ago. Would love to be able to play Iron Soldier I or II and Battlemorph as i mentioned earlier. But i have not gotten an answer on weather the new system plays Jag games. I would think it would, but the Jaguar gets ignored a lot it seems. But before i buy it i want to make sure. Id rather buy that system that can do the others things along with it than spend the money on an actual console. Those prices are crazy. I bought my original Jaguar for $29.99 and the CD unit for $34.99 at Kaybee. Yeah... and im looking at the prices and just nope lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks as always. 🙂

There are no jaguar games available for the new VCS system just yet, but the new Atari 50 collection will contain 9 Jag titles among its collection of games. This release is currently delayed for the VCS, but should be out soon. This will be the first time many of these jag games were ported outside the original console. To the best of my knowledge there are no jag cd games yet. IS 1 and 2 and Battlemorph are not on offer at this time.

• Like 1

^ Im thinking of getting the VCS. See if i can find a used one online. Thanks for everyones help. Fun discussions 🙂

Is their any reason why the Jaguar CD has not been emulated properly ? Is it hard to do ? Or because of its popularity lacking, no one has bothered ?

Weird theres def more of a resurgence of the Jaguar in recent years. I wish id bought a few more when they were $24.99 @ KB toys lol 
Just hope in the future the entire library (even the bad games) get a proper release. I want the good, bad and ugly ;-)

Back to Defender 2000 i go ;-)

Speaking of emulation, there was something I wanted to share with you guys somewhat Jaguar related.

I bought IS3 for the PlayStation as I wanted to compare it to my Nuon version and while playing it I remembered reading about PlayStation emulators that improve the games. Long story short, I sat down and installed an emulator on my Xbox series X. Imagine my amazement when after some first unsuccessful and very ugly attempts I was playing IS3 at 4k resolution, filtered textures and and and ... Incredible, crisp graphics like never before... Needless to say I spent my evening with that game in awe and only missing my jaguar pad controls for perfection.:D

Excuse the bad phone pictures but I thought some of you might find this interesting.

IMG_20221114_010840.jpg

IMG_20221114_013902.jpg

IMG_20221114_010858.jpg

IMG_20221114_013852.jpg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, alucardX said:

I bought, played and enjoyed IS3 on the PSX as well. I still have my copy.

It's still good. It's really long ago that I gave it a spin. Now I wish there would be a part 4 on a modern system.:)

I tried several mech games and it never felt the same. Even Titanfall 2 which I really enjoyed didn't give this huge robot in a city rampage vibe.:D

16 hours ago, PeterG said:

It's still good. It's really long ago that I gave it a spin. Now I wish there would be a part 4 on a modern system.:)

I tried several mech games and it never felt the same. Even Titanfall 2 which I really enjoyed didn't give this huge robot in a city rampage vibe.:D

You're right, an IS4 on modern systems would be really good. I'm not a huge fan of VR but that is a game that could adapt to VR really well. It is slow paced and could actually utilize head tracking and all of that. Aside from VR I would welcome the Iron Soldier experience in modern gaming because I agree with you about the feel of the Iron Soldier games being unique.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 1:32 PM, Sporadic said:

Thanks again to everyone for the help 🙂 I cant stop playing Cybermorph (on mute of course! lol). Happy to be able to play some of my Jag games again. Hopefully the new Atari VCS will add more Jag and Jag CD games in the future. I posted in the VCS forum, but if anyone knows a good place to find a new VCS (just need one controller for it for now) thatd be awesome if you could point me in the right direction. Im def getting this 50th anni game pack that came out, hopefully the VCS version comes out soon. But i think im sold on getting the VCS for the most part, but i dont want to buy one new if i can help it. Thanks again and take care.

-Walt 

• Like 1

One more thing about IS3 which is really funny: I took a look at the PSX manual and it has some really weird and random credits. I'll attach a screenshot but I translated them as well I thought you might enjoy it, I was really surprised to see something like that. Weird and also full of typos, quite entertaining

Euro Electronic Trade thanks ...

All employees of Telegames UK as well as Telegames USA for the support at the ECTS 2000 in London Olympia

Marc Rosocha from Eclipse Software for his support with any questions about Iron Soldier 3.
Mr. Kong for the great evening in his restaurant (21, Lisle Street, Chinatown London)

Planet Hollywood, for the VIP Card, which I couldn't use this year (there was no queue).

The typesetter for mistakes on our promotional poster.

Matheus Müller Sektkellereien GmbH, for their branded sparkling wine.

McDonald's for including the McXIKO dip with a 20 McNuggets.

The printing company Paul Backes, for the quick realization of the German instructions.

John T. Edelmann
November 2000

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

IMG_20221123_224655.jpg

• Like 1

I dont own a Windows PC or an Android device and a lot of these emulators are not available for Mac Os it seems. I have one emulator Phoenix. It runs a bunch of games but no CD games or titles like Iron Soldier I. A lot of the more graphic intense games dont work. AvP does tho, and theres a speed up option which brings the frame rate up big time and makes the game much better imho. So theres some cool stuff here. But i ordered a VCS so im holding my breath that Jaguar titles start to become more available on the new system. Theres some games id love to play and without blowing a lot of $ on new hardware to replace my tired hardware etc.. I cant play them it seems. Battlemorph is one of my favs, that was what Cybermorph should of been. I love Cybermorph tho, i just play it with the sound off haha! 

THanks everyone 🙂

Fingers crossed this new emulator comes out for Mac OS ! WOOT WOOT !!!!

Edited by Scooby9261

36 minutes ago, Scooby9261 said:

I dont own a Windows PC or an Android device and a lot of these emulators are not available for Mac Os it seems. I have one emulator Phoenix. It runs a bunch of games but no CD games or titles like Iron Soldier I. A lot of the more graphic intense games dont work. AvP does tho, and theres a speed up option which brings the frame rate up big time and makes the game much better imho. So theres some cool stuff here. But i ordered a VCS so im holding my breath that Jaguar titles start to become more available on the new system. 

Don't forget the new VCS can be used in PC Mode, so you could use that to run any emulators your Mac doesn't support.