Jump to content
IGNORED

It's Conner time 3! V23.75 out now! ((c) 2023!) (Note: DOESN'T WORK ON JS7800.)


Ecernosoft
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

Also, what else do I need to do? I am open to advice. 

Sign the ROM - program with instructions are attached below:

 

7800Sign.zip

 

Test the ROM from [C]ommand [L]ine:

7800sign -t mygamename.a78

or

7800sign -t mygamename.bin

 

Write a valid signature from [C]ommand [L]ine:

7800sign -w mygamename.a78

or

7800sign -w mygamename.bin
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Trebor said:

Sign the ROM - program with instructions are attached below:

 

7800Sign.zip 104.72 kB · 0 downloads

 

Test the ROM from [C]ommand [L]ine:

7800sign -t mygamename.a78

or

7800sign -t mygamename.bin

 

Write a valid signature from [C]ommand [L]ine:

7800sign -w mygamename.a78

or

7800sign -w mygamename.bin

Oh, so the code I got (NOT MADE) didn't work..... too bad.

Ok then, I'll try this out.

 

Edit: Ok, I have 2 questions:

1. mygamename would be the file name right?

2. What is -t and what is -w ? 

 

(I'm new to CLI, so you know)

Edited by Ecernosoft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

Oh, so the code I got (NOT MADE) didn't work..... too bad.

Ok then, I'll try this out.

Replacing $87 with $47 *did* work.  That code references where to check for the signature.

A valid signature needs to be created after updating the aforementioned code.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Trebor said:

Replacing $87 with $47 *did* work.  That code references where to check for the signature.

A valid signature needs to be created after updating the aforementioned code.

I thought I had a signature, but ok. So, some questions:

1. Is there a way to do this IN THE SOURCE CODE? I don't want to need to do this every time I make an update otherwise. And concerto says that the files have a valid signature when I run the .a78 on that, and the signature hasn't changed since. 

2. If not, is there a better way to do this? Just asking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Silver Back said:

Do we seriously need 2 it's Conner time threads. There's no reason to have two. This one is turning out just like the first so can they at least be merged or one closed. 

You know why I made this. The drama.

That's why.

(Also because I didn't want ICT3 looking bad because it had a ton of drama on it's page.)

 

Edit: The first one is DORMANT.

Edited by Ecernosoft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

1. mygamename would be the file name right?

As recently posted:

image.png.ab92e800f434cc1dc47d70cc2bf710fa.png

image.png.8b963a7de6629ca89400e16a517c4105.png

10 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

2. What is -t and what is -w ? 

-t = a7800sign's command line switch to test the ROM.

-w = a7800sign's command line switch to write the ROM.

12 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

(I'm new to CLI, so you know)

Sure... I'm just about out of food anyhow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Trebor said:

As recently posted:

image.png.ab92e800f434cc1dc47d70cc2bf710fa.png

image.png.8b963a7de6629ca89400e16a517c4105.png

-t = a7800sign's command line switch to test the ROM.

-w = a7800sign's command line switch to write the ROM.

Sure... I'm just about out of food anyhow.

1. Thanks.

2. Also thanks.

3. 

Happy thanksgiving! Thanks for spending some of your time with me. (I hope I didn't irritate you, I appreciate the help)

Edited by Ecernosoft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to It's Conner time 3! V18.5 out now! (This version has the $47 byte at location $FFF9)
3 hours ago, Trebor said:

It is now. I will say no more on that mess. 

(I will admit I did say one final thing. That's the last thing I'll say there.)

 

Edit 2: Yeah, this thread is starting to become chaotic. I shouldn't have made it. But it's too late now! (Sigh of dissapointment)

I sort-of-wish you could delete a thread if you created it. 

Edited by Ecernosoft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, gambler172 said:

I support every new game and for a 14 year old guy, you are talented. And the 7800 users welcome every new game.

THANK YOU. 😃 

 

 

Edit: just a question, but @Trebor my header is at $3F80. The $47 means the header would be at $3F80-$3FFF right? Just asking. Also, thanks for the info.

Edited by Ecernosoft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ecernosoft said:

Edit: just a question, but @Trebor my header is at $3F80. The $47 means the header would be at $3F80-$3FFF right? Just asking. Also, thanks for the info.

Even though you might ORG the header at $3F80 for the purposes of pre-pending it to the ROM, the header doesn't actually live in that address space. The header gets parsed+skipped by the emulator or flashcart when it's loading the rom into memory. Your ROM starts at $4000, not $3F80.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RevEng said:

Even though you might ORG the header at $3F80 for the purposes of pre-pending it to the ROM, the header doesn't actually live in that address space. The header gets parsed+skipped by the emulator or flashcart when it's loading the rom into memory. Your ROM starts at $4000, not $3F80.

That's true.

So, does my header need to be ORG'd at $4000 instead? or does it not? Every game I made has it org'd at $3F80 if a header exists for that game. 

 

By the way, thank you for everything. This helps a lot. I plan to make ICT3 a *real* game, so having this helps a ton.

Edited by Ecernosoft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Hi Ecerno

Do you have a Pal or an NTSC system?

NTSC

as shown in my 320B artifacting

Are you in PALand?

 

Speaking of artifacting.... ICT2 7800 was *Supposed* to use 320A artifacting, but I refrained from it because the colors were hard to get right. 

Then I thought of 320C, which CAN produce a butload of colors (Over 16 colors using tricks) using artifacts, but then I refrained from that because:

1. NTSC users with RGB/Svid mods

2. PAL users

Edited by Ecernosoft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ecernosoft said:

NTSC

as shown in my 320B artifacting

Are you in PALand?

 

Speaking of artifacting.... ICT2 7800 was *Supposed* to use 320A artifacting, but I refrained from it because the colors were hard to get right. 

Then I thought of 320C, which CAN produce a butload of colors (Over 16 colors using tricks) using artifacts, but then I refrained from that because:

1. NTSC users with RGB/Svid mods

2. PAL users

I live in Germany, but I use normally an NTSC system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Hi Ecerno

sorry, the latest version does not work on Dragonfly with NTSC system. 😭

I do not know, what is the problem. The game loads, but I get a black screen.

That's unfortunate =(

I just released 19.0 though! And I did check... 18.5 works on concerto

 

Thanks for the info!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to It's Conner time 3! V19.0 out now! (Turbo's mad you called him an easy boss.)

Hi Ecerno

How about this? It seems to be difficult, to get it work on Dragonfly....so continue your work....as it works on Concerto....

However, I could test on both carts. I also own a Concerto....

Checked your actual verion 0.19

Works very well on my Concerto.

On Dragonfly...again a black screen.

Hope this helps.

Greetings Walter

Edited by gambler172
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Version 0.19 won't work with Dragonfly because this version is also missing a signature:

 

Karls-MBP:Downloads kdgarris$ 7800sign -t ICT3_V19.0.a78 
Read $C000 bytes of cartridge data.
Cartridge hash area is from $4000 to $FFFF.
Cartridge signature for 'ICT3_V19.0.a78' appears to be empty.

 

Adding it appears to work fine:

 

Karls-MBP:Downloads kdgarris$ 7800sign -w ICT3_V19.0.a78 
Read $C000 bytes of cartridge data.
Cartridge hash area is from $4000 to $FFFF.
Cartridge signature for 'ICT3_V19.0.a78' appears to be empty.
Encrypting... 00 success!

A valid cartridge signature is:
06 20 1b 8e b6 dd d2 7f  22 c4 e8 a9 50 b0 d0 c8
41 c1 92 cd 3e 98 6d d0  f5 76 df 18 c5 9d 72 93
b4 0a 80 8b 11 52 42 cb  a8 76 a9 b7 a7 ac 98 ab
29 4d 14 09 6e 0a f0 b0  40 05 a8 09 12 fb b0 40
37 8b 22 9f b7 7e 11 7f  fe d9 99 26 3a b7 4b 50
cb d8 8e 95 4f 9c 8c ea  b8 7a 95 bb 80 b9 20 a5
53 e6 be 50 53 ff 6b 35  60 0a 8d 47 e4 39 72 5f
85 3a 32 4e ce b4 e6 54

Wrote back 120 bytes to 'ICT3_V19.0.a78'.

 

Tested again to check:

 

Karls-MBP:Downloads kdgarris$ 7800sign -t ICT3_V19.0.a78 
Read $C000 bytes of cartridge data.
Cartridge hash area is from $4000 to $FFFF.
Cartridge signature for 'ICT3_V19.0.a78' is valid!

 

@Ecernosoft have you been able to use this tool yourself to sign your ROMs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Karl G said:

Version 0.19 won't work with Dragonfly because this version is also missing a signature:

 

Karls-MBP:Downloads kdgarris$ 7800sign -t ICT3_V19.0.a78 
Read $C000 bytes of cartridge data.
Cartridge hash area is from $4000 to $FFFF.
Cartridge signature for 'ICT3_V19.0.a78' appears to be empty.

 

Adding it appears to work fine:

 

Karls-MBP:Downloads kdgarris$ 7800sign -w ICT3_V19.0.a78 
Read $C000 bytes of cartridge data.
Cartridge hash area is from $4000 to $FFFF.
Cartridge signature for 'ICT3_V19.0.a78' appears to be empty.
Encrypting... 00 success!

A valid cartridge signature is:
06 20 1b 8e b6 dd d2 7f  22 c4 e8 a9 50 b0 d0 c8
41 c1 92 cd 3e 98 6d d0  f5 76 df 18 c5 9d 72 93
b4 0a 80 8b 11 52 42 cb  a8 76 a9 b7 a7 ac 98 ab
29 4d 14 09 6e 0a f0 b0  40 05 a8 09 12 fb b0 40
37 8b 22 9f b7 7e 11 7f  fe d9 99 26 3a b7 4b 50
cb d8 8e 95 4f 9c 8c ea  b8 7a 95 bb 80 b9 20 a5
53 e6 be 50 53 ff 6b 35  60 0a 8d 47 e4 39 72 5f
85 3a 32 4e ce b4 e6 54

Wrote back 120 bytes to 'ICT3_V19.0.a78'.

 

Tested again to check:

 

Karls-MBP:Downloads kdgarris$ 7800sign -t ICT3_V19.0.a78 
Read $C000 bytes of cartridge data.
Cartridge hash area is from $4000 to $FFFF.
Cartridge signature for 'ICT3_V19.0.a78' is valid!

 

@Ecernosoft have you been able to use this tool yourself to sign your ROMs?

No... because I suck at CLI. =/

I thought I had a header though? Odd. Concerto says it's valid too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you going to the directory that holds the 7800 sign program then attempting the write command? I haven't tried to sign anything myself yet, although it looks fairly straight forward. I might have a go later tonight just for kicks. Im assuming by putting both the 7800sign program and the gameROM in same directory then writing within is all it needs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to It's Conner time 3! V23.75 out now! ((c) 2023!) (Note: DOESN'T WORK ON JS7800.)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...