IGNORED

I'm giving in to madness and going for a full set of officially-released games

T.A.P.

In case you guys missed it, K-retro / Atari Gamer has just started selling New Old Stock Atari Lynx games here in Oz as well, so yes stock is going to dry up even quicker now!

It's also great to see that all 71/73/76 games can still be had reasonably cheap with only 5-10% of titles getting up there in price, which leaves 90% of games as almost affordable.

I can't think of another system/console where you can get the entire Library at a reasonable price.

• 5 months later...

Update time:

I finally did it!

I got Lemmings about a month or so ago and the last three 'official' games I needed arrives from Telegames this past week.

I am also pretty close to having what I call the 'unofficial' releases too: the 5 games Telegames released in the 90s plus the handful Songbird rescued and published.

Of those, I was only missing three of the Telegames ones, which I ordered with the last three official ones. They arrived with them, but two had damaged labels and the third appears to be flat out defective, so I am hoping to get those repaired / replaced.

All that leaves is the three from Songbird I don't have: Lexis, Loops, and Quadromania. Although I have to admit, them removing the lynx logos from their stuff does deflate my enthusiasm a little, cause it means I will have three that stand out from everything else.

I will also probably try to upgrade / replace a few shabby boxes for games I own.

Edited by T.A.P.
  • Like 1

Well done T.A.P, it's been quite the journey hasn't it?

I absolutely detest the new 'game' boxes, so haven't ordered any lately!

I'm still on the lookout for a mint Blue Lightning regular sized box with the blue stripe down the front! (but for the most part i'm done)

There's a few homebrew games i want. like unseen and unknown

2 hours ago, WesleyrpgAust said:

Well done T.A.P, it's been quite the journey hasn't it?

I absolutely detest the new 'game' boxes, so haven't ordered any lately!

I'm still on the lookout for a mint Blue Lightning regular sized box with the blue stripe down the front! (but for the most part i'm done)

There's a few homebrew games i want. like unseen and unknown

Do you have a picture of it? I'll keep an eye out for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent my defective Krazy Ace back to Telegames today. Return shipping, using the cheapest method, of a single Lynx game in a Gameboy plastic case cost me $20.

I really hope I can get this resolved, cause at this point it would be practically cheaper to just buy another copy of the damn game from someone else.

• 4 months later...

Bumping this because I just bought a sealed Pac-Land from eBay.  Not a bad price of $39.95, either.  I already had a sealed Pac-Land, but it is one of only two games I have slabbed and graded, so I was not sure I wanted to crack it open.  I have a loose one with a loose manual to play with.  I was kind of waiting to go after the last three games I needed, Malibu Bikini Volleyball, Jimmy Connors' Tennis, and Viking Child, until after I got an unslabbed Pac-Land.  I think I might finally be ready to finish off the boxed Lynx retail set, the 71 game set, not the 76 game set.

It will be a bittersweet moment.  I have been collecting the Lynx since I got my Lynx II back in 1992.  It has been a fun ride, but I think it is time to finish it.  And then go after the five Telegames releases for 76. ;)

4 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

Malibu Bikini Volleyball, Jimmy Connors' Tennis, and Viking Child, until after I got an unslabbed Pac-Land. 

I think I might finally be ready to finish off the boxed Lynx retail set, the 71 game set, not the 76 game set.

It will be a bittersweet moment.  I have been collecting the Lynx since I got my Lynx II back in 1992.  It has been a fun ride, but I think it is time to finish it.  And then go after the five Telegames releases for 76. ;)

Well thankfully Malibu Beach Volleyball, Jimmy Connors Tennis and Viking Child can be had cheap as new old stock in most places around the world!

The 5 'Telegames' ones are getting very pricey, and the artwork has been recently vandalized with the word 'Game' instead of 'Lynx' on the box so just made sure you ask Songbird for the 'old' box if they still have any left. (licensing)

After that you should try and source a Zaku for the final number of 77 as it's a must own for any serious collector on the Lynx!

52 minutes ago, WesleyrpgAust said:

Well thankfully Malibu Beach Volleyball, Jimmy Connors Tennis and Viking Child can be had cheap as new old stock in most places around the world!

The 5 'Telegames' ones are getting very pricey, and the artwork has been recently vandalized with the word 'Game' instead of 'Lynx' on the box so just made sure you ask Songbird for the 'old' box if they still have any left. (licensing)

After that you should try and source a Zaku for the final number of 77 as it's a must own for any serious collector on the Lynx!

I have Zaku, but I will never consider it part of the full set, it was made way too long after the retail life of the Lynx. Has Songbird changed up the Telegames' boxes too? I thought they were only doing that for their stuff.

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

I have Zaku, but I will never consider it part of the full set, it was made way too long after the retail life of the Lynx. Has Songbird changed up the Telegames' boxes too? I thought they were only doing that for their stuff.

Yeah, Songbird have changed the game art as well. Have a look....

https://songbird-productions.com/product-category/lynx/

They might have some stock of the old boxes, shoot them an email to ask, which ones are still available!

• 5 months later...

Well, I finally did it.  I committed to buy the last three Lynx games I need from MyAtari on eBay.  I am waiting on them to get the combined shipping price back to me.  I wish MyAtari still sold from their website as I always enjoyed looking, and buying, at all the stuff they had on their website.  I know their website is still up, but it seems pointless to look through the stuff now when they do not sell off of it.

Should I go after the five Telegames games next? I probably will.