IGNORED

onEscape - game

Poison

53 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Given the general tendancy with A8 boxed games to have quirky additions

I think the CD with soundtrack would be considered as a quirky addition. But in my case, it would be useless since I down any device that can play optical disks. If I could have a choice, I would prefer audio cassette plus a code to download the soundtrack. 

5 minutes ago, ZuluGula said:

I think the CD with soundtrack would be considered as a quirky addition. But in my case, it would be useless since I down any device that can play optical disks. If I could have a choice, I would prefer audio cassette plus a code to download the soundtrack. 

Yup tis great to have the CD but you are right - would have to dig out my CD player. Nice to own it and just play the digital tracks once converted.

I definitely would love to have this special edition boxed version in my collection. Great game.

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing OnEscape on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, with an EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK REVEAL of the upcoming physical release mockups! Hope you can join us!

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 5

On 1/12/2023 at 7:41 PM, Beeblebrox said:

Yup tis great to have the CD but you are right - would have to dig out my CD player. Nice to own it and just play the digital tracks once converted.

I definitely would love to have this special edition boxed version in my collection. Great game.

The soundrtrack is already available at Poison's bandcamp: https://poison6502.bandcamp.com/album/onescape-game-ost

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2023 at 3:30 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing OnEscape on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, with an EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK REVEAL of the upcoming physical release mockups! Hope you can join us!

Thank you James and Tanya for playing the game! It was fun watching you play.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, pseudografx said:

Thank you James and Tanya for playing the game! It was fun watching you play.

It was a genuine pleasure playing through the game last night and thank you for getting us through some of the tricky parts we got stuck on! The game is incredible and so much fun to play. Excellent graphics, music, writing and user interface! Congrats to the whole team on an huge achievement with onEscape!

- James

• Like 5

I'm sure this was asked during the stream last night but I was only listening in the background. But will the physical cart work on NTSC consoles? Will the palettes be adjusted for NTSC consoles? It might not matter for me since my VBXE is using PAL palettes anyway, but just curious?

21 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I'm sure this was asked during the stream last night but I was only listening in the background. But will the physical cart work on NTSC consoles? Will the palettes be adjusted for NTSC consoles? It might not matter for me since my VBXE is using PAL palettes anyway, but just curious?

The physical release should work on NTSC systems. Regarding colors, adjusting all of the graphics for NTSC palette would be quite a challenge, with nearly 60 images while most contain dozens of colors and are hard-coded in the game code. If possible, I will try to do some tuning at least to some of the colors where it matters (for example to not have green-ish underground tunnels).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just installed a VBXE on my NTSC machine, and now I’m watching some graphic glitches on my monitor using rgb video on this game.When I switch to svideo or composite (original GTIA) it works fine.

also, I don’t have any other issue with VBXE and non-VBXE software. This is the only case.

does anyone know what could be the reason?

Edited by Wilheim

13 hours ago, Wilheim said:

I just installed a VBXE on my NTSC machine, and now I’m watching some graphic glitches on my monitor using rgb video on this game.When I switch to svideo or composite (original GTIA) it works fine.

also, I don’t have any other issue with VBXE and non-VBXE software. This is the only case.

does anyone know what could be the reason?

Couple of questions.

Can you upload a pic of the screen glitches. I am assuming these are vertical bars? 

What A8 are we talking about? 

Is your machine kitted out with both VBXE and u1mb?

Are you using side3 to load the game as a mounted car? 

If you have an atari XE or say an 800xl/600xl and your machine has both VBXE and side3, on some systems I've found it exhibits glitches until you swap out the 74ls08 chip for either a 74f08, it preferably the new o2 fixer chip now available. 

Also I have found that actually where you think you have a fully working gtia, where VBXE is installed, it turns out sometimes something isn't right with it and swapping it out for another gtia works. 

So yeah, let us know all the answers to the above as well need to know them. 

1 hour ago, Beeblebrox said:

If you have an atari XE or say an 800xl/600xl and your machine has both VBXE and side3, on some systems I've found it exhibits glitches until you swap out the 74ls08 chip for either a 74f08, it preferably the new o2 fixer chip now available. 

@Wilheimtypo - meant to say "If you have an atari XE or say an 800xl/600xl and your machine has both VBXE, U1MB and also has side3"

17 minutes ago, Wilheim said:

I’m using an ntsc with u1mb, VBXE, 74f08 with a subcart.

i will try with my original Onescape cartridge as soon as I get back home.

Sure. Be interested to see. I found that the only things I changed that fixed my glitches was the O2 fixer chip and also swapping out the gtia. Where again the gtia I took out was absolutely fine in another A8 I subsequently put it in with no VBXE or u1mb present. 

If you could still upload an image of the glitches? 

12 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Sure. Be interested to see. I found that the only things I changed that fixed my glitches was the O2 fixer chip and also swapping out the gtia. Where again the gtia I took out was absolutely fine in another A8 I subsequently put it in with no VBXE or u1mb present. 

If you could still upload an image of the glitches? 

Well, I just tried with an original cartridge and the glitches faded. The graphics behave better.

it seems that I need a phi2 fixer.

thanks for the advice!

1 hour ago, Wilheim said:

Well, I just tried with an original cartridge and the glitches faded. The graphics behave better.

it seems that I need a phi2 fixer.

thanks for the advice!

It wouldn't hurt to install one. They are very cheap and easy to install. Would be interested to hear if it worked. 

Can you still post an image of the glitches you see when running the game as before?

8 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

It wouldn't hurt to install one. They are very cheap and easy to install. Would be interested to hear if it worked. 

Can you still post an image of the glitches you see when running the game as before?

Here’s a video showing rgb output (VBXE) and svideo ntsc (GTIA). You can see the glitches on rgb.

Edited by Wilheim