IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

no facebook yet for me, i am still locked out of my old original account, and they will not let me made a new one yet either. -- hopefully, one day, i just want to be able to join and browse the ti99 community over there, as there is active members on it, that are not on discord or atariage.

1 minute ago, Gary from OPA said:

no facebook yet for me, i am still locked out of my old original account, and they will not let me made a new one yet either. -- hopefully, one day, i just want to be able to join and browse the ti99 community over there, as there is active members on it, that are not on discord or atariage.

Gotcha, I thought it was kinda neat to be browsing meme's and for this ad to come up with his name as a commenter. I wasn't browsing TI specific.

Schrödinger's tax write-off: a state of superposition where an expense exists as both a legitimate business deduction and a personal indulgence until observed by an auditor or tax authority. Only when someone "opens the box" (examines the records) does the expense collapse into one category or the other! 📊😂

• Haha 4

Current tech trends are resistant to satire precisely because they satirize themselves.

A car park of empty cars, honking at one another, nudging back and forth to drop off nobody, is a perfect image of tech serving its own prerogatives rather than humanity’s.

Imagine being woken up at 4 a.m. by cars honking at each other.

That's what some San Francisco residents have been dealing with for weeks, as the Waymos can be heard in this video honking and blinking headlights in a parking lot outside of their condo.

https://abc7news.com/post/waymo-cars-honk-each-other-night-disturbing-san-francisco-neighbors/15179709/

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

That's what some San Francisco residents have been dealing with for weeks, as the Waymos can be heard in this video honking and blinking headlights in a parking lot outside of their condo.

When I first saw this, all I could think of was, "you know, several well-placed shots would take care of this."

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

Current tech trends are resistant to satire precisely because they satirize themselves.

A car park of empty cars, honking at one another, nudging back and forth to drop off nobody, is a perfect image of tech serving its own prerogatives rather than humanity’s.

Imagine being woken up at 4 a.m. by cars honking at each other.

https://abc7news.com/post/waymo-cars-honk-each-other-night-disturbing-san-francisco-neighbors/15179709/

My theory is that a Mercedes drove by.  Their new AI programming says that honking is the appropriate response to seeing a Hot Car. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, chris36 said:

My theory is that a Mercedes drove by.  Their new AI programming says that honking is the appropriate response to seeing a Hot Car. 

Or a BMW as they are always bad drivers... (well, except for me, I was good when driving my BMW in DR)

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2024 at 5:02 PM, Gary from OPA said:

Ibrahim Al-Nasser from Saudi Arabia holds now the Guinness World Reocrd for connecting over 400+ games consoles to one TV.

I don't see any ti99 system.. a real shame..

It would have been possible to obtain one in-country too. There was a computer store in Riyadh back in 1984 that was the registered Saudi importer of TI-99/4A computers. He imported 2,200 consoles (IIRC, as it may have been only 2,000), a number of PEBs and cards for them (no p-Code though), and a lot of disks and cartridges. Oddly, though he had no p-Code cards, he did have a copy of the Pascal compiler and the other disks for it. I explained that he would never be able to sell it to anyone without the card, so he offered it to me at a discount since I told him I did have one. That set of disks/manuals has now crossed the Atlantic six times (three in each direction).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

It would have been possible to obtain one in-country too. There was a computer store in Riyadh back in 1984 that was the registered Saudi importer of TI-99/4A computers. He imported 2,200 consoles (IIRC, as it may have been only 2,000), a number of PEBs and cards for them (no p-Code though), and a lot of disks and cartridges. Oddly, though he had no p-Code cards, he did have a copy of the Pascal compiler and the other disks for it. I explained that he would never be able to sell it to anyone without the card, so he offered it to me at a discount since I told him I did have one. That set of disks/manuals has now crossed the Atlantic six times (three in each direction).

I have lucky enough 2 p-code cards, but never did get any floppies with them, even tho both included full set of manuals in a binder as well. -- i have recently, shipped one of my extra p-code manual/binders to @Vorticon here since he didn't have an original one. since i have no need to have two sets of pcode manuals. - what, i need to get still is original ti logo manual and binder, i have all the other major ones, like editor/assembler, ti-writer, multiplan in their original binders.

Anyone want to buy the rights to Dragon's Lair for $20,000?

A successful bid will entitle you to:

- publish the four console versions of Dragon' Lair, as say emulated products (physically and digitally), for contemporary systems including but not limited to Nintendo Switch, Sony PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox as well as mobile devices including but not limited to iPhone and to online platforms including but not limited to Steam.

Except to extent described here your successful bid will not entitle you to any rights to the interactive film LaserDisc video game, developed by Advanced Microcomputer Systems and published by Cinematronics in 1983, as the first game in the Dragon's Lair series.

https://www.elite-systems.auction/assign/dragon-s-lair-all-rights_58

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Anyone want to buy the rights to Dragon's Lair for $20,000?

Correct me if I misread this, but it seems to me they are selling their license to the game (including the rights to the four console games developed under that license,) nothing else.  If the Sega Genesis port of Dragon's Lair is complete, it would be interesting to see that finally release.  I think you would be hard-pressed to recoup your $20k with that, or any of the others, for that matter.

Although... ISTR the NES version is pretty good.  Maybe releasing that in a new Coleco Tabletop Arcade would generate something.  Shit, now I am wishing I had $20k to blow just to see what I could do with it.