IGNORED

I'm giving in to madness and going for a full set of officially-released games

T.A.P.

Lemmings was definitely one of the harder ones to get when I completed my set long ago, I think Lynx Krazy Ace boxed was one of the last ones I got, it's one of the older versions with the bare PCB w/EPROM. It is pretty amazing so many Lynx games are still available NIB....next step for the OP is collecting the "big box" variants and the French (?) blister pack games. I gave up on that madness. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2023 at 6:54 PM, madman said:

Lemmings was definitely one of the harder ones to get when I completed my set long ago, I think Lynx Krazy Ace boxed was one of the last ones I got, it's one of the older versions with the bare PCB w/EPROM. It is pretty amazing so many Lynx games are still available NIB....next step for the OP is collecting the "big box" variants and the French (?) blister pack games. I gave up on that madness. 

Nah, I just want one nice, boxed complete copy of each game. I like the uniformity of having everything in a small box, and with a curved-lip cartridge.

Although my efforts to get a copy of Lemmings continue to be thwarted. Another nice one showed up on eBay this week, and I have been unceremoniously outbid on it, yet again. This one is going for crazy amounts too.

I'm not going to lie, making no progress on this project for months, repeatedly losing out on nice copies of Lemmings, and seeing the increasingly outrageous prices they are going for is incredibly discouraging, to the point I may just give up.

Edited by T.A.P.

1 hour ago, T.A.P. said:

Nah, I just want one nice, boxed complete copy of each game. I like the uniformity of having everything in a small box, and with a curved-lip cartridge.

Although my efforts to get a copy of Lemmings continue to be thwarted. Another nice one showed up on eBay this week, and I have been unceremoniously outbid on it, yet again. This one is going for crazy amounts too.

I'm not going to lie, making no progress on this project for months, repeatedly losing out on nice copies of Lemmings, and seeing the increasingly outrageous prices they are going for is incredibly discouraging, to the point I may just give up.

Hang in there, one will show up. Have you set a saved search on EBay so you get a notification when new copies are listed? You may get lucky that way with a reasonable BIN. Good luck!

T.A.P please don't give up after being so close to finished! Lemmings is a tough one, set up a notifications and email alerts for Lemmings on ebay!

In the meantime, why don't you work on the other ones that you still need? Last time we spoke you still needed a 4 or 5? Happy to help out a fellow collector by pointing you in the right direction!

On 4/28/2023 at 7:54 PM, WesleyrpgAust said:

T.A.P please don't give up after being so close to finished! Lemmings is a tough one, set up a notifications and email alerts for Lemmings on ebay!

In the meantime, why don't you work on the other ones that you still need? Last time we spoke you still needed a 4 or 5? Happy to help out a fellow collector by pointing you in the right direction!

I've had notifications set up for a long time now, so that's covered.

I'm still missing 4 other Lynx games, all of which are readily available. The issue is though I only really have enough spare cash on hand to purchase Lemmings OR some of those other games at the moment, so I'm trying to hold off on those until I snag a Lemmings, cause I'd hate to miss out on one again because I don't have the money set aside.

Edited by T.A.P.
  • Like 1

Sorry to deliver the bad news about World Class Soccer!

Shoot Telegames UK an email at sales@telegames.co.uk to see if they will be getting more stock in!

It's only worth under $20 for cart and manual......adding the box kills the price

Edited by WesleyrpgAust

47 minutes ago, T.A.P. said:

Ug. I just found out my cheap(ish) source for World Class Soccer is now sold out, so now I'm really SOL.

This is getting to be too rich me, just like all the other things I used to collect.

I would not worry too much about World Class Soccer. Eventually you will stumble upon that one for cheap. Rare sports games have a tendency to fall through the cracks ever so often.

2 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I would be remiss not to put a plug in - don't just collect the full set, play them too! Please consider joining us in the high score club and share your thoughts about the games we're playing with your fellow Atarians!

https://forums.atariage.com/forum/103-lynx-high-score-club/

Unfortunately 90% of my collection is sealed new in box, might have to invest in a flash cart!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

You have so many flashcart suppliers right in Australia! Emulator is okay too, though.

Too be perfectly honest I've been waiting for a Lynx emulator for the Analogue Pocket for months now, either that or the Lynx adapter for said console.

Neither are ready

• Sad 1

On 4/3/2023 at 8:54 AM, madman said:

I've started collecting the Black and Red Blister packs.....up to 12 so far.....have my eye on a few more, but these are pretty rare!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WesleyrpgAust said:

I've started collecting the Black and Red Blister packs.....up to 12 so far.....have my eye on a few more, but these are pretty rare!

Yeah I gave up on that, a handful of them are easy to find in the States, but I didn't want to start paying international shipping just for some variants. Good luck tracking more down!

• Like 1

I did not pick up one of the three games I needed, but my boxed copy of European Soccer Challenge arrived today so I can play it without having to worry about opening up my slabbed copy.  I still might open it one day, but I do not need to.

I will probably pick up at least one of the three games I need soon.  The end is near and I do not necessarily want it to end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

I did not pick up one of the three games I needed, but my boxed copy of European Soccer Challenge arrived today so I can play it without having to worry about opening up my slabbed copy.  I still might open it one day, but I do not need to.

I will probably pick up at least one of the three games I need soon.  The end is near and I do not necessarily want it to end.

I tried it out and decided to play a Friendly match, and I won my first match 3 to 2!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get a new World Class Soccer. It cost more than I was hoping, but at least it was cheaper than the few online places that still have it in stock.

Once that gets here, I'll only have four more to go: Lemmings and three Telegames ones that are still sold new.

Edited by T.A.P.

26 minutes ago, T.A.P. said:

I managed to get a new World Class Soccer. It cost more than I was hoping, but at least it was cheaper than the few online places that still have it in stock.

Once that gets here, I'll only have four more to go: Lemmings and three Telegames ones that are still sold new.

I remember that one being tougher to get here in the States too, looking through my inbox I got it for 17GBP plus 5 shipping from a seller in the UK in 2012. I seem to recall it costing much more to source in the US, even back then. 

19 minutes ago, madman said:

I remember that one being tougher to get here in the States too, looking through my inbox I got it for 17GBP plus 5 shipping from a seller in the UK in 2012. I seem to recall it costing much more to source in the US, even back then. 

Up until a couple months ago Telegames still had it for a decent price, but I waited too long and they sold out of it. :(