IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2023)

carlsson

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 298 minutes

IMG_0379.thumb.jpeg.74c97b514485e4420d6b3e3f7c560ae9.jpeg

A real pitched battle to survive in the Diamond Tournament finals. (Duolingo splits weeks differently than my phone does.)

Pikmin Bloom - 445 minutes

IMG_0457.thumb.png.5ea60f9b73bd189013a0e7907cb77c1b.png

I get lucky sometimes.

Vampire Survivors - 56 minutes

Trying out some of the DLC.

Nintendo DS:

DK Jungle Climber - 45 minutes

IMG_0592.thumb.jpeg.e894093aee33f5f4798fbacda1eafe89.jpeg

Secretly the third game in the Clu Clu Land series.

Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Mummy - 175 minutes.

IMG_0579.thumb.jpeg.e8c3ad4fdbd8e28635b5bbb67d4ce372.jpeg

Finished the game. It’s not terrible but not worth going out of your way to play.

Nintendo DSi:

Zengage - 15 minutes

My brain just isn’t wired this way.

PC:

What did I use my fancy new hardware on? Only the most intense games imaginable…

The Pinball Arcade - 45 minutes

IMG_0540.thumb.jpeg.843266ebdd088ee2ef5a2568a0996b3c.jpeg

Trombone Champ - 150 minutes

IMG_0537.thumb.jpeg.50076e49df8838b16a194dd70a6205c6.jpeg

Buttery smooth sliding.

• Like 3

This week I started feeling better and played:

Sonic Origins for PS5 - 365 minutes

Sonic World (R9 rev 2) for PC - 115 minutes

Progress:

Sonic Origins - I completed the Sonic & Knuckles half of Sonic 3 & Knuckles as Knuckles in Anniversary mode, then completed all four games as Amy in Anniversary mode and spent coins in the museum menu to unlock a lot of stuff.

Sonic World - First I sorted out my save file progress to choose the best one to use as my main file. The result was my Sonic-only file was the best as I had more emblems collected in some levels instead of just the first acts. From here on I am just going to use this file to play any level I want as any character with the hopes that I can gradually get more S rank emblems and try the other acts of each stage where you have to complete a different goal than just finding the exit. For the time I counted, I started a YouTube stream and played some levels as random characters I felt like using, getting a couple more S rank emblems I didn't have in the process.

• Like 4

Good times with xenomorphs once again this week! I've been wanting to play Aliens: Infestation on the Nintendo DS for half past forever, but physical copies were always far too expensive so I finally decided to give it a go on the Retroid Pocket 3+. I totally understand why physical copies go for so much now, since it was made by the WayForward team who made Shantae and the amount of care and attention to detail they put into all their games certainly shows here. I enjoyed Aliens: Infestation so much that I played through it all the way from beginning to end, and found it easy and unobtrusive to just switch between the two screens for inventory management and checking the map using the Retroid Pocket 3+'s L2 and R2 buttons.

After completing Aliens: Infestation (and being a little sad it was over since it was a darn amazing game) I decided to give Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles on the PSP a try. This remake of Rondo of Blood is quite true to the original PC Engine CD-ROM² version, though it feels a bit more difficult to me and I found it funny that the official English translation voice acting from Konami is WAY worse than the English voice acting in the fan translation for the PC Engine that I played through earlier this year! Definitely stick with the fan translation if you want quality voice work and dialogue :lol:

20230725035450_IMG_21812.thumb.JPG.7cf594f1a3f831d2f6e070f0eb0606ab.JPG

Nintendo DS
Aliens: Infestation - 565 minutes

PSP
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - 180 minutes

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, carlsson said:

Sorry for being picky, but was that the digital Bedrock edition, or the physical Xbox One edition?

Thanks for the clarification question - it was digital Bedrock.  I do still have that physical version specifically titled "Xbox One edition," but it stayed on the shelf this past week.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Good times with xenomorphs once again this week! I've been wanting to play Aliens: Infestation on the Nintendo DS for half past forever, but physical copies were always far too expensive so I finally decided to give it a go on the Retroid Pocket 3+. I totally understand why physical copies go for so much now, since it was made by the WayForward team who made Shantae and the amount of care and attention to detail they put into all their games certainly shows here. I enjoyed Aliens: Infestation so much that I played through it all the way from beginning to end, and found it easy and unobtrusive to just switch between the two screens for inventory management and checking the map using the Retroid Pocket 3+'s L2 and R2 buttons.

This game is on my backlog list as well.  I played it briefly on a DS multi-cart (that now does not function), and I would like to get a DS multi-cart working some day.  Maybe I should get on that.

How did the emulator deal with the dual screen on that handheld?

• Like 2

Week 30

Top games

1. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition [Digital] (Xbox One) - 1341 min.
2. Minecraft (for Windows) (PC) - 870 min. (#1)
3. Taonga: the Island Farm (Browser based) - 608 min. (#3)
4. Aliens: Infestation (DS) - 565 min.
5. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 445 min. (#2)
6. Sonic Origins & Plus (PS5) - 365 min. (#6)
7. Duolingo (iOS) - 298 min. (#4)
8. Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (PSP) - 180 min.
9. Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Mummy (DS) - 175 min.
10. Trombone Champ (PC) - 150 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One (1 game) - 1341 min. (#4)
2. PC (4 games) - 1180 min. (#1)
3. iOS (3 games) - 799 min. (#2)
4. DS (3 games) - 785 min.
5. Browser based (1 game) - 608 min. (#3)
6. PS5 (1 game) - 365 min. (#6)
7. PSP (1 game) - 180 min.
8. Android (3 games) - 120 min. (#5)
9. Xbox Series S/X (1 game) - 53 min. (#7)
10. DSi (1 game) - 15 min.

Total 5446 minutes and 19 different games (of which 3 new) on 10 different systems, with 6 participants.

Minecraft scores a double win this week, both on PC and Xbox One, of which the later also becomes the most played system despite only one title played. No changes to the 50, 150, 300 Hour Clubs.

In case anyone missed to post their times, as always I will catch up next week (now that I actually posted stats on the nominative day).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TheGameCollector said:

Just curious, when I do get around to the Game Gear titles on Sonic Origins Plus, those have to be timed separately as the individual Game Gear games because unlike the Genesis ports in the collection, they are just emulation right?

It's up to you but I would strongly argue they should go in classic as they are just unmodified roms in an emulator.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wongojack said:

How did the emulator deal with the dual screen on that handheld?

It worked out surprisingly well! You can see in the picture I posted that it's got one screen displayed in a large window on the left side and the other screen in a small window on the right, then you can just press whatever button you decide to map screen swapping to (I went with R2) to swap the positions of the screens. The touchscreen display on the Retroid Pocket 3+ is very precise too so most of the time I didn't even need to swap the bottom screen into the left position to make it larger in order to change weapons or peek at the map, I just tapped the spot I wanted in the little screen on the right and it worked just fine. It wouldn't work very well for DS games like Metroid Prime Pinball or Contra 4 where the action is taking place on both screens simultaneously, but for games like Aliens: Infestation where one screen is just used for the map or inventory management it works out quite nicely. :)

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 2

As usual, I know nothing but trust your collective knowledge and discretion on how you log the games. If the Game Gear titles indeed are original ROMs emulated, you probably want to list those separately in the classic tracker and all the modified or reimplemented stuff goes here.

Actually, I've toyed with the idea to merge the two trackers and have three categories: overall top 10, classic (pre-2000) top 10 and pre-NES (1985) top 10, plus the systems list, perhaps expanded to 15 systems if required. It still would require you to split up games like Sonic Origins Plus into different formats, but would only mean one place to post. I'm not sure this is desired though, so I'm not saying it will happen, just an idea I've given a little thought.

• Like 4

This week I played:

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 for PS2 - 161 minutes

Sonic Origins Plus for PS5 - 650 minutes

Super Smash Bros. Melee for Gamecube - 172 minutes

Progress:

Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2 - I played through the Dragon World mode once to get another Breakthrough capsule (Recoome). I should have about 14 to go.

Sonic Origins Plus - I played all the way through story mode. Then I played through Classic mode of each game as Sonic alone in 1 and CD, and Sonic & Tails in 2 and 3 & Knuckles. Then I played through Boss Rush mode for each game as Sonic.

Super Smash Bros. Melee - I continued my file, completing Adventure mode on very easy with the rest of the characters that are available from the start, beginning with Yoshi.

• Like 4

Here are my times for this week (July 31st through August 6th) on modern systems:

Browser-based:

Taonga: Island Farm - 611 min. in several sessions

I continued to play Tonga: Island farm this week. Since I now bought the last building available, I changed my strategy a bit since now the most important goal isn't to make money anymore. I'm now only producing those goods which are needed for a quest, for the ship or to complete a building, and I'm mainly concentrating on the main island at that.

• Like 4

Thankfully we are past the Diamond tournament and I completed the Pikmin 4 spaceship set so I slacked off this week.

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 75 minutes

Pikmin Bloom - 338 minutes

IMG_0754.thumb.jpeg.62062fd4d6261e2009e8b2410c357e4c.jpeg

Nintendo DSi:

Zengage - 45 minutes

IMG_0802.jpeg
Had a breakthrough in this extremely difficult slide puzzler and after fifteen years almost finished… the tutorial. ( @neogeo1982 this is my sleep game - it works really well because I keep passing out mid puzzle 😅)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Week 31

Top games

1. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition [Digital] (Xbox One) - 1060 min. (#1)
2. Minecraft (for Windows) (PC) - 734 min. (#2)
3. Sonic Origins & Plus (PS5) - 650 min. (#6)
4. Baldur's Gate 3 (PC) - 647 min.
5. Taonga: the Island Farm (Browser based) - 611 min. (#3)
6. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 338 min. (#5)
7. Survive (Android) - 210 min.
8. Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube) - 172 min.
9. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 (PS2) - 161 min.
10. Duolingo (iOS) - 75 min. (#7)

Top systems

1. PC (2 games) - 1381 min. (#2)
2. Xbox One (1 game) - 1060 min. (#1)
3. PS5 (1 game) - 650 min. (#6)
4. Browser based (1 game) - 611 min. (#5)
5. iOS (2 games) - 413 min. (#3)
6. Android (2 games) - 230 min. (#8)
7. Gamecube (1 game) - 172 min.
8. PS2 (1 game) - 161 min.
9. DSi (1 game) - 45 min. (#10)

Total 4723 minutes and 12 different games (of which 1 new) on 9 different systems, with 7 participants.

The Minecraft double continues, with a close battle for third place between Sonic Origins Plus and Baldur's Gate 3, only 3 minutes apart. None of the systems on the list are represented by more than two games, but the individual #2 + #4 have combined more minutes than the individual #1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are my times for this past week (August 7th through 13th) on modern systems:

Browser-based:

Taonga: the island farm - 481 min. in 17 sessions

I think the only game I played this week was, again, Taonga: the island farm, in which the playtime dropped again compared to last week. I managed to complete several achievements, like starting the cosmetician, and now I'm hunting for those medaillions on the timed wandering island of medaillions (or whatever it's being called in English).

• Like 1