IGNORED

Issue with my copy of 5200 A/W/A Space Assailants 2121 - crashing issues

BIGHMW

Hey guys,

you know I was trying to film some in-game footage of both Turmoil and also Space Assailants 2121 for what would've been this week's episodes of the Atari 5200 SuperReport, and while my gameplay also needs some improvement as I have not played my unit in quite some time (perhaps a slight controller change is all she needs 😉), I also noticed that I had issues with my copy of SA 2121 crashing during the middle of gameplay, either immediately restarting or resetting me back to the main menu, so here is my ROM of it and if either Eric @eea or Robert @rra can help me locate a proper functioning ROM of it so I can do a proper review of this rather brilliant port for the 5200 and put up that link to both AA and also on my Ray Jackson YouTube channel on the upcoming episode featuring their great game in which I will air later on this week then that'd be great! :) 

Space Assailants 2121.ROM

Ray, there is nothing wrong with the game. watch your video real close, the game is OVER when you either get hit three times or you fail to shoot all the enemy's and they reach the bottom of the screen. If you watch real close you will see that every time, you either get hit three times or they reach the bottom. getting hit three times is what happens to you most of the time in your video at least. Just watch the video and pay close attention to what is happening. or play the game and pay closer attention, you will see what is going on. the game works just fine.

• Like 3

Ray, thanks for featuring the game on your YouTube channel.  Thanks also to RB5200 for pointing out that your game ended when you lost 3 lives and went back to the main screen.  We plan on releasing a 14-game multicart through AtariAge next year that will address this issue and add a delay after you get killed.

• Like 2

Yes in further watching the video, I'm guessing Ray wasn't seeing that hitting the falling stars was in fact deducting from his lives counter since it doesn't have a pause or anything like that to tell you a life was lost and just keeps trucking like nothing happened. It was only by watching his lives counter that I could see that it was ticking down when he was getting hit by the falling star alien shots.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rra said:

Ray, thanks for featuring the game on your YouTube channel.  Thanks also to RB5200 for pointing out that your game ended when you lost 3 lives and went back to the main screen.  We plan on releasing a 14-game multicart through AtariAge next year that will address this issue and add a delay after you get killed.

A multicart would be really cool. And A delay or (removal of the fire button to start the game,) would be good to. But maybe you could do something about the blue text on blue background as well, It is a little hard too see. just a thought.

• Like 2

I tried her yet again and now I see what @RB5200 and @rra were talking about, it appears that I may be running/crashing into those falling stars on my way across the screen before they completely disappear off the screen. They're at the bottom and I somehow run into them before they are completely gone.

Thanks! But I DO want to sharpen up my skills on both it and also on Turmoil so I don't play like some hack with a very low score, the videos will be out by Saturday.

Also I feel a little under the weather so I might show symptoms of it, so please excuse me for that, I hope I can do a take on both episodes without having my audience seeing me with a giveaway of a cold, I'm currently here at home but might have to go to work both tomorrow and Saturday (my shift in the dairy case is from 6:00 am-10:00 am) so I'll hopefully be fine, I'm even to go by script for both games including little factoids on both as well, so I don't ramble on constantly.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody and good gaming to you all!!!

Edited by BIGHMW

On 11/23/2022 at 10:13 PM, BIGHMW said:

I tried her yet again and now I see what @RB5200 and @rra were talking about, it appears that I may be running/crashing into those falling stars on my way across the screen before they completely disappear off the screen. They're at the bottom and I somehow run into them before they are completely gone.

Hey @BIGHMW, pm one of US instead for these kinds of issues instead of making a thread about it. Maybe contact the developer about it.

But if I were you, I'd contact one of your friends instead as the internet can be nasty. Or someone like me, who will support you. 

Not blaming any of the people on this thread for being "nasty" though, it's just that you didn't do the right thing in creating this thread.

However, good job on fixing the issue! I hope you continue to have fun with this game!

E.C.

• Haha 2