IGNORED

The Official Analogue Pocket Thread!

I'm jazzed about the Duo, and figured I'd try out the pocket's tg16 cd core--fired up the annoyingly unskippable rondo intro and, as just I recall from last time I tried it, it de-sync'd badly enough that I turned it off.

Any magic tricks to that?  or the tgcd core in general? I notice there's some kind of a numerical setting in that menu, and also that the default options don't work great for me. I don't remember similar issues with the same games on MiSTer, but kind of want it handheld.

Edited by Reaperman

Some of the big names in the openFPGA scene have said that's possible with the Pocket. But possible and it happening aren't one and the same, so don't hold your breath.

Interestingly, the same folks have said Sega CD isn't realistic within the constraints of the Pocket. That surprised me, but developers like Agg23 know a heck of a lot more about this stuff than I do, so I believe them.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Although it sounds like you have a very strong opinion, I think for most people and most uses, it works just fine as-is. I'm sure there will continue to be improvements, though.

the buttons don't register when I am in the OS. I have to click the same things multiple times to get to the next screen. that to me is the definition of broken.

I also had issues with screenshots not showing up. issues with games not starting when clicking on them, and then having to go back to the home screen and trying to again. other various issues but id have to bust the Pocket open again to be able to specify what those were

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Also, are you sure you use the right buttons? I think the Pocket uses the Nintendo (or Japanese PlayStation) convention, which is the right button to accept, not the bottom one. That would explain why you don't have the problem in game.

No I actually realize now I was holding the damn thing upside down

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, dudeguy said:

No I actually realize now I was holding the damn thing upside down

Well, I'm sorry but I've never heard of anyone else having that problem anyway. Several complained about the d-pad, but you're the first with buttons not registering well in the menu only. I'm pretty sure some had their Pocket repaired, so you could actually try, especially if you live in the US.

34 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Well, I'm sorry but I've never heard of anyone else having that problem anyway. Several complained about the d-pad, but you're the first with buttons not registering well in the menu only. I'm pretty sure some had their Pocket repaired, so you could actually try, especially if you live in the US.

now that I think about it, I dont remember seeing anything about a warranty on any of their products? seems that a warranty is pretty typical for most manufacturers of game consoles

11 hours ago, dudeguy said:

Im sure Analogue will happily honor my return and pay for my shipping costs to send the defective unit back and I will get a replacement in a timely fashion.

Sarcasm aside,  you won't know unless you ask.

Edited by GoldLeader
Unless you've already asked, then the joke's on me.
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dudeguy said:

Im sure Analogue will happily honor my return and pay for my shipping costs to send the defective unit back and I will get a replacement in a timely fashion.

I'd take a video of demonstrating any non-responsive buttons and send it to them. Anyone I've seen with a defect or other has had their issue resolved eventually.. granted their support isn't the speediest and you may have to go through a month of back-and-forth emails though. :lol: But, it's there. And yeah people outside the US apparently have to pay for repair shipping.

My experience with Analogue Support was with my original NT Mini when it stopped powering on a number of years ago.. it was resolved without issue and my console has worked ever since.

Edited by NE146
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 9:07 AM, dudeguy said:

Has anyone been able to get the Out Run core to work? When I play it, the car is invisible and there's graphical crap popping up, backgrounds missing

Yes, mine is working. But it was a couple months ago when I set it up so I can't remember how!

4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Good point. Who made the core? If it's the same as the Nt Mini, it should support two players.

I think @kevtris made that Atari 2600 core for NT mini. Spiritualized1997 made the core for Analogue Pocket, but I don’t know if they based on Kevtri’s version. The GitHub page doesn’t mention if it supports two-player on the dock or not: https://github.com/spiritualized1997/openFPGA-2600

Edited by Glorkbot

8 hours ago, Glorkbot said:

I think @kevtris made that Atari 2600 core for NT mini. Spiritualized1997 made the core for Analogue Pocket, but I don’t know if they based on Kevtri’s version. The GitHub page doesn’t mention if it supports two-player on the dock or not: https://github.com/spiritualized1997/openFPGA-2600

They're the same. 🙂