IGNORED

DO THE SAME -WIP

1980gamer

I "think" I have fixed the bugs...   Levels should work, no graphics glitches or start position issues....

Thank you @senior_falcon for fixing the strangest thing I have seen while using a TI99/4A.

I also made a change to the way I match the left and right play fields.  I was nesting FOR loops to read Row and Columns on both sides using GCHARs.

This took 36 iterations on an exact match ( level complete ) so 72 call GCHARS.  As we know this is slow...

It now does up to 6 matches for a Level Complete using a fast VREAD.

The should limit any lag when SPINNING the characters.  The CHECK is much faster now.

Oh, this is also a CART image.  I know some may want the EA5 files...  I will do those too. 

DOTHESAME.zip

DoTheSameEA5.zip

Edited by 1980gamer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

Oh, this is also a CART image.  I know some may want the EA5 files...  I will do those too. 

I just downloaded it.

I am looking forward to playing it!

It would not load from my FinalGrom99 on my computer.

It shows in the menu and when I click it returns to the TI Start/Main Screen.  Pressing 2 shows it in the menu. 

It needs a little more love  😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

Thank you @dgrissom

I don't have a FinalGrom99 to test on...   But I will post the EA5 files..  Hopefully in the prior message...

No worries! It did work on Classic99.  

I downloaded the E/A files zip.  It runs fine. (Execute "DOR1D-X" with Extended BASIC starts the loader.")

Now if I can just figure this puzzle out!

DG

2 minutes ago, dgrissom said:

No worries! It did work on Classic99.  

I downloaded the E/A files zip.  It runs fine. (Execute "DOR1D-X" with Extended BASIC starts the loader.")

Now if I can just figure this puzzle out!

DG

Glad it is working for you...

I am pretty good at this now.  Hmm, maybe not.  I think I have memories a lot of these!

For the FINAL release I hope to have some music---at least jingles.  Maybe some HIDDEN bonus levels ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fabrice montupet said:

To make compatible with FinalGROM99, I used Ti99Dir to convert the V9T9 E/A files to TIfiles. Then I created the .bin cartridge file thanks to the Ramsus tool EA5toCART.

Hi, where can I find the EA5toCart tool ? It´s not in the acutal XB29GEM.zip 🤔

2 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

Hi, where can I find the EA5toCart tool ? It´s not in the acutal XB29GEM.zip 🤔

Not sure if it's the latest version, but in attachment the copy I have. In any case, there are other 2 tools to create carts: ModuleCreator2 (from Fred Kaal) and MakeCart (from Tursi).

ea5tocart.jar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Eric M

I am working on reading VDP memory reads / writes to eliminate defining so many characters and having to reload character sets to display text etc.

It is also faster and takes a lot less space!

I am not successfully reading the tiles and creating 1 time use sprites!  I am having an issue reading the colors though.

Once I figure this out...  I can work on the touches.  Music / option screen etc.  I feel like I am 95% done.  So I only half way to go!  LOL

• Like 5

Major progress.

Again, ALL back-end stuff.  Not much on the game play.

I am now compressing character definitions and color setting.

I am reading the tiles and colors from the screen inside the cursor and dynamically creating the sprites for 1 time use each time you spin the group.

Results. 

Faster response when spinning items.

Faster screen draw of each level.

Additional space to do more things!

Thank you @senior_falcon for VDP assistance!  And of course the Entire Game Development Package!

@Eric M Thank you for inspiring me with this game and the feedback and assistance on so many details in this game.

Talking my wife into helping me with music selection(s) and transposing to TI's awesome 3 channels ;)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

Major progress.

(...)

I am reading the tiles and colors from the screen inside the cursor and dynamically creating the sprites for 1 time use each time you spin the group.

Results. 

Faster response when spinning items.

Faster screen draw of each level.

Additional space to do more things!

(...) 

You're welcome,

It's exactly what I've done.

For the levels, I've done a kind of 'merge'. So, for one level I've got 45 bytes instead of 78. (I've won 3024bytes). It was good enough for me 🙂

Great work 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1